What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I picked this up recently too. A Vertex MP45, along with the steel bracelet. A short brief on it below:
Here's a brand that's not talked about much here so thought I'd do a post and quick write up on my new acquisition. I got this MP45 delivered to me yesterday from Vertex along with the optional steel bracelet. I decided on the black dial automatic (they come in a white dial or a red accented dial and all are manual or automatic) as the slightly thicker case profile on the automatic didn't bother me at all and I'm not much a fan of having to manually wind my watch.

After years of wearing mostly Bremont I am slowly expanding my collection again. I had an Arrow not so long ago and on overall look, feel, dimensions I would happily give it to the MP45. I prefer the case design, the slightly smaller overall diameter, the BL lume and the raised sapphire crystal.

The watch itself comes on a leather strap but I changed it straight away for the rubber strap, which is really supple. A nato is also included plus spare spring bars. the straps and bracelet come with quick release pin bars. The packaging is utilitarian but much more useful in my opinion than a wooden box or leather wallet. It's a genuine Pelicase with dual layer plastazote. In the separately posted bracelet package I got a few extra "toys" too. The Vertex Illuminator (a UV torch, great for charging your lume), a Swiss army knife, a polishing cloth and a Wera screwdriver to change the links.

FwJoLXf.jpg
jIP3vaE.jpg
AhuTTEh.jpg
fiCIcBL.jpg
hTEPDne.jpg
xqkhEy0.jpg
52aehUF.jpg
StAaeHs.jpg
DhWQJ89.jpg
xmF3llE.gif
WegR51B.jpg

Soldato
Love that. The peli box is a great touch. It looks properly industrial. Not sure I like the blue but I think that's because I am used to green! Common sense prevails and they include a Wera too :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Raised bezel or face?

Finally got a decent background for pilot watch photography :cool:

oldmap_front4_2021.07.12_1952-38_00007_Edit.jpg

oldmap_rear_2021.07.12_1958-16_00013_Edit.jpg

Associate
I wore it for a day but put it back on the rubber. Its much more comfortable and I don't have to worry about desk diving scuffs.
Rubber straps for comfort totally. I don't own any watch with a rubber/fabric straps, I'm not really one for wearing a watch to work as I find they get in the way a bit and I wouldn't want to damage them.

Back
Top Bottom