The junk food thread, what's your guilty pleasure?

Its going on the shopping list! Mate did a burns night the other year with haggis neaps and tatties. I'm a big fan but forgot all about it.

And you're right about the pigs. Didn't realise I'd get so attached to them however
I recommend making sure you get Mac Sweeneys as they are the best!

Awwww, I don't blame you for getting attached as they are such beautiful and intelligent animals but they're just so tasty!!

Associate
Followed by?

Yes, I can't stop myself from eating the box of doughnuts while the Ribs are cooking.

game-of-thrones-shame.gif

Associate
Snickers... I have given up sugar in tea and most sweet things but Snickers.... I even ask Mrs to buy supermarket versions so I get smaller bars but she knows I really want the full size and buys a catering box at Costco.....

Soldato
Snickers... I have given up sugar in tea and most sweet things but Snickers.... I even ask Mrs to buy supermarket versions so I get smaller bars but she knows I really want the full size and buys a catering box at Costco.....

You can at least feel better about it by knowing that they've reduced in size a lot over the years due to shrinkflation :p

Associate
You can at least feel better about it by knowing that they've reduced in size a lot over the years due to shrinkflation :p

And probably they reduced the peanut content and increased the sugar too :( Its harder to keep calories off as you get older.... At 20 I could eat anything and never put weight on....

Associate
One a day??!! :eek: You really do love them!!

I think I'd be the size of a beached whale if I did that!!

I only have to look at food and I feel it piling on! Lol! :cry:

My single piece of toast at lunch is my compensation.... :(

One could easily eat a Snickers a day and put on weight, as long as it was within one's daily calorific allowance.

Doesnt make sense.. you mean NOT put on weight OR you mean "over one's daily calorific...." ??

Soldato
I do wonder how much actually gets absorbed if you eat so much in a single sitting - like that sort of thing might well upset the old bowels - he might well have technically consumed XX,XXX calories but in reality, he's not going to be able to absorb it all when eaten in one go like that, lots of it is just going to pass through. It's still a high-calorie meal but it's not the same as spreading those calories across a whole week. Secondly, sometimes competitive eaters will take laxatives or go and vomit after a challenge so it becomes almost completely moot.

I've often raised this thought with people but no one has ever really taken me up on a conversation on it, presumably because no-one has a clue. I wonder what the limit is where you can no longer absorb the calories from food so in effect it's "free food", and therefore having one huge cheat meal a week would actually be better from a diet point of view vs regular eating of junk food.

My single piece of toast at lunch is my compensation.... :(

Doesnt make sense.. you mean NOT put on weight OR you mean "over one's daily calorific...." ??
Yeah you do need to be strict with yourself to compensate but I'm guessing it gives you a handy huge burst of temporary energy?

I recently bought some scales which measure your BMI and a few other things and it's really interesting.

Not sure how accurate it is but it's my new toy and encouraging me to not give into a once a week binge of cake!! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom