Transgender MTF picked for Olympics weightlifting

Caporegime
I'm surprised the marginal but noisy woke lot aren't gunning for "gender neutral" sport, or is that next on the agenda once they have cancelled everything else out?

It is the right that is trying to cancel transgender athletes ability to compete.

Caporegime
'Cutting their junk off' is hardly a reasoned response to giving a baby birth right to compete in the Olympics :p

You seem a bit muddled there - how is a doctor's decision re: what to do in the case of an intersex birth related to the Olympics?

Caporegime
And where is the outrage that women soccer players are not paid equally as men?
Where is the outrage about PEDs

The problem is, your outrage is not about fairness, is is about transgender rights. It also isn't a particularly critical topic to get outraged about compared to catastrophic climate change for example. Your outrage is very misplaced.

As for my opinion, I think it is a complex subject that wont have a reasonable discussion on OCUK. Sports do need to be inclusive of all gender identities, and differences between hormonal environments during development need to be taken in to account. Professional sports bodies are reviewing and researching the options to make sports inclusive and fair, based on actual scientific evidence rather than the opinions of uneducated and biased
When women footballers are as commercially profitable as male ones, then they can be paid equally.

Soldato
You seem a bit muddled there - how is a doctor's decision re: what to do in the case of an intersex birth related to the Olympics?
I think you're muddled - this is a thread about Olympics and your post was talking about inter-sex athletes.

Caporegime
And where is the outrage that women soccer players are not paid equally as men?

They are:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ns-and-mens-teams-receive-same-pay-fa-reveals

guardian said:
The Football Association has revealed that it pays women the same appearance money as men when they play for England.

Parity on match fees and bonuses for games outside major tournaments has been in place since January, the FA said, in response to a question whether it would follow Brazil in paying male and female players the same for a senior international cap.

As for my opinion, I think it is a complex subject that wont have a reasonable discussion on OCUK.

Well, you're not exactly helping that by adding in one of the most inane comments in the whole thread.

Sports do need to be inclusive of all gender identities, and differences between hormonal environments during development need to be taken in to account. Professional sports bodies are reviewing and researching the options to make sports inclusive and fair, based on actual scientific evidence rather than the opinions of uneducated and biased

That's a rather vague answer - you acknowledge the issue but you still can't bring yourself to offer an opinion.

Caporegime
The Olympics is kinda **** anyway, just a big corrupt bureaucracy that bankrupts every city it goes to and is an endless source of brown envelopes that has emasculated Japan of all places...

Might as well provide some genuine entertainment.

Caporegime
I think you're muddled - this is a thread about Olympics and your post was talking about inter-sex athletes.

Some of whom compete in the Olympics, did you not see the post it was in response to? If you think there is something unclear in my post then just as and I'll elaborate, I'm not clear what you mean in your post though.

You responded to the cutting of their junk bit with an unclear comment, that's what some doctors essentially do with some intersex people at birth, frequently resulting in them being raised as girls. My comment was that that might change going forwards, some intersex people have been campaigning re: this and would prefer intersex babies were left intact, perhaps they could then grow up as "non-binary" or some other gender identity - if that were to occur more frequently then you'd perhaps have less of an issue of (intersex) people raised as "girls" then wishing to compete as girls, you'd still have the trans issue though.

Last edited:
Caporegime

So where are the women players earning this much? And where are the threads on OCUK complaining that this is not the case?

Well, you're not exactly helping that by adding in one of the most inane comments in the whole thread.

That's a rather vague answer - you acknowledge the issue but you still can't bring yourself to offer an opinion.

I provided an opinion, that it is best left to the experts with evidence and experience than a bunch of biggots on a computer forum.

Caporegime
So where are the women players earning this much? And where are the threads on OCUK complaining that this is not the case?

But it is the case, I've just provided you with an article showing that it is the case, so your question makes no sense. Where are the woman players earning this much - read the article, they're in the England team...

If anything it is presenting an advantage to women as men's football brings in much more revenue.

I provided an opinion, that it is best left to the experts with evidence and experience than a bunch of biggots on a computer forum.

So you have no opinion... you just want someone with credentials to tell you what your opinion should be even though you'll perhaps find that lots of this is subjective and various experts disagree.

You don't need to be an expert to have an opinion on what is right or wrong here, if your reasoning for that position is flawed then sure, that's where you can cite experts, but beyond that, you've just thrown in a complete cop-out. Very weak.

Back
Top Bottom