Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Man of Honour
Yea i think some people here are just jumping on the bandwagon and bashing amazon for some weird strange reasons.

They aint perfect no but some of the reasons here to dislike amazon is funny lol

Popular to hate and/or some people can't stand to see someone else being successful if they aren't :s and can only comfort themselves by assuming the person (or company) got there by some undeserved path rightly or wrongly.

Man of Honour
I do my supermarket shopping through Prime Fresh now, Morrisons is what they use. The thick brown bags you get serve as great storage bags or wrapping paper for those you don't like much but are still on buy presents for terms :p

Amazon Pantry boxes used to be nice to save up for moving house :s well until the time I needed one more and my order came in a regular thin walled box of a different size :( sturdy enough and just the right size to make optimal use of the space in the back of my truck.

I used to keep a few around as it was handy when I needed to box stuff up in general for storage, etc.

Soldato
Well, just discovered that I had an apparent amazon charge I didn't recognize on my account. Given my wife had a $550+ fraud on her card last month I quickly cancelled my debit card.

Turns out Amazon UK have been taking Prime membership since Decemeber. I live in the USA, I have no need for the UK version. They refunded my money, but at this point I've already cancelled my card, so will have to deal with the fall out of paypal, insurance etc, to have the new card so I don't take a credit hit.

(I didn't sign up for prime, but I did try ordering items in December for my parents, that ultimately failed because of trouble between amazon and my USA bank.)

Note: I am happy with the USA service btw lol. Total side note, I just realized I need to buy my Dad a birthday gift. Will take a peek at OcUK for something for him :)

Soldato
If Amazon is becoming worse, ebay even more so, what's with popup/overlay vouchers you now have to dismiss ? it's just like any other trashy online sales site,

I need to look to deploy ublock or other countermeasures to make the site useable.

Man of Honour
I knew I wasn't going mad! In recent times I have been doing my Amazon Fresh order (Morrisons sourced) and could swear if I ordered 3 bottles of hand wash, I'd got 2 etc but always forgot to check back.

So today's order I ordered a "pack of 3" shower gel at a quantity of 1 (pack of 3) and what turns up amongst the rest of the weekly shop? Just 1 bottle of shower gel!

On livechat with Amazon right now... I believe they have a shopper going round buying the stuff in question and bagging it rather than Morrisons staff doing it all and bagging? The latter would know pack of 3 etc I'd imagine.

Edit*
Amazon have offered a refund of the pack of 3 so I've got a free £6 shower gel I guess...

Soldato
Have lots of examples of PrimeNow going wrong but you can't complain with free. Had a chocolate stained box of Moet that was fully refunded. Did a big shop for wife's birthday and it was missing 2 or 3 key things, entire basket was refunded. I've done far more for a much lesser discount so it totally solves my inconvenience problem.

Soldato
... but what is the premium for buying Morrisons stuff from Amazon ? it's not a free lunch, and I need to visit supermarket anyway to select fresh food,
(assuming you can't get a refund on a cauliflower because it's not fresh enough)

Soldato
... but what is the premium for buying Morrisons stuff from Amazon ? it's not a free lunch, and I need to visit supermarket anyway to select fresh food,
(assuming you can't get a refund on a cauliflower because it's not fresh enough)

I did a comparison shop recently and they are the same, basically. BUT, the difference lies where items arent in stock. Substitutes can be made but you'll pay full price for them. You can chose to refuse subs of course, but you'll get no discount if items are subbed unlike if you buy direct from morrisons. Additionally, amazon will charge you based on what they think the total might come to including substitutes, then refund the difference afterwards if items happened to be in stock. So while the items are the same cost on both, you most likely will pay extra buying through amazon because you just know they arent going to sub cheaper items.

Man of Honour
It's free same day delivery for orders over £40 or £3.99 if under. Prices I've found to be the same or too close at least to be an issue and the convenience of same day del with plenty of timeslots makes it handy. Plus if they do make an error then just livechat and get a refund which seems like a decent thing I guess.

Soldato
You can get a refund if the food isn't fresh enough. They refund rather than get into any debate, meaning they can have half as much effort/resource associated and save the cost elsewhere.

The only catch is they do not have any offers. So you'll often get 2 packs of ham you paid £3.00 each for, but if you went directly you'd get it for £5.00 for example.

I wouldn't recommend it for a family of 5 who do a "big big shop" but for a family of 3 getting mostly essentials, it is absolutely perfect. Have been to a supermarket once in the last year.

Man of Honour
Ordered something yesterday which showed as shipping from Amazon UK and arriving today, there were other variants which showed as shipping from the EU but this one didn't. Checked tracking today and it has been shipped from a private seller in Germany (via Amazon) so won't turn up until tomorrow. Not the end of the world or cost me any different but I did purposefully choose it over the options that showed as being EU imports.

Associate
I'm having a huge problem where most of the things I buy that are advertised as Prime are actually third party sellers that take days if not over a week to ship on standard delivery.

And since it's a third party seller, amazon provide no support for those items.

Associate
Amazon Pantry boxes used to be nice to save up for moving house :s well until the time I needed one more and my order came in a regular thin walled box of a different size :( sturdy enough and just the right size to make optimal use of the space in the back of my truck.

I used to keep a few around as it was handy when I needed to box stuff up in general for storage, etc.

You still get the same size boxes if you have enough shipped from subscribe and save.

Soldato
You can get a refund if the food isn't fresh enough. They refund rather than get into any debate, meaning they can have half as much effort/resource associated and save the cost elsewhere.
yes, but you need reliability, in a shop I'll swap between vegetables (eg. leeks, cauli, cabbage) on the basis of freshness, and, getting a refund, doesn't give you something to eat that pm.

Amazon modified their order receipt emails then ?
they no longer list all the objects - you get a dam web link you have to click on to double check the order - why do they mess with it

Soldato
yes, but you need reliability, in a shop I'll swap between vegetables (eg. leeks, cauli, cabbage) on the basis of freshness, and, getting a refund, doesn't give you something to eat that pm.

Amazon modified their order receipt emails then ?
they no longer list all the objects - you get a dam web link you have to click on to double check the order - why do they mess with it
This is super annoying even on normal Amazon, where they send you an email saying "your item" rather than list what it is in the email. Like I can remember what crap I've ordered on Amazon... it could be absolutely anything. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom