• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
Hi guys

Im wondering when the Gpu's prices are going down ??

Everyone is suffering from the prices specially in kuwait ! They are selling rtx 3090 $3500 !!

Associate
Truth is nobody knows. I seen a video the other day suggesting prices are trending down so hopefully that continues. Lots more stock hangimg around on the bidding sites. I defo think the initial miners pay scalpers anything scenario has gone to a large degree. We can help by not feeding the scalpers. My advice hold out for an FE or by from a retailer like OC

LWH

LWH

Associate
I cant actually recall how much the flag ship cards used to go for, so im finding it hard to work out whats a bad deal from a terrible deal
I bought a Powercolour 5700XT brand new within a few months of their release for £450 and that was AMD’s top card at the time.

Associate
Hopefully it wont be a case of keeping supply artificially low to keep the prices up, i think a lot of people will shift to console if you it carries on where you can get a brand new 4k tv and an xbox for the same price as a gpu

Associate
I bought a Powercolour 5700XT brand new within a few months of their release for £450 and that was AMD’s top card at the time.

And is faster than the 3060

Nvidia had that premium cost, although right now both brands have a rather unhealthy premium platinum plated inflated cost.

Current line of 20*0 lines, and 16*0 lines even are higher MSRPs than they were before. We saw that leaked image last week or the other of current prices. So previously a 2060 super being £300ish, now it's a £400ish card. Plus additional demand price markup. Ouch.

Associate
People are willing to pay for the current 3070/80ti, I reckon the prices won't really go down at all. We'll see retailers trying to keep shifting their stock at the current prices, because they're usually paying extra out the arse for it themselves. There was that leaked image of pricing afterall.

Soldato
It'll never really get any better IMO.

This past 12 months has proven what people are willing to pay so why reduce it?

I think lockdown has added to that desperation, but it may go down when we're more free hopefully soon. Those desperate for a card might not value it as much as going out or hanging out with mates etc. which has been limited.

Associate
I wonder if the prices stay like this, might end up skipping the 30 series altogether. Its already been like 8-9 months now, another 6-9 months of no cards/high prices surely going to put us close to the 40 series?

Associate
I wonder if the prices stay like this, might end up skipping the 30 series altogether. Its already been like 8-9 months now, another 6-9 months of no cards/high prices surely going to put us close to the 40 series?

Think they are due to be announced at the end of 2022.

Do you think the 40 series will have a performance increase like the 20 series did from the 10?

Supply has to catch up and exceed demand basically.
But there is zero signs that is going to happen anytime soon.

The real question is NVIDIA intentionally drip feeding this market to keep the supply constrained and prices elevated?
I mean they can say whatever they like it really does not matter at this point.
As the actual reality on the ground is ongoing shortages many months after launch.

All I'll say is they don't seam to be suffering any ill effects from these 'shortages'.

2021-06-13_101603_uk.finance.yahoo.com.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom