**** Apple Event "Spring loaded" - 20th April 2021 @ 18:00 UK time ****

Associate
I'm sorry, but that channel has literally been alive for a week and has published two videos. Their Mac coverage has been more than fair for years if you actually watch the content. I also say 'their' because while Linus has ultimate editorial control, he has a team of writers behind him so it's really not a single persons opinion.

I’ve watched Linus long enough to say he bashes apple too often, some justified, others just a failure to understand the eco system. He admitted this in the WAN show and was a factor in a new channel. He’s clearly decided to attempt to balance it out with a Mac channel which of course will help bring in the CAD for his now large expensive to run business.

Associate
MKBHD is just another one of the plain droll youtubers , look for better analysis elsewhere. I mean you could always listen to Linus's anti apple rants but has seemingly decided to start a apple channel..why...$$$ of course.

Air tags seems a waste of money and potentially an anti-trust case by the sounds of it.

Good effort on the iMac.

Shame the smaller iPad Pro doesn't get a better screen, the bigger one is far to big for casual reading etc.

All these youtubers are paid to advertise the product

Soldato
indeed, considering the person we were discussing doesn't get seeded hardware from Apple - they go out and buy it which is why their reviews are 'late'.

Apple generally doesn't give hardware away, the hardware that Apple does seed gets recalled back and those who it is seeded to have to actually get in the queue and buy it like everyone else if they want to use it beyond the review cycle.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You are right. These youtubers are greedy. They get paid by the manufactures for fake review.

tenor.gif

Soldato
Update on the magic keyboard, the first gen will work with the latest iPads it just won’t fully close.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211091

“The first generation of the Magic Keyboard (A1998) is functionally compatible with the new iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation) with Liquid Retina XDR display. Due to the slightly thicker dimensions of this new iPad Pro, it's possible that the Magic Keyboard may not precisely fit when closed, especially when screen protectors are applied.”

Associate
Hmm, normally I'd expect the store to go down an hour or so before pre-order starts but no sign of that yet.

Would they still take the store down if the product pages and pricing are already in place? (as they are for the new iPad Pro) - it's just the add to basket button that is not enabled as far as I can tell.

Soldato
Ordered a 1TB iPad Pro 12.9”. I would have gone for the 128 GB one but I’ve decided to go for this just in case they do pull something out of a hat at WWDC.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

12.9" iPad Pro 256GB in Space Grey :cool:

Kept on telling me that my apple bag was empty.

Back
Top Bottom