UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I would say Pope over Pickford as well but we all know T-Rex arms has some sort of hold over Southgate.

Bandwagon.

He's done nothing wrong for England and Pope has made as many or more mistakes than Pickford at club level. But they don't get highlighted because he isn't England no1 and isn't as unlikable as Pickford, talksport multiple times have mentioned this and highlighted popes errors that get brushed under the carpet while going after Pickford. Pickford is the best of a very average bunch.

Soldato
I’m assuming you’re watching Bundesliga week in week out too :D

Phillips is arguably the most in form English CDM in the PL so why he shouldn’t start bemuses me.
You be right, I do.
I'd rather we played an attacking formation that a CDM and put in grealish over Philips if you dont like Bellingham.

Soldato
Chilwell, Bellingham and Grealish should be starting, Southgate going to have the rest of the summer in the dole queue hopefully.

I would say Pope over Pickford as well but we all know T-Rex arms has some sort of hold over Southgate.
Isn't Pope injured

Soldato
So who’s covering the defence? You need someone to sit in front of them so if you’re going with your theory drop Rice and start Phillips.
We're not playing a back 3. Sod covering the 4 men who's job it is to defend. We need to push forward, attack is the best for of defence, otherwise this will be the outcome..

We do nothing for 30mins, get a lucky goal from somewhere like a pen, then we'll spend 60 mins defending and being pressured and letting one in around the 80th min a la every freaking other England game in a euros ever for the last 30 years.

Don
We're not playing a back 3. Sod covering the 4 men who's job it is to defend. We need to push forward, attack is the best for of defence, otherwise this will be the outcome..

We do nothing for 30mins, get a lucky goal from somewhere like a pen, then we'll spend 60 mins defending and being pressured and letting one in around the 80th min a la every freaking other England game ever for the last 30 years.

This ain’t FIFA :p

Man of Honour
That team is too defensive IMO, but I'm not entirely against some caution at least to start with. I hope he'll change it up if we're not creating much (a very real possibility).

Soldato
Looking at the two lineups, I think we'll see Croatia control the midfield and England will tire themselves ball chasing.

I feel like our bench is relatively strong - maybe Grealish on later to tear up a tired defence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom