** Official Returnal Thread **

Associate
Biome 2 question.....

Once you've unlocked Biome 2 do people generally buff up in biome 1, get an astronaut etc before proceeding to biome 2 or do you get there asap?

I'm not sure if the gear you pick up in biome 2 makes powering up in biome 1 first a waste of time?

Can you buy an astronaut in biome 2?

Still loving it but I can see runs getting longer now which may cause me an headache.

Soldato
Biome 2 question.....

Once you've unlocked Biome 2 do people generally buff up in biome 1, get an astronaut etc before proceeding to biome 2 or do you get there asap?

I'm not sure if the gear you pick up in biome 2 makes powering up in biome 1 first a waste of time?

Can you buy an astronaut in biome 2?

Still loving it but I can see runs getting longer now which may cause me an headache.

You can get the astronaut in all of them (well, the 5 places I've been so far). I found biome 2 much easier than the first but yes I would always run through biome 1 before moving on to biome 2 trying to up my integrity mostly and to pick up items and currency and stack some health packs from both biomes. The big teleporting enemy who swipes you in biome 2 can mess you up if you're only on normal integrity. Once you get to the boss a nice permanent shortcut will open up to you to the top of the mountain so you don't have to run through everything again if you just want to rush the boss. It's at the end of the desert part before you go inside.

Last edited:
Soldato
6th is the last isn’t it ?
Yes. The game is actually pretty fair in letting you skip back to 6 but I've just been exploring around not got to the boss yet keep getting wrecked :) I've got two new permanent upgrades which has made going back interesting now that I can go to places that I couldn't before.

Soldato
Yes. The game is actually pretty fair in letting you skip back to 6 but I've just been exploring around not got to the boss yet keep getting wrecked :) I've got two new permanent upgrades which has made going back interesting now that I can go to places that I couldn't before.

been on it all day today :cry: just finished it now wow what a game this is. My gun I had was op with 4 traits it melted everything as it was the hollowseeker with damage over time 2 different turrets and the projectiles through objects. Plus the alt fire was this orb thing that you could charge and it did ridiculous amounts of damage.

boss was easy in the 6th biome compared to actually getting there, those things that give you malfunctions were pretty hard.

Also the adrenaline leech is a must buy item if you ever see it.

Associate
I think my game maybe bugged as everytime I go to rest in the ship it doesn't heal and I can only do it once per cycle. Anyone else getting this?

Soldato
It used to work all the time, you just rest, then go out and go back in and then rest again. There wasn't a limit. I think the newest patch may have messed it up.
No they patched it out. You were never meant to be able to abuse it by doing it over and over. We just found out that we could so we did.

Soldato
Took me nearly 2 weeks to get passed the 2nd boss, I felt I was going crazy at times just doing the same thing over and over, got to the 3rd area and got instantly wrecked by those drones, back to the start !

I can see how people get fed up of repeating the same thing over again to inevitably die. I think I have got to the stage where I think I am just wasting my time, as I could be playing something else

Soldato
Have you tried different builds/weapons? Make sure you take your time in going through the 1st & 2nd biomes to get good items and up the max integrity level too. If you got passed the 1st 2 bosses I think the 3rd is easier imo.

Yeah, I spend 2 days at a time attempting it. First evening I grind 2-3 hours in biomes 1&2, then switch off for the night, then 2nd evening I make a run at the 3rd biome, last night I didn't even get to the boss. Got ambushed by 10 or so flying robots that just seemed to blast unavoidable missiles at me. Used my large health-pack, small health pack and my astronaut before I could even get to the boss.

I've just had enough of it for now, can't see me getting back to it anytime soon. I'd rather run a cheese grater over my nuts. It's truly ****** me off.

Soldato
Bugger that makes it harder

It certainly does.

I've been stuck in biome 6 for a while but I don't mind the loop because the gunplay and movement are so amazing. There are enemy projectiles there that give you malfunctions if they hit you and they are quite hard to avoid sometimes.

Can't stress enough about unlocking the weapon traits. They become ridiculous in their DPS the more you unlock. Even if the gun is bad to begin with it is worth persevering on the traits because later on it can make a bad gun unstoppable. I will just pick up a weapon if I haven't 100% the trait and drop a weapon that I am liking. I might even go so far as to unlock the trait of the new pickup then go back and pick up my original gun.

Back
Top Bottom