** Official Returnal Thread **

Soldato
Does anyone know if the recent update has fixed the crashing issues?
Patch notes suggest that's one of the things they've tried to address. In over 30 hours using rest mode I've never had a crash. I got the 'I'm locked in a room and I can't get out' bug but nothing more serious than that.

Associate
I've never had a single crash or locked door or any issue at all other the save error after the patch the other day. I deleted the game and installed it from the disc again, all good. No issues since.

Associate
ive just picked this up today, got to the first boss twice and died both times, reckon a couple more runs and i should be able to beat it. couple of questions, what items are perm? is there anyform of perm stat upgrade and when you defeat a boss do them come back on the next run or is it one and done?

really enjoying it so far

Soldato
ive just picked this up today, got to the first boss twice and died both times, reckon a couple more runs and i should be able to beat it. couple of questions, what items are perm? is there anyform of perm stat upgrade and when you defeat a boss do them come back on the next run or is it one and done?

really enjoying it so far
Once you've done the boss they are optional next time and the path to the next area is open to you. Permanent items are some of your suit upgrades and ether. I won't spoil it for you as to what those upgrades are.

Soldato
This game is so addictive, trying to nail the 2nd boss, I am getting closer and closer. I have found the quickfire guns so much more superior, the pistol and the shotgun are not my style. Give me the Carbine or this recently found Hollowseeker :D and I can progress, the game is so frantic at times you just need rapid fire!

Associate
That is forbtg
When he does that red ring barrier attack ignore it as is slow moving instead just get ready to dodge his lunge attack. After you dodged it then jump over the red barrier.
In the third phase he always starts it with a lunge attack so be ready for this.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I've still not beaten him yet, but I can avoid his lunge/swipe by ignoring the red ring.

Got him down to about 20% health on the 3rd phase twice now, both with relatively weak weapons. I've had a couple of runs with some great weapons but sometimes it's really poor.

Not be long before I've cracked him I'm sure!

Associate
Just started this today.

I’m loving the atmosphere and world building. I almost had the first boss on my first attempt with the pistol but I dodged into a pillar and took a laser to the face. Got him the second time but it was a close fight.

The carbine is a really nice weapon and my favourite so far. Tried a daily challenge and really enjoyed that with a fancy new gun and different modifiers.

So far this is a very cool game, though the second area feels less compelling visually and in terms of atmosphere. I’ve only gone a few zones in before something one shot me while I had no health and was opening a chest though...

Is there any point to fighting the bosses again once you’ve beaten them?

Soldato
Just started this today.

I’m loving the atmosphere and world building. I almost had the first boss on my first attempt with the pistol but I dodged into a pillar and took a laser to the face. Got him the second time but it was a close fight.

The carbine is a really nice weapon and my favourite so far. Tried a daily challenge and really enjoyed that with a fancy new gun and different modifiers.

So far this is a very cool game, though the second area feels less compelling visually and in terms of atmosphere. I’ve only gone a few zones in before something one shot me while I had no health and was opening a chest though...

Is there any point to fighting the bosses again once you’ve beaten them?
You get 5 ether for redoing the boss.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The game badly needs a save system. Sleep mode on PS5 is far too flakey.
Three of the times I've had to take a break, I've come back to 1) game update restarting the game 2) nothing, no evidence of a game being paused 3) ps5 throwing a wobbler and blinking blue at me non-stop.

It's not hard to do or game breaking. Both Hades and Curse of the Dead Gods have it.

Associate
I’ve only done two runs so far but as a single guy with no kids I find the lack of a save system fine. I can sit down in the evening and choose to dedicate a couple of hours to a run. I feel for those of you with partners and kids though and agree that a checkpoint system even at the start of a new act or something wouldn’t hurt the game at all. Personally I don’t think the ability to save anywhere would impact the game at all. As long as that save is deleted once you resume and you can’t reload if you die I see no issue with adding something like that...

Back
Top Bottom