UEFA Euro 2020 Group D ** spoilers ** (England, Croatia, Scotland, C.Republic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling... lol if true thats just ridiculous.

Grealish has been our best player in pretty much every game he's started for England and he doesn't get a game.

a lot of the big journos reporting it now. That team looks to be correct apart from lb where David Ornstein is reporting England are playing a rb at lb in Trippier.

The rumoured England team :

Pickford
Walker
Stones
Mings
Chilwell
Rice
Phillips
Mount
Foden
Sterling
Kane

Id say i cant believe hes dropped Grealish but well i can absolutely believe it.
Don't worry he'll be subbed on with 3 mins of the match left to play. But only when we're losing :p

Based on the season just gone sterling should not be starting, but I was always 100% sure Southgate would start him.

Can't wait to see him running at full speed nowhere with his flappy arms

a lot of the big journos reporting it now. That team looks to be correct apart from lb where David Ornstein is reporting England are playing a rb at lb in Trippier.

Yet more Southgate logic if that’s true, can Trippier do a job at LB? Yes if needed, but is he better than a dedicated LB like Shaw or Chilwell? Sends a message to those two if a RB is getting a game ahead of them.

Southgate is a clown who should’ve been binned off after failing at yet another competition. If we are not careful he will mince his way through a very promising generation.

Yet more Southgate logic if that’s true, can Trippier do a job at RB? Yes if needed, but is he better than a dedicated LB like Shaw or Chilwell? Sends a message to those two if a RB is getting a game ahead of them.

Southgate is a clown who should’ve been binned off after failing at yet another competition. If we are not careful he will mince his way through a very promising generation.
Is Southgate even really in charge or is he just a yes-man who does what he's told... I wouldn't be surprised if it was the latter. An appointment of somebody with no real force of personality or authority of his own, just to follow the instructions of the FA/sponsors.

I can accept Sterling starting, only because it was completely expected from Southgate (at least it's not Rashford as well), but Trippier at left back would be something else :confused:

Sterling shouldn't start, mings shouldnt play, neither should Philips, Trippier I can forgive because I don't watch Spanish football so I don't like to comment.

Chilwell Shaw and Bellingham are the 3 that should be instead... My only reasoning on this insane choices is to save the better squad for later or the hope that we come second to no have to face 2nd of the group of death in the next round..

This game has 0-0 all over it.

Chilwell, Bellingham and Grealish should be starting, Southgate going to have the rest of the summer in the dole queue hopefully.

I would say Pope over Pickford as well but we all know T-Rex arms has some sort of hold over Southgate.

Sterling shouldn't start, mings shouldnt play, neither should Philips, Trippier I can forgive because I don't watch Spanish football so I don't like to comment.

Chilwell Shaw and Bellingham are the 3 that should be instead... My only reasoning on this insane choices is to save the better squad for later or the hope that we come second to no have to face 2nd of the group of death in the next round..

This game has 0-0 all over it.

I’m assuming you’re watching Bundesliga week in week out too :D

Phillips is arguably the most in form English CDM in the PL so why he shouldn’t start bemuses me.

No reason our attack shouldn't be walking through most defences in this tournament.

Sadly, there's probably no decent coaching going on so it'll be like watching Man Utd vs a low block :o

No reason our attack shouldn't be walking through most defences in this tournament.

Sadly, there's probably no decent coaching going on so it'll be like watching Man Utd vs a low block :o
I’d disagree with that, Southgate still has some in the bank. We’re not going to win it but I think we’ll have a decent tournament.

Young players sometimes need blending in, remember when Hoddle said beckham wasn’t ready in France 98..

Last edited:
I’d disagree with that, Southgate still has some in the bank. We’re not going to win it but I think we’ll have a decent tournament.

Young players sometimes need blending in, remember when yodeller said beckham wasn’t ready in France 98..

I really hope you're right!

Mings over Coady though, is he not fit?!

Edit: that Croatia team is pretty solid in midfield/attack. Won't be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom