Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.1%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
OP
The controller is the biggest disappointment for me, I don't like the textured back and I've never had a d-pad that is so loud. Going to look for a decent third party alternative.

I love the back, it's the best feeling I've had from a controller (not tried DualSense yet) which is why I wanted to make sure the Design Labs came with the same textured back before I got one.

Caporegime
I love the back, it's the best feeling I've had from a controller (not tried DualSense yet) which is why I wanted to make sure the Design Labs came with the same textured back before I got one.

I may be ordering in a month or so for my Scooby Do colour scheme, the pad I got with the console has a less than ideal A button (If I hit it lightly there is a chance it doesn't register it), cba to take it back to John Lewis which would mean returning the whole console, so I thought I get another and relegate that pad to spare.

Soldato
Flight simulator just fully installed for me. I still can't play it but the download is out of the way.

Same, 97.5gb I think, odd that I had the game added to my games and apps but not pre installed until recently. But I have no idea how it installed as I have my series x in energy save mode, yet turned it on this morning and the game is installed.
Same with system updates, I guess certain things install in the background be it energy save or instant on.

Soldato

I've got both and the DualSense is miles better in my opinion, the weight is perfect, feels much better built and the buttons and d-pad are significantly better.

But I do love Game Pass and would like to use my Series X more, currently I'm playing more cross gen on the PS5, am hoping the next Elite controller is good so I don't have to get a third party controller.

Man of Honour
Same, 97.5gb I think, odd that I had the game added to my games and apps but not pre installed until recently. But I have no idea how it installed as I have my series x in energy save mode, yet turned it on this morning and the game is installed.
Same with system updates, I guess certain things install in the background be it energy save or instant on.

I’ve had that happen before too. I’ve got Flight Simulator and The Ascent as preloaded as they’ll let me. Still loads of space left.

Soldato
The controller is the biggest disappointment for me, I don't like the textured back and I've never had a d-pad that is so loud. Going to look for a decent third party alternative.

Glad I am not the only one on here who noticed the dpad.

If you find a good 3rd party, please let us know on here thanks.

Soldato
Glad I am not the only one on here who noticed the dpad.

If you find a good 3rd party, please let us know on here thanks.

I had a look yesterday and couldn't find much, there are a bunch of wired Power A ones but they look cheap plus I want wireless.

Nacon have the Pro Compact but might be too small and is again wired... Nacon are also releasing the Revolution X later this year which might be an option.

For now I'm using my Xbox One S controller, not perfect but better than the SX controller and I don't really need the share button.

Soldato
I had a look yesterday and couldn't find much, there are a bunch of wired Power A ones but they look cheap plus I want wireless.

Nacon have the Pro Compact but might be too small and is again wired... Nacon are also releasing the Revolution X later this year which might be an option.

For now I'm using my Xbox One S controller, not perfect but better than the SX controller and I don't really need the share button.

I still need to check if 360 controllers work, if they do I guess its solved. Just wont have a share button though.

Soldato
I’ve had that happen before too. I’ve got Flight Simulator and The Ascent as preloaded as they’ll let me. Still loads of space left.

I've since heard that MS added a feature to energy save mode, where it checks for updates every 24hrs, providing you have "automatically install updates" checked in the settings.
Pretty cool that.

Associate
Got all excited yesterday, flight sim fully downloaded and starts to load up when you click the app, was convinced it was going to get to the menu screen, but eventually gets to the screen saying come back on the 27th.....will have to remain patient lol.

Soldato
Got all excited yesterday, flight sim fully downloaded and starts to load up when you click the app, was convinced it was going to get to the menu screen, but eventually gets to the screen saying come back on the 27th.....will have to remain patient lol.

Same, why a Tuesday! That has to be the worst release day for new games. Would have loved to play this at the weekend.

Soldato
Same, why a Tuesday! That has to be the worst release day for new games. Would have loved to play this at the weekend.

Because that's when games normally get released in the US I believe? You're lucky it's a global release or you would have had to wait until next Friday for the UK release.

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolutely loving the XS; completed Gears 4 and halfway through 5. Also checked out Ori and wow does this game pop on an LG CX running at 120Hz. Possibly the most vividly colourful thing I've seen so far, but parked it to play and complete Blind Forest first.

I also purchased an Elite 2 controller and I have to say it certainly feels premium, heavy and solid. An impulse buy for the back paddles for custom, trim, rudder controls on Flight Simulator. I'm proper glad I jumped on the game pass bandwagon.

PS5 has not had a look-in for a week but that's OK; it can keep for HFW :)

Back
Top Bottom