** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Thanks for the tip.

I checked and it is currently off with me and when turning it on, it did make the everything darker and when turning it back up in brightness, it does seem to be closer together between them. However with it on, it all looks quite dull / washed out and not that good, not sure if that is the reason it is closer together rather than trying to resolve the difference in brightness. Any other thoughts?

I originally had gsync off, set colour to srgb, enable vsync, in the menu and nvidia control panel. Black equalizer 13, brightness what ever you think best, local dimming on, vrr on but don't think this really matters. Device install from here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LC32G75TQSUXEN/ this allows the colour profile in the monitor settings. And HDR off, in game seems ok but windows is trash with hdr. My room is fairly dark so have brightness at 50-60%

Associate
I have to say, I must be in the minority, but I have mine in HDR mode all the time and everything looks absolutely fine to me, apart from the silly local dimming.
I did follow a few guides to do with colour profiles and I carefully adjusted the inbuilt HDR brightness slider, but I leave HDR on all the time. I think it's got better since release, in terms of Windows updates and driver updates etc.

In some respects I found the colours in the default SDR mode to be slightly oversaturated, although they did 'pop', a bit like some OLEDs.

Associate
Looks like I spoke too soon, I've started having popping sounds even on the 55w model. I guess Samsung never really addressed the issue. I wonder if the new G9 Neo would have similar issue since the frame looks aesthetically the same.

It even pops at 40% brightness.

Associate
I originally had gsync off, set colour to srgb, enable vsync, in the menu and nvidia control panel. Black equalizer 13, brightness what ever you think best, local dimming on, vrr on but don't think this really matters. Device install from here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/LC32G75TQSUXEN/ this allows the colour profile in the monitor settings. And HDR off, in game seems ok but windows is trash with hdr. My room is fairly dark so have brightness at 50-60%

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this. It was the local dimming setting to on that made the big difference. I had tried auto and off but not on and now they are much closer to each other, thanks!

Associate
Just wanted to say a big thank you for this. It was the local dimming setting to on that made the big difference. I had tried auto and off but not on and now they are much closer to each other, thanks!
Glad it helped :) it's a great monitor, compared to my old 40" 4k 60hz one, the colours are so much better and the high refresh makes an amazing difference

Associate
Is anyone seriously considering purchasing the neo g9 if it's £2k+?

I would buy one if it was the same price as the current model.. c£1k and if it didn't have any QC issues. I wonder how many dimming zones it will have? If it's just 10 like the old model, then HDR will look like crap still.

Edit: meant to have 2048 dimming zones. Ok... This sounds amazing on paper. Bet it'll sell out really quickly. It's a shame Samsung didn't add mini led with fald to the other monitors eg g7

Associate
It will probs be an epic monitor, building on the already epic current G9, but yes the panel lottery is still alive and well in the year 2021, and at that price people will definitely be looking for perfection!

Associate
The popping eventually goes away if you own one for 6+ months

Hopefully, I've been testing it the past few days and it seems the popping isn't as bad the first time I heard it. Perhaps its settling down a bit more and I'm getting a lot less of it now unless I start fiddling around with the brightness. I wonder if the current summer heat the last 2 days attributed to it.

Associate
cant make my mind up for the current G9 refresh (£889) or the Alienware 38in (£1169). dont think my Area 51M R2 with 2080 super and 10900k will run the G9 very well in high end games like division 2 , F1 2021 .even if its is a desktop laptop . I do like the PIP on the samsung as can play my usual football manager and watch netlfix at the same tme and other stuff .

Associate
cant make my mind up for the current G9 refresh (£889) or the Alienware 38in (£1169). dont think my Area 51M R2 with 2080 super and 10900k will run the G9 very well in high end games like division 2 , F1 2021 .even if its is a desktop laptop . I do like the PIP on the samsung as can play my usual football manager and watch netlfix at the same tme and other stuff .

I bought both but the G9 arrived a couple of days before the AW38, the AW38 is awesome but once I'd experienced a couple of games on the G9 there was no going back.

Literally. My jaw dropped. It's amazing.

Sent the AW back, their collection and return policy worked really well.

Associate
Hi ya!
I'm thinking to purchase an G7. 32"
What i should check / double check when got it, to be sure its ok?
Is there any better recommendation for gaming (warzone / Age of Empire / Red Dead Redemption 2 / Total War -Saga Troy)?
Cheers!

Associate
I have still been planning to get a G9 - I have been completing a new PC - and now it looks like if I can tolerate the price I could get the Neo instead. But I remain concerned about dead pixels and the fact that according to the "standard" that Samsung follows they can get away with refusing to accept return for quite a lot of dead pixels on a monitor of this size. Does anyone have any experience of buying from Samsung direct and then trying to return a faulty monitor? Would folks advise that I wait until the monitor is available from distributors instead?

Associate
I have still been planning to get a G9 - I have been completing a new PC - and now it looks like if I can tolerate the price I could get the Neo instead. But I remain concerned about dead pixels and the fact that according to the "standard" that Samsung follows they can get away with refusing to accept return for quite a lot of dead pixels on a monitor of this size. Does anyone have any experience of buying from Samsung direct and then trying to return a faulty monitor? Would folks advise that I wait until the monitor is available from distributors instead?

If you buy direct you can return for any reason within 28 days.
They will just collect it and send a replacement, if that's what you ask for.
They will need a few working days before they ship the replacement though.

Associate
Well in spite of Samsung hiding the option, I went ahead and pre-ordered a Neo G9. I hope that they haven't introduced new problems along with the new feature(s) and that they have learned from their previous mistakes and will QA this new production better.

Last edited:
Associate
Well in spite of Samsung hiding the option, I went ahead and pre-ordered a Neo G9. I hope that they haven't introduced new problems along with the new feature(s) and that they have learned from their previous mistakes and will QA this new production better.

Let us know!! Enjoy it. Had the g9 and it was cool.

Soldato
Hey guys, just got a G7 32" today as my CX was killing my eyes and giving me headaches! Running this on a 3080 via DP cable, can someone recommend some good settings for this? I've got VRR enabled, all of the local dimming and dynamic contrast off, what do people use for picture mode settings? Many thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom