• Yes V6 FE Manual - 5k paid

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Yes V6 FE Auto - 5k paid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes i4 DCT FE - 2k paid

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Still thinking about and NO deposit paid

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • 2k Deposit paid but making no decisions yet, holding out.

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Associate
If you can stand the guy:

Jenson Button makes up for it though (from 3:08)
Never watched any of his videos before, but after watching this I watched a couple on his Taycan. Came to the conclusion that the guy is annoying smug. Good to hear there has been a fair few deposits taking for the Emira.

Soldato
I've just signed up to the Lotus forums. Someone on there was saying they overheard one of the Lotus staff at Goodwood saying the launch cars would be £15k over list price due to all the optional extras.

BUT....he then went on to say he was certain both the AMG and V6 would be a similar price.

Qo7bYDL.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The car looks great, the engine / gearbox choice seems weak for the price point and the numerous option packs are going to inflate the price significantly as many are mentioning.

Soldato
With spec you will be up around 85k

Pricing the car at £70k. They seemed to think the V6 would only be slightly more expensive than the i4. Not sure £10k is slightly more expensive.
Time will tell.

I'm wondering what you get with the drivers and convenience packs. I know the goodwood car had a reversing camera on it.

Soldato
The car looks great, the engine / gearbox choice seems weak for the price point and the numerous option packs are going to inflate the price significantly as many are mentioning.

Lotus cars have never been about the engine. it's the steering and brake feel, handling balance and uncanny way they simultaneously have a great ride yet iron control over the suspension.

The Toyota engine sounds fantastic and quite capable of punting the car down the road at speed.

Soldato
Pricing the car at £70k. They seemed to think the V6 would only be slightly more expensive than the i4. Not sure £10k is slightly more expensive.
Time will tell.

I'm wondering what you get with the drivers and convenience packs. I know the goodwood car had a reversing camera on it.

I would have through the AMG engine with a DSG would be the more expensive (and heaviest). The Toyota V6 is an old one now, though still great.

Soldato
I would have through the AMG engine with a DSG would be the more expensive (and heaviest). The Toyota V6 is an old one now, though still great.

Yeah, I guess we'll just have to wait this one out. Nobody knows which AMG engine they've gone with yet. M133?

Lotus need to be careful. Price it too high and people will go for the Porsche.

Soldato
Totally struggling to resist putting a deposit down… despite definitely not needing one at all. Got my model 3 performance and barely drive that lately, but just love the thought of an Emira alongside it. It ticks so many boxes for me personally (Lotus - always wanted one since my brother owned an Elise many years ago, AMG power plant - I previously had an A45, GT86 before that and loved the RWD sportscar setup so seems like a perfect match, Kef; favourite speakers brand… must resist! :cry:

Soldato
A little light viewing Saturday evening for those with an interest in Emira:

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/lotus-a-new-dawn

Thanks for the reminder.

If I have understood correctly, you work at Lotus? If so I really hope the enthusiasm seen on the forums and at FoS is getting back to the factory as well. This really feels like a 21st century rebirth of Lotus in the same that Geely brought Volvo back.

Soldato
Thanks for the reminder.

If I have understood correctly, you work at Lotus? If so I really hope the enthusiasm seen on the forums and at FoS is getting back to the factory as well. This really feels like a 21st century rebirth of Lotus in the same that Geely brought Volvo back.

Yup, been there 22 years so been through a few boom and bust cycles and this is the most positive I’ve ever known things

As well as being at the launch I was also asked to spend a couple of days at Goodwood to support the stuff going on there so I was able to see the amount of goodwill for the brand first hand

Back
Top Bottom