LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Associate
If it looks incredible:D show us the image:)

I only made a suggestion, give the company a call where you buy it from they might replace the panel:)

Maybe you clean the screen:D
I have logged it with LG but I heard that panel lottery means you can sometimes get a worse screen than before so not sure what the best thing is to do. I read somewhere that pixel refresher can cause more damage and then you have LG saying run it multiple times in a row for best impact. Not sure what is best really bud :(

Soldato
If it looks incredible:D show us the image:)

Took this photo before I added the two play bars in the bottom corners. Wish I had the full wall free but I have my desk set up next to my TV unit.

I’ll take more photos later when it gets a bit darker :)

454-CD013-EB9-E-41-BC-AA0-F-5481901176-B3.jpg

4YNgVmvR

Associate
Yay, I have just joined the CX gang. Ordered through John Lewis for the 18 month interest free credit, arrives Monday. Cannot wait, will be using Playstation Pro and PC with it. Looking forward to the HDR goodness. :)

Associate
What are people's thoughts about dynamic tone mapping when watching movies and TV? Do you keep it on or off? The image looks a little dark with it off but I've been told there can be losses in detail if it's on and the picture is less natural. Should I also leave it on or off when playing games on a PS5 or switch to HGIG?

Soldato
Looks great @Bluntwrapped. Do you still need the Hue Sync box to use the gradient strips properly or have they finally update the Hue app to be able to control them?

Thanks :) I have the Hue sync app installed on the pc and on my phone. When I read you can use the app or the hue sync box I thought great, can save myself a few hundred quid. Wasn’t sure if the box had any benefit vs the app but having seen some of the box demos on Reddit, the app via the PC appears to even more responsive. The only downside is the ‘start at windows startup’ worked for the first few days, now doesn’t so I need to start it manually on each reboot.

I’ve since added a few OSRAM zigbee bulbs for room lighting and a OSRAM strip for under the TV unit. Have them linked up with the app. All round really pleased with the new set up :)

Soldato
48 or 55, want to use it for gaming...

55 if you have the space for it.

Yay, I have just joined the CX gang. Ordered through John Lewis for the 18 month interest free credit, arrives Monday. Cannot wait, will be using Playstation Pro and PC with it. Looking forward to the HDR goodness. :)

Congrats mate, I’m a recent new member myself and went with JL too with the enhanced warranty. You’ll be blown away by it :)

Soldato
What are people's thoughts about dynamic tone mapping when watching movies and TV? Do you keep it on or off? The image looks a little dark with it off but I've been told there can be losses in detail if it's on and the picture is less natural. Should I also leave it on or off when playing games on a PS5 or switch to HGIG?

DTM... I switch in on depending on the movie or lighting conditions. Basically if the movie is mastered too dark for my liking or the room environment is bright I whack it on.

Associate
Took this photo before I added the two play bars in the bottom corners. Wish I had the full wall free but I have my desk set up next to my TV unit.

I’ll take more photos later when it gets a bit darker :)

454-CD013-EB9-E-41-BC-AA0-F-5481901176-B3.jpg

4YNgVmvR

Looks good:) look at all that static icons, bin, task bar, soon your TV will result in a permanent burn-in for sure;) do you think JL enhanced warranty will cover you when you do this!

Protect-Plus Terms and Conditions We shall not be liable for.
Your failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Not using your Product in an environment which could materially increase the risk of damage to your device.
repairs required where the product is functioning within the manufacturer’s tolerances (for example, number of pixel failures)
Damage from causes including: flood, lightning, fire, wind, humidity, weather, neglect, deliberate damage or damage caused by animals, plants or trees.
cosmetic damage dents or scratches.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks good:) look at all that static icons, bin, task bar, soon your TV will result in a permanent burn-in for sure;) do you think JL enhanced warranty will cover you when you do this!

Protect-Plus Terms and Conditions We shall not be liable for.
Your failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Not using your Product in an environment which could materially increase the risk of damage to your device.
repairs required where the product is functioning within the manufacturer’s tolerances (for example, number of pixel failures)
Damage from causes including: flood, lightning, fire, wind, humidity, weather, neglect, deliberate damage or damage caused by animals, plants or trees.
cosmetic damage dents or scratches.

Lol I’m not too worried. The screensaver kicks in after about two minutes and after 10 the tv switches off ;)

Associate
Lol I’m not too worried. The screensaver kicks in after about two minutes and after 10 the tv switches off ;)
The choice is yours, but as a new member of an OLED TV the tip was don't use wallpaper, desktop icons, and hide taskbar + bin leave the screen black also mix your content with games and streaming don't play the same game every day turn the OLED light to 40/50 if you don't follow the tips and suggestions then you will get a burn-in/Image Retention within a year or so.

Last edited:
Soldato
The choice is yours, but as a new member of an OLED TV the tip was don't use wallpaper, desktop icons, and hide taskbar + bin leave the screen black also mix your content with games and streaming don't play the same game every day turn the OLED light to 40/50 if you don't follow the tips and suggestions then you will get a burn-in/Image Retention within a year or so.
Proof?

Soldato

Sounds like a lot of rubbish to me mate. Burn in happens after a prolonged time of displaying a static image. The desktop isn’t static for more than a few minutes at a time. You’d have to leave the desktop sitting for hours/days to ‘burn in the image’ permanently.

Last edited:
Associate
No, that's my point. You came with the scaremongering when I've already done my research, owned an OLED for 14 months, have several more in my test lab running the same apps every day... You need to tell me why my experience is wrong :)
Everyone uses their OLED different to others, it's a lottery panel some get burn-in others don't on different models it is as been a big debate for a long time, and I am not scaremongering anyone it was some tips that was written on AVS forum that I copied to this forum, I also an OLED owner:p

Sounds like a lot of rubbish to me mate. Burn in happens after a prolonged time of displaying a static image. The desktop isn’t static for more than a few minutes at a time. You’d have to leave the desktop sitting for hours/days to ‘burn in the image’ permanently.
As I said above its how you use it mate, to avoid the possibility of burn-in is to mix you content don't play the same game every day for weeks drop the OLED light to 40 look it up and Sony and LG said the best way to prevent burn-in or image retention on their TVs is to avoid static images
https://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs/oled-tv/reliability

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00173479

It isn't rubbish:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom