Marvel Studios Loki

Soldato
I was more imagining Richard E Grant was the big bad. He’s got the chops for the role and I think it has to be someone we’ve already seen. I can’t decide if Sylvie is going to die, be the new Loki or even be the big bad.

I’m not sure it would work to introduce a new big bad in the final episode to be the next phase villain. I can’t see how that would go down well.

Man of Honour
Thought they handled that perfectly, don't know why I ever doubt if Marvel can pull something off, roll on phase 4!

Glad it wasn't just another Loki!

Also thought Jonathan Majors' performance was fantastic, can't wait to see the others on screen.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Why are you still watching? You said you didn't like it several pages back.

LoL you should see his movie ratings.

Same guy is Kang in next AntMan film so yeah, confirmed now.

I reckon they have just unleashed Kang the conqueror because the variant Sylvie killed was Immortus which sets up Antman and potentially other movies. Because it's multiverse it might be a clever way to introduce the X-Men and the fantastic four as well.

Kang has so many variations he the ultimate definition of a variant and immortality.

Soldato
^

Yep. Should have been obvious to me that given they'll be a series 2 - then confirmed post credits - that s1 basically opened the can of worms for the bulk of the next phase of movies 'in the background' whilst keeping his and Sylvie's story open for continuation.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
^

Yep. Should have been obvious to me that given it seems they'll be a series 2 they basically opened the can of worms for the bulk of the next phase of movies whilst keeping that story relatively open for continuation.

Exactly it sets it up beautifully. I must admit for me Fatws was surprisingly the weakest imo.

Soldato
Didn't know who Kang was and had to Google, but really enjoyed this series! Not a fan of the character Loki, but he came across much better than in the movies ie in the movies he was only there for comic relief, plot driver etc and was very one dimensional.

Also, definitely warmed up to the Sylvie character - until the end..............!

Permabanned
Didn't know who Kang was and had to Google, but really enjoyed this series! Not a fan of the character Loki, but he came across much better than in the movies ie in the movies he was only there for comic relief, plot driver etc and was very one dimensional.

Also, definitely warmed up to the Sylvie character - until the end..............!

He was entertaining in the movies, basically a useless wet blanket in the TV show. :cry:

Soldato
Ha! I saw it the other way around!

Yes, he certainly wasn't God like in the show, but I found him more interesting.

I guess that is a step away from how the character should be though I suppose.

Soldato
They stuck that landing alright, didn’t think it was all that good up until now and I still don’t think it is that great but the landing really sets up Phase 4.

annoying though if you don’t have Disney Plus you risk missing out this set up if just followed the movies.

I'm sure they've done it like this so that you can watch the films and these mini-series won't be essential for following events along but just make the experience more complete.

So in the next films we'll have this multiverse interfering with the 'main' timeline and casual people will be okay with that because we had time travel in Endgame so what's a parallel universe or two cropping up, but if they watch Loki they'll see the *why* they have multiverses. Loki himself gets series 2 and stays in the background maybe influencing stuff that happens in the films without having to be in them directly.

Scarlet Witch - she didn't take losing Vision well and the next time we see her (probs Doctor Strange 2) she's got all lost up in dark magic, makes sense. If you watch Wandavision you get to see the downward spiral in more detail.

FATWS - next time we see Falcon he'll be the new Cap, not much of a leap as he was all 'Murica and wholesome. You can watch the series to see how that came about.

It's kind of... formulaic but I get why they do it.

Associate
Very entertaining episode and great cliff hanger with the statue.

I hadn't realised that it would be that instant! (He did say to Sylvie see you soon though)

So the timeline has branched which means that various timelines now exist within this universe, which means that in some of those, He Who Remains' variants have come along to rule the timeline/universe? Whereas before, because he could see ahead of time, he could take steps to ensure that the events leading up to any branching out/his variants coming was eliminated before it happened?

Have I got this right? And how was he able to see ahead? I suppose his technological achievements allow time travel, and he can somehow monitor ahead? And why did he lose the ability to see ahead, if that ability was powered by technology?

Back
Top Bottom