Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Associate
Yeah I have seen similar too, not sure now but will be sure to confirm with the dealer tomorrow and let you know.

Tbh I didn't go to view this one with the intention of buying as it was out of my comfortable range really. It was up for 29,995. 2020 with 4000 miles. Has the extras like the recaros, Bose system, rear parking camera etc. It was essentially their demo car.

Had a fairly nasty mark on a pillar, apparently they some how did that in their carwash on site the day before so are obviously sorting it.

Found a small very tiny indent on an arch too which is being put right aswell but otherwise it's essentially like new I guess, it looks the part.

Suggested 28,500 and left it with them while we went to crunch some numbers

They called back with 28,800, to which we ended up settling on 28,700, keeping in mind there are also admin fees which at that point I wasn't aware of.

Originally I had my eye on a 24,500 one in Bristol. Showed some interest then this morning I asked if we could just swing by and have a look. the dealer then kept messaging me and emailing getting a bit pushy about putting a holding fee on, claiming they had someone test driving it in an hour, then saying someone's finance company had just rang up to discuss the car and I need to put a holding fee down over the phone to secure it.

Ultimately that put me off wanting to even view it at all, so didn't bother. I'm sure it was genuine but just put me off really.

That one was a year older but had similar spec but 10,000 more miles. Looks like a lovely example and I'm sure it will be snapped up quick! Was manual, the one I went for was the auto in the end.

Not much in it but I think both have their pros and cons.

sorry rambled on there.

Which one are you looking at? Probably seen the ad over this past week myself

That sounds like you scored a bargain then, especially with being able to drop them by almost £1300, albeit the minor fixes that need sorting but I'd say you scored a cracking car there.

tbh there's nothing worse than a pushy dealer or salesman/woman, an absolute instant turn off and zero interest to pursue after that so hats off to your for sticking firm on that.

Yeah the RS' don't seem to hang around for long at all, seen a couple that I've enquired about that have already sold.

Believe it's the one in Leicester (Renault dealer/affiliated dealer) its the 300 trophy but in manual as I know a lot of the 300s are autos right?

Soldato
That sounds like you scored a bargain then, especially with being able to drop them by almost £1300, albeit the minor fixes that need sorting but I'd say you scored a cracking car there.

tbh there's nothing worse than a pushy dealer or salesman/woman, an absolute instant turn off and zero interest to pursue after that so hats off to your for sticking firm on that.

Yeah the RS' don't seem to hang around for long at all, seen a couple that I've enquired about that have already sold.

Believe it's the one in Leicester (Renault dealer/affiliated dealer) its the 300 trophy but in manual as I know a lot of the 300s are autos right?

Yeah and tbh the dealer we have actually gone with were so laid back, literally no push at all actually had to hunt a member of the sales team down rather than being pounced on as soon as you arrive. Got a feeling they were completely genuine and plus it's right up the road so easier if I ever need them after sales etc.

I definitely looked at that one :) just bit far for me!

As far as I'm aware models were offered in both Auto and Manual however now if you buy new now, they are all Auto going forward. Not really sure why but many seem to be going that route. Maybe would mean a manual may hold value a bit more? Not sure :)

Associate
Yeah and tbh the dealer we have actually gone with were so laid back, literally no push at all actually had to hunt a member of the sales team down rather than being pounced on as soon as you arrive. Got a feeling they were completely genuine and plus it's right up the road so easier if I ever need them after sales etc.

I definitely looked at that one :) just bit far for me!

As far as I'm aware models were offered in both Auto and Manual however now if you buy new now, they are all Auto going forward. Not really sure why but many seem to be going that route. Maybe would mean a manual may hold value a bit more? Not sure :)

100% makes your more interested in purchasing I find.

I know it's their job to 'sell' to you but there's a limit and being pushy or over agressive about it is a no no.

It's a little out of my price range, but thought I'd go and take an in-person look and test drive to get a feel and go from there.

ah right okay, odd choice for them to go full auto on newer models but I guess with the new tech and stuff autos are just as good if not better and saves the hassle of constantly changing gear when in city traffic :p

Associate
100% makes your more interested in purchasing I find.

I know it's their job to 'sell' to you but there's a limit and being pushy or over agressive about it is a no no.

It's a little out of my price range, but thought I'd go and take an in-person look and test drive to get a feel and go from there.

ah right okay, odd choice for them to go full auto on newer models but I guess with the new tech and stuff autos are just as good if not better and saves the hassle of constantly changing gear when in city traffic :p

Which is exactly why I bought the auto, comfort mode is great once you are moving.

Soldato
Yeah! They let us take it out for half hour though said we could have it a few days if we wanted!

The dealership is bang in the middle of my commute so pretty much drove it home, back toward work then back to the dealer.

I found the ride was firm but felt solid(in the best way)

Love the interior. They say it's their demo version so it's got a fair bit of kit on. Noticed a ding on it right away which they are putting right anyway but otherwise in a lovely way.

What was nice is they had an Orange one too so could see the 2 colours side by side.

I think I really like both in their own way but definitely prefer yellow personally. Going back to my earlier driving years I always wanted a Yellow 106GTi. Just pops in the right light
Nice car hope you get a lot of pleasure out of it!

Soldato
Thanks :) they said may be a week or 2 to get it out through their shop for the touch up but that's ok!
That Orange Metallic is stunning as you know but touch ups for stone chips are a major pain as it takes several coats of different base layers to get the desired factory finish back as the paint is a little soft. So 2 weeks does not surprise me at all.

Soldato
That Orange Metallic is stunning as you know but touch ups for stone chips are a major pain as it takes several coats of different base layers to get the desired factory finish back as the paint is a little soft. So 2 weeks does not surprise me at all.

Yeah! gone yellow but I imagine it's the same sort of thing! (Both look amazing to me)

They have penciled collection in for the 10th unless they can get it back sooner so fingers crossed but no rush. Just a hard wait once you have signed etc ;)

Associate
Was it a manual or auto?

Kind of wish I tried both really but gone auto in the end for no real reason over the other, still have the ability to override with paddles and stick up and down

Manual this one I believe, did think about an auto but thought I'd give the manual a whirl first

Soldato
Manual this one I believe, did think about an auto but thought I'd give the manual a whirl first

Nice! I'm worried I may regret auto, hope not . I think manual may hold better value for reselling too as the don't offer them any more.

Apparently the only reason it was dropped was due to tax in France. The manual would cost french users more to tax than the auto, so it was dropped.

Focus isn't doing a new RS due to European emissions rules, maybe all a sign of the times or things to come

Soldato
Nice! I'm worried I may regret auto, hope not . I think manual may hold better value for reselling too as the don't offer them any more.

Apparently the only reason it was dropped was due to tax in France. The manual would cost french users more to tax than the auto, so it was dropped.

Focus isn't doing a new RS due to European emissions rules, maybe all a sign of the times or things to come
This is the factory in spain where most Meganes are made (RS are also made in France @ Dieppe). Great behind the scenes video showing most of the production that goes into each car ;)
(1) Renault Megane 4 production #MegaFactories - YouTube

Soldato
This is the factory in spain where most Meganes are made (RS are also made in France @ Dieppe). Great behind the scenes video showing most of the production that goes into each car ;)
(1) Renault Megane 4 production #MegaFactories - YouTube
Oh nice I'll have a watch this evening!

Had a call from the dealer, car has been bumped forward from the 10th to the 6th for collection all going well. They received our funds, I then went on to clear my previous PCP (was waiting for them to confirm they received before doing that) and now just have to wait.. and sell the ST but that doesn't have to happen by then

Associate

With the performance and the quality of autos now I’d say you’ve made a sound decision. I’m sure you’ll fall in love with it again once you’ve got it

anyone have any tips for talking dealerships down in price?

Soldato
With the performance and the quality of autos now I’d say you’ve made a sound decision. I’m sure you’ll fall in love with it again once you’ve got it

anyone have any tips for talking dealerships down in price?
Find a chip and kick off ;)

Na tbh our conversation sort of just flowed naturally. Never act too excited about the car ;)

Go in with a figure in mind. We essentially discussed the small issues we found, and said if you could do this car for X amount we will put a deposit down today, made out there was another one fairly local we may view etc

We then left him to speak with the manager while we went off to have a coffee. They then called back to discuss further. They came back a little up in what we suggested and we pushed it politely to meet us in the middle.

They then agreed and reminded us of admin fees but at the point we were happy. I think us not being in a rush worked in our favour, they can take their time in the touch ups mentioned etc.

All depends on the sales person I guess, I think we got lucky as they were all just so relaxed

Back
Top Bottom