Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Yet the vast majority of women would disagree with you and say that both Lewis and Harry are extremely well dressed people!
Also that's a really weird and shallow reason to dislike someone imho!

To be honest, it was a tongue in cheek joke. Intended to highlight that some people might dislike someone for a reason other than the colour of their skin, which was what I feel you were fishing for with your post.

I dont particularly like Hamilton as a person, though will openly say that he is an extremely good racing driver. I did like Ayrton Senna as a person (and goes without saying that he was an extremely good racing driver). Does that mean I dislike Hamilton because he isnt white, absolutely not. There are many people of colour I like and many caucasian people I like, equally there are many people of colour I dont like and many caucasian people I dont like. I can honestly say that there is no human, male or female that I dont like because of their skin colour. Case in point, I really dislike Diane Abbott because she is an utter idiot but I bet some people out there will say I dont like her because of her skin colour.

TLDR : it is possible to dislike someone for a reason other than their race.

Soldato
As a white man, I would really really be disappointed with some of the members on here if that were the reason

off topic woohoo 5000th post

I would dare say there are very few that feel that way. As @Tombstone said, it is possible for people not to be liked for other reasons that their ethnicity/skin colour. It's frankly pathetic that it's even been dragged up, yet again.

Soldato
TLDR : it is possible to dislike someone for a reason other than their race.
I would dare say there are very few that feel that way. As @Tombstone said, it is possible for people not to be liked for other reasons that their ethnicity/skin colour. It's frankly pathetic that it's even been dragged up, yet again.
You would think that but you only have to look at the response from some of the brain dead imbeciles last weekend to see that’s not the case.

Man of Honour
You would think that but you only have to look at the response from some of the brain dead imbeciles last weekend to see that’s not the case.

Well I mean...it quite literally IS the case. Unless you are saying that it is not possible to dislike someone for a reason other than their race, which is what your post is saying by saying that it isnt the case.

Obviously there will be some who will have the racist viewpoint, just as there will be some who like chicken but not beef, some who hate football but like rugby and some who like labour and not conservatives. Every facet of any aspect of life is going to have people on all sides of a belief. I just think its wrong it automatically assume that the only reason someone might have a dislike of a certain person is because of their skin colour. I've already shown with my Diane Abbott example that people can dislike someone for a reason beyond that.

Soldato
The Barcelona clip is a good comparison, with Max throwing it up the inside and Lewis giving him room to avoid the collision.

Soldato
The Barcelona clip is a good comparison, with Max throwing it up the inside and Lewis giving him room to avoid the collision.

There will be many more examples. Everyone knows to give Verstappen space. Verstappen then gets plaudits for his overtakes, which is fine as long as it isnt a one way street.

Man of Honour
lol
All the salty racists and Lewis haters have managed to get 'Cheat' trending on Twitter :rolleyes:

Best thing to do with that, as with many instances on social media is avoid it, twitter is such a cesspool of narcissism, hatred, trolling, virtue signalling, two-facedness and outright lies, that I wouldnt go near twitter with a digital bargepole. Twitter is virtual masochism :)

Back
Top Bottom