*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Not sure if the game is patched enough to start a new play through or wait for the DLC patches

I picked it up a few weeks ago and have played the crap out of it (146 hours!) done multiple endings and completed every quest - no major problems. Of course, the longer you wait the more polished/complete it'll be but the game's great fun IMO and fully playable all the way through (Ryzen 3700X, RTX 3070).

Associate
I completed this very early when it was released. It was so easy with a katana build nothing could stop me no matter what it was, it completely destroyed the game for me :( It was 1 swipe kill on anything. way too OP

Man of Honour
I completed this very early when it was released. It was so easy with a katana build nothing could stop me no matter what it was, it completely destroyed the game for me :( It was 1 swipe kill on anything. way too OP

I ended up playing the last bit with the smart targetting AR (whatever the gold unique one was) ramped up to silly DPS - just spray at the ceiling and watch the whole room clear of enemy LOL - I'd got a bit bored of it by that point. I'm not against a game like this being easy (sort of) if you've spent the time and created a solid build though.

Soldato
Getting bored waiting for the PS5 version, is it much better on PC compared to console? Starting to get tempted at £17.
Depends on the PC. On my Ryzen 2700X + RTX2080Ti + SSD I played 160 hours of it with no significant issues, in 60fps maxed out, with DLSS on quality and 1440p res, but with raytracing disabled. Amazing atmospheric and narrative experience.

Man of Honour
The atmosphere and narrative experience are decent but I still feel incredibly let down by pretty much everything else and I wasn't even anticipating the game.

Some stuff like Judy's story is top notch shame they let themselves down with other areas.

Associate
I agree that it was a disappointment, compared against what it was touted to be, but I still had fun with it. I fully admit I seem to be one of the lucky ones who didn't hit game-breaking bugs though. I've not uninstalled it since completing, because I'm genuinely hoping the DLC comes soonish - I'd hop back in happily.

Soldato
Was multiplayer scrapped in the end? I was looking forward to it, could have been the next GTA online

As a standalone MP game yes it was scrapped, thank goodness. CDP need to focus on what they do best, storydriven narrative singleplayer RPGs.

They still talk about wanting to include some MP elements, but frankly I wish they would reconsider that too.

Man of Honour
Getting bored waiting for the PS5 version, is it much better on PC compared to console? Starting to get tempted at £17.

It varies a lot from PC to PC, both in performance and bugginess. A fairly large amount of the bugginess has been patched, so the chance of it being playable on your particular PC is much higher than it was at launch. You'll probably be able to play just fine with nothing more than some occasional graphical glitches. For example, I didn't encounter a bug until I was a bit past 100 hours of play and that was a section of road becoming invisible. Disconcerting, but far from gamebreaking. But other people had a far worse time with bugs, bad enough to make the game literally unplayable in some cases.

For £17, yeah, I'd say it's worth a go. It's unfinished and rushed. Some skills and perks do nothing. Literally nothing - the code for them hasn't been written yet. The UI is seriously flawed. Balance is on a par with a drunk on a pogo stick. Parts of the game have been very obviously cut out and stuff cobbled together to paper over the holes in order to shove something out the door by release day. The "AI" is amazingly bad. Really, truly, startlingly bad. Especially for vehicles. And pedestrians. And almost all NPCs. There isn't even a reasonable faking of AI. I think it's another example of something that wasn't finished and had to be cut out and something barely functional cobbled together in a hurry to paper over the cracks. But the framework is there. The gameworld is well realised, immersive and interesting. The storytelling is very good in the parts that have been properly finished. Yeah, there's a bit more of the "stuff cut out and something cobbled together to paper over the cracks" in the storytelling too. But there's some properly finished storytelling too. Judy's story is probably the best example. A shame you only get to experience it if you make certain decisions during certain missions. Another year or two of development and it could have become a really top notch game. Maybe.

If you saw anything that CDPR said about the game before it was released, you'll probably be very disappointed by it even if you got it for free. The game doesn't bear much resemblence to that. At best, they were describing the game they hoped to make rather than the game they actually made. At worst, they were lying. Probably lying, based on evidence such as the faked footage they had made to show what the game would be like.

But if you can pretend that the game just appeared without any claims being made about it beforehand, it's OK and has some good bits in it. I paid £50 for it and I think it was worth that much to me. Probably because I didn't see any of the things CDPR had been saying about it before release. I only saw them after the scandal broke and I'd already started playing the game. I did two complete playthroughs of the game.

I'm hoping that they make a sequel. Hopefully one that's actually finished before release. There's a lot of potential there. I certainly won't preorder a sequel, but I will very likely buy it if it's made.

As a standalone MP game yes it was scrapped, thank goodness. CDP need to focus on what they do best, storydriven narrative singleplayer RPGs.

They still talk about wanting to include some MP elements, but frankly I wish they would reconsider that too.

Yes, that, absolutely. There are plenty of MP games. There's no need to make everything MP. I can see why it's appealing to game dev companies - they can make half of a game and charge full price for it on the basis that players have to make their own stories - but there is a market for games with stories and CDPR can do games like that very well.

Soldato
Just completed this yesterday, and have to say I don't see what all the negativity is about... I really enjoyed it, and while it isn't quite what it was originally hyped up to be, it's still a great game; I reckon if it had been made by anyone other than CDPR then the response would have been completely different, but I guess people have higher expectations of them!

Sure I encountered a few bugs, but nothing game breaking, on a ryzen 3600 & RX 6800, performance could have been better, but TBH with it looking that good I can't complain, the latest patch even made it actually playable with RT on at 1440p (albeit at 30fps). Definitely looking forward to some decent expansions/DLC

Associate
Just completed this yesterday, and have to say I don't see what all the negativity is about...

I never played Witcher 3 (which by most accounts is one of the 'greatest games ever') so asides from being aware of the pre-release hype (and post-launch condemnation) I didn't have much in the way of expectations for this game.

I found the main story to be good-to-great, the voice acting (yes, even Keanu) was really good, some of the side quests were excellent and overall I had a lot of fun with it.

**But** - it's still a pale shadow of the game CD Projekt Red claimed it would be - they over-promised, under-delivered, released an utterly broken XBox/PS4 port and burnt any and all goodwill they had with their fan-base.

They really needed to drop the last-gen console ports and delay the game for at least another 12 months to get even close to delivering what they showcased over the last eight years.

Back
Top Bottom