• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
So i have been in the queue for the gigabyte master 3090 since the start and am now 9th. I see the HOF 3090's are available and you have upgraded peoples cards to take these. Did people need to pay more on top? I am at the point now where i would be happy to put some extra on top to make up for this, i pulled the trigger on the HOF to then cancel my original but now i am probably looking to cancel the HOF and stick with the original place if upgrades were given out, are there any options here @Gibbo?

I appreciate you upgrading to get peoples cards out but i can't warrant full price being so low in the queue but as i say happy to make up a lot of the difference, as someone at OC on the phone mentioned you might be able to refund the difference or part of the difference to save me sending back the HOF as it got shipped nearly immediately. I am pretty easy going and happy with whatever you choose, but after seeing the upgrades today i am going to have to send it back.

Last edited:
Associate
Same for me, i believe on price spy that were around the same price as the masters (£1800 roughly). So i would be happy to have mine not FOC but put some extra on top if that is the case but now i feel hard done by :rolleyes:

Associate
I just searched the forum looking for a Gibbo launch post but found nothing . I did find a post that said 1700 but I wasn't sure if it was specifically the KFA.

Associate
I just searched the forum looking for a Gibbo launch post but found nothing . I did find a post that said 1700 but I wasn't sure if it was specifically the KFA.

Last november ocuk had the KFA SG priced at £1729.99. No idea what price the buyers still waiting now paid though. surely it must have been higher ? thats quite an upgrade to the HOF.

Associate
Last november ocuk had the KFA SG priced at £1729.99. No idea what price the buyers still waiting now paid though. surely it must have been higher ? thats quite an upgrade to the HOF.
Thanks for confirming the price.
That did occur to me as well, it's a massive upgrade.

This is from last month
KFA2 SG - 165 shipped, 7 back orders left

So I think you're correct, they must be at higher sale price.

Associate
Anyone know if Asus TUF Gaming backorders have cleared out since Gibbo's 12th March update?

"Asus TUF Gaming - 45 shipped, 19 back orders left"

Should some materialise, I'm looking to get one at the new price (need and arm and a leg icon!)

Associate
Anyone know if Asus TUF Gaming backorders have cleared out since Gibbo's 12th March update?

Should some materialise, I'm looking to get one at the new price (need and arm and a leg icon!)

I am guessing the only way to know if the back orders have been fulfilled is if they appear on the site in stock

OcUK Staff

TUF none OC is down to 15 back orders left. If they do not materialize soon we shall upgrade them to OC version FOC when some more of those land.

Associate
TUF none OC is down to 15 back orders left. If they do not materialize soon we shall upgrade them to OC version FOC when some more of those land.

Thanks Gibbo, guess they're off the shopping list then! While you're at the crystal ball, any whispers of any more Zotac Trinity coming in as they seemed to have good supply previously?

Associate
Question - Core Clocks Issue

I have RTX 3090 TUf OC, playing triple a games seem OK but at times my core clocks will drop from mid 19xxmhz to 1700mhz.

My temps never go over 65c GPU and little less CPU.

My real problem is when playing games like Tekken 7 or Soulcailbar 6. The core clock does not go above 480mhz.

My PC Specs are good and I did not have any issues when using my old 1070ti.

Is this a bottle neck or should I be worried about my new RTX 3090.

My current full PC specs in my signature.

Ryzen 5900x
X570 Dark Hero MB
Crucial Ballistics 32gb cas15
Samsung 980pro NVME 500gb
240hz 1440p Monitor

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
My real problem is when playing games like Tekken 7 or Soulcailbar 6. The core clock does not go above 480mhz.

I take it you're not seeing the expected frame rates in those two? What FPS are you getting? Have you got it locked to 60fps by any chance?

Edit: The only time I've seen something like that is when it's a hooky version of a game. Otherwise the fact you're seeing normal clocks elsewhere is pointing at those two only. Have you tried TimeSpy as a stress test for it?

Last edited:
Associate
I take it you're not seeing the expected frame rates in those two? What FPS are you getting? Have you got it locked to 60fps by any chance?

I have a GSync 240hz monitor and never locked FPS or play with VSync.

I trying to figure out why to significant drop in the the 3090 core clocks in these games which resulting in under 60fps

1070ti core clocks and FPS in the same games where fine.

It's like the GPU knows that theses games are not demanding for a (1440p Monitor) but cutting back too much on the core clocks.

Edited post
Now getting artifacts and crashing in Cyberpunk. Only had GPU a few days so sending it back :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom