• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 233 26.2%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
i cant believe these are still never in stock anywhere. You have to wait in a queue and hope there is one left and that is only if you knew they were going to be in stock from a stock informer

Soldato
I bagged one last week and it arrived Friday. Although I was on Stock Informer's discord alerts channel, It was via Stock Checkers that I caught the alert. First MS console I have ever owned but couldn't help myself with game pass and FS2020 dropping in a week or so. I've given up buying a new PC due to costs and the lack of GPU availability.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far and currently have GoW4 and G5 cued up for starters!

Soldato
Thought I'd have a go on mechwarrior 5 as who doesn't love a bit of battle mech action. God its awful, I'd have thought this could have been a key franchise for Microsoft but it doesn't come close to the likes of titanfall 2.

Associate
How hard is it to get one these days?

Instead of upgrading and paying way over the odds for a new graphics card, I'm gonna take the plunge and get the Series X for flight simulator on my big tv, so in prep for the launch next week, I'll be looking to get one over the next couple of weeks if I can.

Soldato
the series s is easy, loads of stock, the x its still low, but drops more frequent, i had a currys vip for x 2 weeks ago, you could have had it, as i already had an S and happy with that until gpu price madness is over

Soldato

Instead of upgrading and paying way over the odds for a new graphics card, I'm gonna take the plunge and get the Series X for flight simulator on my big tv, so in prep for the launch next week, I'll be looking to get one over the next couple of weeks if I can.

For an X, to give you an idea, I got a telegram alert this morning for the X and they sold in seconds. I responded to the alert within about 30 seconds as I was already in front of my PC.

Associate
Cheers guys, so still difficult it seems...

I managed to get a PS5 from shopto by bypassing their queing system, so hopefully they have a drop soon and that trick still works!

Associate

I found Argos to be best (where I got my sx), when they have stock it's on the website by 5:30-6am they seem to have stock for a while. I guess people don't consider Argos an option above Game etc.

Associate
Their way to stop scalpers. You sign up with your email for a lottery, if you win you get email a VIP code which you can take to the nearest store to get the console.
Ah thanks, that's a good method actually!

I'll look to signup now :)

Edit: Where can I sign up, I can't find it on their site when looking at the xbox section?

Caporegime
OP
Did anyone order a new Series controller from the XBox Design Lab yet? Just wondering if they come with the grippy/textured back like the standard models included with the consoles do?

Man of Honour
Haven’t used my X in a couple of weeks while doing up the house and waiting for my air con. Switched it on tonight and there are about a bazillion updates. Air con gets switched on tomorrow ready for many weeks of uninterrupted gaming time :)

Soldato
Bought a Series S recently and started playing Gears of War 3 coop. It holds up well for a ten year old game.

One thing I'm not getting on with is the controller however. Gets uncomfortable and can feel it days after playing. Might need to look into some "gamer" gloves if such a thing exists.

Soldato
One thing I'm not getting on with is the controller however. Gets uncomfortable and can feel it days after playing. Might need to look into some "gamer" gloves if such a thing exists.

The controller is the biggest disappointment for me, I don't like the textured back and I've never had a d-pad that is so loud. Going to look for a decent third party alternative.

Back
Top Bottom