Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Associate

Thanks for the pointers, I'm always terrible at trying to pokerface people :p obviously not trying to get a huge saving but would be good to see what they could drop to (if anything)

will have to see how it goes on the day and what sort of salesperson you get matched with

Soldato
Thanks for the pointers, I'm always terrible at trying to pokerface people :p obviously not trying to get a huge saving but would be good to see what they could drop to (if anything)

will have to see how it goes on the day and what sort of salesperson you get matched with

Yeah! Before looking into Meganes, we viewed a Focus RS and they wouldn't budge more the £100 off asking price, and it was a pretty average example.

Best to go in with low expectations regarding what the price could be and just see where the conversation takes you

Soldato
Just saw mention that the car simulates engine sound through the speakers? Is that so? Apparently you can change it in Perso somehow but comfort by default does it? Seems a bit tacky! Didn't notice on test drive though so maybe it's a non-issue

Soldato
Popped in to the dealer yesterday because partner wanted to look at a Captur and Clio as a potential future change for herself. Not to buy yet just see what they are like size wise for her etc!

My sales chap from the Mégane popped out and updated me on the car. It's back, minor ding has been completely sorted and also said it's getting new front tyres in time for collection which was a nice suprise.

The car was back And wanted to show us, I can't notice where the mark was so happy that is sorted roll in Thursday (hopefully)

They have also now sold the Orange manual one that was there too, they don't hang about for long

Associate
Didn’t get chance to see that one this weekend, was due to go today but car already sold. Devastated haha, they’re so hard to come by especially in manual.

Soldato
Didn’t get chance to see that one this weekend, was due to go today but car already sold. Devastated haha, they’re so hard to come by especially in manual.

Ahh no gutted for you! More will come up! RS280 Are even harder to find so should have more luck with the trophy at least

Soldato
Yeah, I'm hoping my local dealer my end up with one so it's easier to get to haha.

I bet you can't wait to get yours now :D

Very much looking forward to it! Still do wonder how I'll get in with the EDC but I think both are viable today.

It still had its tiny stone chip when we saw it yesterday so hopefully they get that sorted in time too. Wasn't expecting new tyres. Very impressed with Platinum Renault so far I must say.

My ST is all gutted and photographed to get online, hopefully sells quickly so my old man doesn't feel hard done by. Tbh he got the better deal out of this if he gets a good price on it ;)

Associate
Very much looking forward to it! Still do wonder how I'll get in with the EDC but I think both are viable today.

It still had its tiny stone chip when we saw it yesterday so hopefully they get that sorted in time too. Wasn't expecting new tyres. Very impressed with Platinum Renault so far I must say.

My ST is all gutted and photographed to get online, hopefully sells quickly so my old man doesn't feel hard done by. Tbh he got the better deal out of this if he gets a good price on it ;)

I'm sure you'll absolutely love it.

Hopefully they get that sorted quickly for you. Can't deny that that's some quality CS though.

STs are always sought after right? so I'm sure it'll fly off your hands

Soldato
I'm sure you'll absolutely love it.

Hopefully they get that sorted quickly for you. Can't deny that that's some quality CS though.

STs are always sought after right? so I'm sure it'll fly off your hands

Yeah can't fault them!... Yet ;)

Hope so, gauging asking price is a bit tricky due to all the variables but start high and see what happens I think. I'd like to think it's a good example. Only 23k, 2016 FSH And I'm the 2nd owner so I think that's all pretty positive.could use new rears as they are showing signs of wear on the wall. I may just get them done prior to a viewing as I'm sure they would notice. Or wait and make out it's a good will gesture ;)

Associate
Yeah can't fault them!... Yet ;)

Hope so, gauging asking price is a bit tricky due to all the variables but start high and see what happens I think. I'd like to think it's a good example. Only 23k, 2016 FSH And I'm the 2nd owner so I think that's all pretty positive.could use new rears as they are showing signs of wear on the wall. I may just get them done prior to a viewing as I'm sure they would notice. Or wait and make out it's a good will gesture ;)

Haha, fingers crossed they don't disappoint now :p

I'm not really clued up on my STs but that sounds like a reasonable price and I'm sure someone would love to take it off your hands.

Potentially going to view an automatic tomorrow (in the vulcan orange) just depends if the dealer is open or not.

Soldato
Haha, fingers crossed they don't disappoint now :p

I'm not really clued up on my STs but that sounds like a reasonable price and I'm sure someone would love to take it off your hands.

Potentially going to view an automatic tomorrow (in the vulcan orange) just depends if the dealer is open or not.

Lovely colour too ;)

Soldato
Soldato
Nice ^^

I think the EDC can be taken 2 ways. Sure it's less engaging than a physical shift but it does give you more time to focus on the when and drive itself.

I don't think I'll regret going auto though have had a few doubts.

It's a shame manual isn't offered going forward, but it seems a growing trend now. Sacrifices being made to appeal to new laws/emissions

Soldato
Car collection time has come... And gone :|

Was due to collect at 11am and they rang literally just as I was leaving to say the car isn't starting. They have it in the workshop and checking it over but are 99% sure it's the battery.

Just had a call back and they have done all their checks and say the battery is healthy but just needs a full charge as the car has been idle for most of the time since I first went in.

This has me worried it's suffering from the DESS battery issue? It's a September 2020 vehicle so I'm led to believe things were improved by then.

The battery is covered under warranty though so I guess if anything happens again they will replace it just lost a bit of confidence now.

Warranty aside, the batteries are like £600+

Associate

Was due to collect at 11am and they rang literally just as I was leaving to say the car isn't starting. They have it in the workshop and checking it over but are 99% sure it's the battery.

Just had a call back and they have done all their checks and say the battery is healthy but just needs a full charge as the car has been idle for most of the time since I first went in.

This has me worried it's suffering from the DESS battery issue? It's a September 2020 vehicle so I'm led to believe things were improved by then.

The battery is covered under warranty though so I guess if anything happens again they will replace it just lost a bit of confidence now.

Uh oh, that's rather disappointing. Hopefully it's not suffering from the DESS battery issues as that would be a real downer.

Have they replaced the battery or just given it some juice? because that's the last you want if you're out and about.

Fingers crossed all other bits are okay though, stay positive about it

Soldato
Uh oh, that's rather disappointing. Hopefully it's not suffering from the DESS battery issues as that would be a real downer.

Have they replaced the battery or just given it some juice? because that's the last you want if you're out and about.

Fingers crossed all other bits are okay though, stay positive about it

Because it passed all their testing they are just charging it fully prior to collection which should now be later today.

I'm going to talk to them about the DESS thing, I'm sure they are aware and would hopefully replace the battery if they thought it would cause me an issue a week from now but never know :D

Nothing worse than not being able to trust a car will start the next day.

The dealer is 5 mins up the road so if I have any issue I'll be on to them instantly as it's a bit of a concern now

Soldato

Yep will be the D.E.S.S battery! They are supposed to keep this in good condition Renault UK sent all the dealers a note about it but UK dealers are lazy they did not bother so this is what happens! If you check my post here last week I put a lot of info on the battery issue along with the Renault name for the software update the vehicle should have which improves battery useage. When you get the vehicle if you use it regular it will not be an issue at all this mainly affects cars which have little use & heavy battery drain from stereo being used when the engine is off & the stop-start technology (which I would disable on the dashboard ASAP!).

Soldato
Yep will be the D.E.S.S battery! They are supposed to keep this in good condition Renault UK sent all the dealers a note about it but UK dealers are lazy they did not bother so this is what happens! If you check my post here last week I put a lot of info on the battery issue along with the Renault name for the software update the vehicle should have which improves battery useage. When you get the vehicle if you use it regular it will not be an issue at all this mainly affects cars which have little use & heavy battery drain from stereo being used when the engine is off & the stop-start technology (which I would disable on the dashboard ASAP!).

Indeed I consulted your useful post :) I remembered it being posted when I was first looking at the cars so thank you for that, I just assumed it would be a rare thing and not a concern.

Let's hope it is just lack of use.

I will use it daily but what happens when you go on holiday and say park it at the airport or something

Soldato
I'm not a fan of stop start I'll definitely turn that odd. My ST would need it to be turned off each time you started the car so a dash board setting is great

Is there a way to tell what software package my car has or is it something the dealer would just know?

Back
Top Bottom