*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
I really hope windows 11 can be used without a Microsoft account. I do not like the sound of this.

Windows 11 LTSC - disconnect the network cable hopefully.

Isn’t there something isn’t the requirements that states an internet connection is a required to setup an account with Windows11?

there is :

• Windows 11 Home edition requires an Internet connection and a Microsoft Account to complete device setup on first use.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/whats-new/windows-11-requirements

unless that is a requirement of windows 11 home on a prebuilt machine or laptop that is for sale?

Associate
I know I can enable fTPM, but tempted to see if I can get a dTPM to save the hassle of having to reinitialise the fTPM each time I flash the BIOS or clear CMOS.

Last edited:
Soldato
You might not be but Microsoft are. Nobody is forcing you to upgrade. Windows 10 will be supported for a while.

Yes for only 4 years.

This is Microsoft trying to wall off the PC industry like Apple does with its Mac range, though the difference is Apple built everything themselves.

If you have an old program that doesn't have a security certificate, tough luck.

I've heard this will stop people dual booting to Linux.

At a time when the chip industry is struggling to produce enough, now we have Microsoft causing increased demand.

Btw, don't get me wrong.. the Win11 GUI looks good from what I've seen. But the thought of millions of perfectly working computers becoming obsolete in 4 years time isn't a pleasant one.

Soldato
I tried the Health check and it did not run, says update's are managed by an organization?

If you've signed into Office 365 or other MS apps with a work account, that comes up. You need to remove that account from the Settings app, then try again.

My PC is UEFI, I've enabled fTPM for my Ryzen 3600, but whenever I enable Secure Boot, I just boot to a blank screen after I see the mobo logo :(

Soldato
If you've signed into Office 365 or other MS apps with a work account, that comes up. You need to remove that account from the Settings app, then try again.
My PC is UEFI, I've enabled fTPM for my Ryzen 3600, but whenever I enable Secure Boot, I just boot to a blank screen after I see the mobo logo :(
- are you using 2060 super as per your sig?
- what connections does your gpu have? HDMI/DP? what is your monitor connected to?
- do you have CSM (in the BIOS) enabled/disabled?

Soldato

I had to:
Settings --> Access work or school --> [work account].disconnect
It now says my pc is ok.

Soldato
If I install this leaked ISO, will it be getting regular updates from MS and when it's released will it update to a release version rather than re installing it?

I know it's unstable but it's no risk for me I don't use a computer much since I got me xbox

Soldato
It will probably update to the final no problem, easy enough to d/l the final iso when its out and update it that way anyway.

Its not unstable by the way, well, not for me anyway, it's been completely solid.

Back
Top Bottom