• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TTL Rightfully Calling Out Retailers Price Gouging

Soldato
I thought I'd have a look at Trustpilot quick after your comments on the reviews, absolute corkers I'll remove shop name from quote and replace with the word Banana
"The most transparent shop during this crisis.
Banana is now my go-to PC shop after using many others. Banana during the GPU crisis has been the ONLY shop to try and get cards to gamers at a reasonable price."

Oh boy how I chuckled !
Probably believes the world is flat.

Associate
Agreed. But it's not the retailers causing it. Now I'd rather pay the retailer and get some warranty than the scum screwing everyone over on ebay etc.

Have you even looked on the OCUK website - theyre currently the only uk reseller with any 3060 stock in and look at what theve done.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1d6-gi.html

Selling for 629.99 - 180 quid over RRP.

Between nvidia (who release products and literally dont have enough stock to keep something on sale for 5 seconds - this is not an exaggeration - at 14:00 and 5 seconds this morning the 3070 ti had no stock - literally the time it took to refresh the page), the retailers (who have managed to get the stock but delibrately screw their customer by price gouging) and ebay (the less said about scalpers the better) this has been the most depressing attempt to purchase a PC upgrade in my entire life.

I dont know who im more annoyed at - nvidia for letting their suppliers overcharge, the retailer for over charging or the scalpers for just botting every card on the market.

Literally everyone in the chain is screwing you.

E3h2ui7VoA89POY

Last edited:
Associate
The world's largest retailer are the only ones who have been selling the cards for their true cost.
Looking at what they charge and what the others are charging you can see the profit margins and realise that the retailers are chatting rubbish in regards to price.

Soldato
I'm going to say this again for all still frustrated with the situation that might be considering the move. I took advantage of the situation and parted out my PC back in February for an astonishing amount of money and bought a Series X after being a PC gamer since the 90's, since then I have been enjoying gaming again and playing games I wouldnt have played on my PC because I was stuck in a loop playing the latest FPS and obsessing over cooling and performance, I dont have any of those issues anymore and I have more money. I dont constantly watch Youtube reviewers relating to the latest hardware etc I just play more games and the experience is awesome, Quick Resume is a feature you never knew you wanted until you've used it and thats just one feature.

My Series X is connected to my 1440P monitor no issues what so ever, "It just works"

Anyone trying to buy a massively over priced GPU (Lets be honest its beyond the joke now and then some) and has considered the idea of changing to console feel free to ask me any questions about my experience with the change and I honestly suggest you put you're efforts into sourcing a console instead, try it out and you'll be surprised at just how good they are.

Associate
I'm going to say this again for all still frustrated with the situation that might be considering the move. I took advantage of the situation and parted out my PC back in February for an astonishing amount of money and bought a Series X after being a PC gamer since the 90's, since then I have been enjoying gaming again and playing games I wouldnt have played on my PC because I was stuck in a loop playing the latest FPS and obsessing over cooling and performance, I dont have any of those issues anymore and I have more money. I dont constantly watch Youtube reviewers relating to the latest hardware etc I just play more games and the experience is awesome, Quick Resume is a feature you never knew you wanted until you've used it and thats just one feature.

My Series X is connected to my 1440P monitor no issues what so ever, "It just works"

Anyone trying to buy a massively over priced GPU (Lets be honest its beyond the joke now and then some) and has considered the idea of changing to console feel free to ask me any questions about my experience with the change and I honestly suggest you put you're efforts into sourcing a console instead, try it out and you'll be surprised at just how good they are.

Ill 2nd this in a way.
I managed to get a PS5 at the start of the year, and completed my new PC build a month later.

With the PS5, I just sit down play games and enjoy. I never worry about the temps / noise / performance or crashes of any kind. Rest mode is indeed a revelation. Loved it on the PS4 already.

While I love gaming on my PC, there is always something. Right now its the annoying coil whine, trying different ways to tame that. Earlier it was chasing benchmarks and trying to work out why my 5900x was not scoring as high as others. Then the same with my GPU...

Then having a random blue screen mid-game, and spending hours running stress tests to work out if its the GPU undervolt, the RAM XMP profile or the CPU udervolt or a driver was the cause. Playing with bated breath waiting for it to happen again.

And while that can be considered part and parcel of PC gaming... it does sap enjoyment away. My previous PC I treated almost like a console, and maybe I should have done the same with this build.
I put it together, black box no windows or RGB. Never ran a benchmark. Ran it bone stock (not even XMP! :O) for 6 years. I let GeForce experience set all my game settings and ran with v-sync on!
It was a welcome change to the years prior to that which where like now. Tweaking, benchmarking, eeking performance numbers out. Having game crashes due to OCing etc.

So yea... to anybody struggling to buy a GPU, try for a next gen console instead. Even scalped they will cost you less than £600 now.

Soldato
kinda in the same boat as above, my pc is alright 5700xt but I am getting closer and closer to just selling up as I can't upgrade. My original plan was to get a 6800xt, I couldnt source one so I used the money to fund a series x and concept 2 rower instead (1200 all in). I am not buying the first card that is in stock and I not paying double the price its just silly.

OcUK Staff
You can spot the gouging far easier now they have the 3070 ti on the website at 530 quid while the 3060 is 800 plus lmao.

Where is 800+ on a 3060 ?
Cheapest on OcUK was £550, but sold out, still plenty cards sub £600 but those are moving pretty fast too.

For the members with larger post counts, all being well I hope to activate some MM only deals next week also on 3060 and 3070 in the members markets. 3060 around £450 and 3070 around £600, both will be high-end OC models.

Associate
it's nice to see independent retailers trying to actively do something for this cards to get to actual gamers and ppl who wil enjoy them as they are supouse to be , not mining in a basement killing the planet.

Associate
Where is 800+ on a 3060 ?
Cheapest on OcUK was £550, but sold out, still plenty cards sub £600 but those are moving pretty fast too.

For the members with larger post counts, all being well I hope to activate some MM only deals next week also on 3060 and 3070 in the members markets. 3060 around £450 and 3070 around £600, both will be high-end OC models.
Maybe it was 3060 ti I saw. They only show prices in wierd situations. Like if I'm on my phone and using the mobile website or if I go into them while on the desktop website. They are still arranged in the order of the prices even though they are not displayed though.

OcUK Staff
Thank you so much for this Gibbo, I went for the Gigabyte 3070 Vision OC. At -£4400 that's by far the biggest discount I have ever had on anything.

I thought listing them at £5000 would be enough, but we still sold two items (now cancelled) at £5000, LOL.

I will stick to £10,000 in the future.

Back
Top Bottom