• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
I've not had a PlayStation console for a while now, anyone recommend some games to try first?
Last things I can recall playing was Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Uncharted 4 - I usually like third person action/platformer games on consoles.

Associate
This is like the 5th PS5 I could have had over the past three weeks - had I been the scalping kind, that could easily have been £750 profit (or more importantly, my PS5 for free!).
I tell ya - if you're in the UK and still saying "scalpers are getting them all" or "I just can't get one" - you aren't trying.
Not everyone lives on the internet. I've been trying for 9 months and today is the first time I've actually managed to get one and it was purely by chance that I was looking at Digital Foundry twitter.

Soldato
Not everyone lives on the internet. I've been trying for 9 months and today is the first time I've actually managed to get one and it was purely by chance that I was looking at Digital Foundry twitter.
I don't live on the internet - I just happen to have the Hotstock app installed and that app alone secured me the consoles I wanted for relatives. It's a bit of a game now, I see the alert and attempt to get to the site before the item sells out - see "if" I could buy one if I wanted and in most cases I could.
Over the past 4 weeks there have been a shed load of these consoles available in the UK.

Soldato
I don't live on the internet - I just happen to have the Hotstock app installed and that app alone secured me the consoles I wanted for relatives. It's a bit of a game now, I see the alert and attempt to get to the site before the item sells out - see "if" I could buy one if I wanted and in most cases I could.
Over the past 4 weeks there have been a shed load of these consoles available in the UK.
i work from home so i am in front of the pc all day mate working and chekcing stock alerts and always forward it to mates.

Manged to help a friend in this very same forum here

Soldato
I've not had a PlayStation console for a while now, anyone recommend some games to try first?
Last things I can recall playing was Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Uncharted 4 - I usually like third person action/platformer games on consoles.
Maybe the Spidey games if you haven't played them yet? Ghost of Tsushima was generally well received too, as was Demon's Souls.

Soldato
Personally I think this is the first week when the PS5 has been freely available for long periods (even using hotstock or equivelant app)

a lot of people cant just drop everything the moment an alert comes in - or otherwise its the bundle / price of this thats a major turn off

I saw a few resident evil bundles for ~£650 or so (including another controller and other games) but even allowing for such the price just didnt seem justifiable even without considering I didnt want RE at all, even without considering I would probably loose money and go through hassle flogging the game on here as soon as I got it - sometimes its just not worth it even when you find somewhere in stock

Associate
managed to get one from EE with free extra controller delivered today cant wait to play some exclusives after being xbox and pc only for what seems an age

Caporegime
Normally you don't have to "try really hard" just to buy something. It may be a game to you, but to most people it's a pain in the ass.

People have got many better things to do, tbh. That you've still got the app and you're still checking indicates a few things, one of them being that it certainly wasn't easy for a long time, hence checking the app has now become a kind of oddly compulsive behaviour for you.

I don't think any of it is indicative of a healthy situation, for consumers, retailers or anyone.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It might do but due to the silicon shortage I doubt it. If you want to wait for one that is smaller, I can understand but it won't be quieter, it's already silent.
Will see how it goes. It all depends on exclusives. But right now I just do not feel in a rush at all based on what is out and what will be out in the next 2 years.

Soldato
Normally you don't have to "try really hard" just to buy something. It may be a game to you, but to most people it's a pain in the ass.

People have got many better things to do, tbh. That you've still got the app and you're still checking indicates a few things, one of them being that it certainly wasn't easy for a long time, hence checking the app has now become a kind of oddly compulsive behaviour for you.

I don't think any of it is indicative of a healthy situation, for consumers, retailers or anyone.

I don't constantly check the app - really, stop trying to make something sound like it isn't.
I'm in my office at work, my phone throws up an alert - I glance at my phone, notice the Hotstock app has alerted - I tap it and I'm there with a PS5 in my basket.
No, you're right, it hasn't been easy for a long time.
But the PS5 is the fastest PlayStation ever to reach 10m units - which indicates that there is stock out there.

The issue is people want it to be simple to purchase - wouldn't we all eh?
However, a global pandemic and worldwide chip shortage has made it so that isn't the case. Everyone knew that supply would not be able to meet demand for this console.
Yet, over the past 4 weeks a major UK retailer has had three batches of stock, some of the larger retailers have had two batches of stock and every retailer has had at least one. In those 4 weeks doing nothing more than sometimes glancing at my phone when there is an alert and tapping on said alert - I could have owned 5 PS5's.

I stick to my comment - if you want a PS5 (and maybe those people who aren't at least putting in a bit of effort really aren't that bothered about owning one) then there is stock available.
Seems people want the console to drop into their lap - maybe this time next year we'll be in that situation. An alert to phone where you click on the alert is pretty damn close to it falling into your lap.

Caporegime
I didn't sub to any alert, no apps, don't look at Twitter, I only check this forum from time to time and someone kindly offered me a VIP code for Curry's.

This thread throws up enough "alerts" by members every week I think, most of the time the website crashed when i tried but i still got one without any alert apps.

Back
Top Bottom