• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Let me remind you that it is you the customers choice to keep your back order with OcUK.

OcUK made it very easy for people to cancel their orders online via the form within the first week of launch.

A queue update emailer is sent on a weekly basis giving people queue position updates and the forums are full of detailed information.

OcUK has taken a lot of back orders yes and it has also upgraded 100’s if not 1000+ cards now at considerable losses for those who have chosen to wait.

However it has been my advice for the past three months plus now people should cancel as the timelines are looking poor and the ability to cancel from first week launch has been available and easy to do. So if people still choose to wait that is fine but don’t complain about the wait as unfortunately it will be a long time.

We have never sold 3080 any stock we get that does not have back orders is used to upgrade other back order queues.

We have now shipped several thousand 3080’s since launch. :)

What an ourtrageous response! Sorry, but you allowed customers to place pre-orders on unsecured stock not knowing if you’d ever be able to fulfil it.

You’re talking about enabling people to make cancellations, which is fair enough and you have done that, but OCUK have been so inept it’s unreal.

I mean, look at the two responses given ... in one breath you’re advising people to cancel their order and almost blaming them for not having done so already. In the other, you’re telling certain people not to cancel as they will receive a free upgrade.

There is absolutely no consistency in the levels of customer service being given and the whole management of this from start to finish has been appalling.

OCUK didn’t create the shortage, but Jesus they have created the **** show we are all in now.

Associate
I think "We have now shipped several thousand 3080’s since launch" is a bit misleading as well, possibly whole 3000 series yes, but just 3080's not likely going by the figures.

One person one job is not a good way to work either, hopefully Covid or accidents do not take out a few staff or they are stuffed, as nobody knows how to do anybody else's job.

Permabanned
I think "We have now shipped several thousand 3080’s since launch" is a bit misleading as well, possibly whole 3000 series yes, but just 3080's not likely going by the figures.

One person one job is not a good way to work either, hopefully Covid or accidents do not take out a few staff or they are stuffed, as nobody knows how to do anybody else's job.
Actually from Gibbos post in the stock update, up to March 12th they have shipped almost 3k 3080s

Associate
in hindsight, maybe things could have been done differently, but at the time, nobody at OcUk knew anything different, to all intents and purposes, the history preceding this event/s had been that orders were accepted in the then knowledge, that people may have had to wait awhile for their orders initially, but no one knew what was coming then! so crticism now is useless, they have been doing as much as they can, and ive no doubt the whole industry has learnt some valuable lessons. Whether they change anything is upto the industry, i have criticised in the past but its really no ones fault, if you disagree that's fine, but it wont change the situation. all will come good in the end:p

Associate
I’m sorry everyone, I’m not trying to turn this into some sort of vendetta against any individual.
I’m venting my frustration at the company and the way it has managed this situation only.

I've been frustrated at OCUK for some time. 9 months for a pre order which I've still not received, yes I know its not their fault but the fact that we still haven't had any updates this week is diabolical. Again yes I know the guy is off but why can't management do que updates or provide stock updates on a weekly basis even if their is nothing to report, why can't they hire someone part time to help the guy in charge of providing que updates.

The lack of communication from OCUK is what I'm more concerned about. Customers have spent hundreds of pounds in buying these gpus at least give us a weekly update, we have the right to know what's happening. After all it is our money.

Back
Top Bottom