• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
the 3090 isn't having a LHR sku is it? I gues the 3080 ti sku will be the LHR version..

Conflicting reports so far - some suggest all chips will be LHR varients, others suggesting the 3090 will escape the nerf. Currenlty watching for an FE drop before the LHR chips are definitely in the wild, but it's getting real close. Whatever the case, still expect miners & scalpers to hoover them all up. :(

3080 Ti will cost more probably, prices keep going up.

My guess is anywhere in the £1900-2300 range for the release Ti pricing - OR £100-200 less than whatever the 3090s are selling for any given week. 12GB less GDDR6X has to drop the price a bit! :rolleyes:

Caporegime
@OCUK

If you and the other place are both getting the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra from the same place.

What is your reason for you selling this GPU for £2899.99, when the other place was selling the same GPU bundled with a PSU last week for under £2100.

Reason = supply + demand * profit - ethics.

Look at the prices of RTX3090 at Caseking. https://www.caseking.de/en/cat/index/sCategory/90832?ckFilters=13916&ckTab=0&sPage=1&sSort=4

This is a retailer, like many other retailers, that has said goodbye to all moral concerns related to pricing. I would support EU regulation where the amount of profit a person is paying has to be clearly stated on the product page. It should be transparent what markup a retailer is putting on a product.

Last edited:
Associate
@OCUK

If you and the other place are both getting the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra from the same place.

What is your reason for you selling this GPU for £2899.99, when the other place was selling the same GPU bundled with a PSU last week for under £2100.
"The other place" (if it's who I think it is) get their stock direct from EVGA whereas OC are using distributors.

Caporegime
I might be going a bit gaga as I just saw a TUF 6900XT for nearly 2.2k and didn't think it was too bad :D :eek:
Yes, this is a prime example of how quickly we adjust to a new normal and why it so dangerous for a new normal to even get to this stage. by the end of this year we will not only be so used to paying high prices, but this is every hardware manufacturers wet dream to see how many people WILL buy at these prices.

Imagine for a moment that you are a hardware manufacturers and you no longer have to waste time with surveys or doing market research to see what people would "theoretically" be willing to pay. This entire situation is basically a proof of concept for what ceiling prices can be in future while still selling hardware like hot cakes. The market has shown that they will buy hardware for insane prices and retailers have taken full advantage of that in the most cynical ways that are legally sound, but ethically compromised.

As consumers wanting to get value for money, we are basically shafted from this point onwards and we only have ourselves to blame for selling ourselves out.

Last edited:
Associate
I agree with most of what been said about the market dictates the price. I believe the majority people paying nearly £3k for a GPU are Miners making around £20 per day on each GPU.

Nvidia are to blame. If they're really wanted to they could force board partners to sell the GPU's to distributors/resellers at a price no more than £xxxx, or no more supply.

The fact that NVIDIA can still sell founders editions £1500, clearly let you know we are all being Major Major Major scalped by stores like OCUK and others.

I am not saying the store prices should be the same as the founders edition but £2899.99 - £3k is ridiculous.

I have an invoice from the other place for an ASUS RTX 3090 Tuf OC dated 09/04/21, £18xx.

So in 4 weeks the price for a 3090 has gone up by £500 £1000? I think not.

I waiting to see the next price increase when the 3080 ti comes out in a few weeks

Soldato
What did OCUK charge today for 3090's I missed it. I bought my KFA2 3090 SG in December for £1549 and couldn't be happier. Absolute bargain compared to today.

I got the same. Its on for £2399 here at the moment.
If I could get a 3070 then I would consider selling and making a profit.
I've got a better chance of waiting for my ideal 4k monitor though.

Associate

I bought a new 3440x1440p monitor and it works well with my 3090. Not sure about 4K with Windows scaling issues so happy at this resolution. Where are O/C's selling these cards now can't see them in PC components? Not selling this card it's great. Max everything including RT what's not to like.

Associate
Are people getting dispatched emails for 3090s? The 3080 thread seems to have quite a few (but not big numbers) being dispatched. It seems rather quiet considering 3090s were supposed to be more available.

Associate
I might be going a bit gaga as I just saw a TUF 6900XT for nearly 2.2k and didn't think it was too bad :D :eek:

Exactly - if you told me last year I'd be contemplating dropping over £2K on a GPU I'd have asked when did I have the stroke or eat the 'shrooms? :D

Are people getting dispatched emails for 3090s? The 3080 thread seems to have quite a few (but not big numbers) being dispatched. It seems rather quiet considering 3090s were supposed to be more available.

There's been the tiniest trickle of 3080s but it's basically dry and my guess will remain so until the V2/LHR models unlock with the Ti launch. Then prices will either slowly drop if the Etherium nerf really works or maintain and climb if it doesn't. Etherium prices are up 1/3 since early April and that's hard to downplay. :rolleyes:

Soldato
People are paying silly prices. But it won't be the new normal. Not in the longer term, but I guess for the next 2 years maybe. Not many people are buying. There is always the 1% that can afford and will pay exhorbtant prices.

Soldato

Don't wait, no other serious choice for 4K other than CX48/C1 48 OLED, if you have the rooom.

Associate
The fact that NVIDIA can still sell founders editions £1500, clearly let you know we are all being Major Major Major scalped by stores like OCUK and others.

Or, alternatively, that Nvidia have two sources of revenue from the chips (own cards and selling to AIBs) so can afford to make less profits on the FE cards and make more on the chip sales, which are already accounted for.

Associate
Or, alternatively, that Nvidia have two sources of revenue from the chips (own cards and selling to AIBs) so can afford to make less profits on the FE cards and make more on the chip sales, which are already accounted for.

Be interesting to know the numbers of FE vs AIB cards being shifted. It was suggested to me there's about 750 FE cards a month being released (not sure if it was UK only or whole of Europe though). Looking at the total lack of AIB supply at the moment, that seems a bit high for UK only.

Associate
Yes, this is a prime example of how quickly we adjust to a new normal and why it so dangerous for a new normal to even get to this stage. by the end of this year we will not only be so used to paying high prices, but this is every hardware manufacturers wet dream to see how many people WILL buy at these prices.

Imagine for a moment that you are a hardware manufacturers and you no longer have to waste time with surveys or doing market research to see what people would "theoretically" be willing to pay. This entire situation is basically a proof of concept for what ceiling prices can be in future while still selling hardware like hot cakes. The market has shown that they will buy hardware for insane prices and retailers have taken full advantage of that in the most cynical ways that are legally sound, but ethically compromised.

As consumers wanting to get value for money, we are basically shafted from this point onwards and we only have ourselves to blame for selling ourselves out.

The industry needs more competition. Choice, or drop in demand will drive down prices.

I believe that many people will switch from PC to console gaming now. Any cheap laptop can be used for apps and media.

Soldato
The industry needs more competition. Choice, or drop in demand will drive down prices.

I believe that many people will switch from PC to console gaming now. Any cheap laptop can be used for apps and media.
The trouble is that consoles are still not readily available although still slightly easier to acquire than GPUs.

Caporegime

The industry needs more competition? It already has enough competition, it just needs more supply to satisfy demand. Intel are potentially a source of some relief with their new GPU, but it is likely not going to be a high-end solution that competes with the best Nvidia and AMD have to offer.

As for people switching to console... people say that with every generation, but a) consoles are also in very short supply and b) PC sales are not slowing down... so I don't think that is accurate.

Back
Top Bottom