*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Caporegime
Just completed this yesterday, and have to say I don't see what all the negativity is about... I really enjoyed it, and while it isn't quite what it was originally hyped up to be, it's still a great game; I reckon if it had been made by anyone other than CDPR then the response would have been completely different, but I guess people have higher expectations of them!

Sure I encountered a few bugs, but nothing game breaking, on a ryzen 3600 & RX 6800, performance could have been better, but TBH with it looking that good I can't complain, the latest patch even made it actually playable with RT on at 1440p (albeit at 30fps). Definitely looking forward to some decent expansions/DLC

Mostly just people who love to make a mountain out of a molehill and others jumping on the bandwagon who have never played the game and never intended on getting it in the first place. Of course, the ps4 and xbox one were terrible but the next gen consoles and pc played very well and the majority of the "bugs/issues" were fixed like 2/3 patches ago. PC actually did very well on the whole for PC according to steam and metacritic.

Aside from the odd floating texture, t shape v on motorbike, the game played wonderfully for me on both my vega 56 first playthrough and also played great on my second playthrough with a 3080.

Can't wait for future content.

Soldato
If you saw anything that CDPR said about the game before it was released, you'll probably be very disappointed by it even if you got it for free. The game doesn't bear much resemblence to that.
Completely disagree with this. I saw every trailer they made since 2013 many times and yet I got pretty much exactly what I expected - Deus Ex-like RPG on larger (city-wide) scale.

Of course, it also helps that I read Gamestar's preview where they very clearly explained that Cyberpunk is not GTA, does not have its NPC AI systems and I should not expect it. So that helped set the right expectations.

That said CDP should have clearly scrapped lastgen versions and delay the game until it was fully polished, with all skills working etc.

Man of Honour
Anyone who isn't sure can see one of the many videos detailing the yawning chasm between the game CDPR promised and marketed and the game that was released. Or the missing game mechanics. Or how badly some aspects of the game compare to games 10 or even 20 years old. Or the bugs, although those have mostly been fixed now. Then there's the working conditions at CDPR that came to light as a result of CP2077.

I like the game but am aware of its flaws.

Soldato
Anyone who isn't sure can see one of the many videos detailing the yawning chasm between the game CDPR promised and marketed and the game that was released. Or the missing game mechanics. Or how badly some aspects of the game compare to games 10 or even 20 years old. Or the bugs, although those have mostly been fixed now. Then there's the working conditions at CDPR that came to light as a result of CP2077.

I like the game but am aware of its flaws.

Whilst I agree, bugs aside, would everyone have been as critical if it had been released by e.g. EA or Ubisoft rather than CDPR?

As you say, it's not without its flaws, but it certainly has more depth and substance than any Assassins Creed, Watchdogs, or dare I say it even Mass Effect that I've played. It's leagues ahead of The Outer Worlds which I played recently and was apparently well received, and yet bored me to death and I had to force myself to finish it

Last edited:
Associate
I think if EA or Ubisoft had made the same claims about the game (and delivered utterly broken XBox/PS4 versions) then yes, they'd have been called out just as vehemently.

Cyberpunk (on PC) is a good (if buggy) game with stellar graphics, a decent story and some terrific voice-acting - but it's not the game CDPR claimed it would be.

Soldato
Nothing is consequential, all the doors are locked. The verticality they spoke of is a few set pieces and a few two story sheds you can parcor onto. The world is large enough and pretty, but it's all smoke and mirrors, there's nothing going on. People shamble about aimlessly. Even at max crowd density, there's next to no one in the streets walking or driving.

I'm still on my first play through but struggling to get motivated. I like the setting and story, the gunplay is fine I guess, balance is off though. But, there's lots of broken mechanics and stuff clearly left over from when they had a plan.

I wouldn't say I regret purchasing or playing what I have so far, but it's not an all time classic. If CDPR went away with the engine and finish what they intended, it would be amazing. Hopefully that's what they are doing

Soldato
I think if EA or Ubisoft had made the same claims about the game (and delivered utterly broken XBox/PS4 versions) then yes, they'd have been called out just as vehemently.

Cyberpunk (on PC) is a good (if buggy) game with stellar graphics, a decent story and some terrific voice-acting - but it's not the game CDPR claimed it would be.

Fair enough, and yeah I can agree completely - it's not a bad game, far from it, but yes, definitely not what was promised

Man of Honour
Nothing is consequential, all the doors are locked. The verticality they spoke of is a few set pieces and a few two story sheds you can parcor onto. The world is large enough and pretty, but it's all smoke and mirrors, there's nothing going on. People shamble about aimlessly. Even at max crowd density, there's next to no one in the streets walking or driving.

I'm still on my first play through but struggling to get motivated. I like the setting and story, the gunplay is fine I guess, balance is off though. But, there's lots of broken mechanics and stuff clearly left over from when they had a plan.

I wouldn't say I regret purchasing or playing what I have so far, but it's not an all time classic. If CDPR went away with the engine and finish what they intended, it would be amazing. Hopefully that's what they are doing

Yup pretty much smoke and mirrors even the way a lot of game features appear to be there but don't actually do anything. The gun play wasn't as bad as I feared it might be from the videos but still could do with work.

There are parts of the game where you can see there were limited attempts to work on that verticality - you can escape the instant death triggers and get inside some bits and there are unfinished corridors with misc items, etc. that were obviously intended for something but unused - possibly some of them are parts of missions I've missed but some are plainly unfinished as you can walk so far then hit an invisible instant death trigger.

As someone with a bit of game development experience if this was my product I'd be so ******* embarrassed it is unreal - personally I don't regret buying it or playing it but if this was my work I'd have ended up giving it away for free out of embarrassment.

Associate
If CDPR went away with the engine and finish what they intended, it would be amazing. Hopefully that's what they are doing

I'd love that but I think it's unlikely - CDPR management have already stated that the PC version was well received (!) and that their focus is on delivering what they promised in January (fixing the last-gen console versions and releasing the current-gen updates).

I think the most we can expect is some more bug-fixing and then, later down the line, some (hopefully substantial) DLC.

Soldato
The only thing that still bugs me is the police spawning and how they appear. Defo not expecting GTA style gameplay as its not, but it does need to be implemented better.

My first playthrough was epic and i've been waiting for patches and new content to drop before my second playthrough.

Soldato
I'd love that but I think it's unlikely - CDPR management have already stated that the PC version was well received (!) and that their focus is on delivering what they promised in January (fixing the last-gen console versions and releasing the current-gen updates).

I think the most we can expect is some more bug-fixing and then, later down the line, some (hopefully substantial) DLC.

Still a lying bunch of ***** then!

Associate

As much as I hate to give CDPR any credit, there's a grain of truth to it - Cyberpunk's got an 82 critics' rating on Metacritic which puts it on par with Assassin's Creed Valhalla - of course, they got that score by heavily stage-managing the PC release and not showing critics the console versions at all. The whole thing was dishonest and scummy.

YongYea's recently taken down his review as he felt he was hoodwinked by CDPR, influenced by the hype and less objective than he should have been: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WeCfKzwaV0

Soldato

Still amazing to me how..unwilling people are to give anyone benefit of the doubt, even after they delivered one of the best games ever made (in Witcher 3 + expansions). So yes, they messed up Cyberpunk's launch, does not mean they are evil moustache twirling lying villains.

In any case, PC version IS rated positively by most people, both by journalists and gamers. At least I think 76% of people is fairly clear majority.

Is there any word on when the next patch/content is dropping? CDPR have been awfully silent for a good while now....

I suspect they do not want to talk about stuff they work on until it is done, taking the Hello Games approach. Also, they are still working from home and got hacked, both of which slow things down.

Back
Top Bottom