• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I found an OCUK scalper...

Associate
Hey guys, found a guy on a well know social platform selling gpus at around +50% inflated ocuk prices in my area.
Guy was stupid enough to post pics with OcUK tape all over the boxes

Has 3060's for £550
3060ti for £650

So... Question is, do I name and shame? Not usually a grass but scalpers are scum

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Hey guys, found a guy on a well know social platform selling gpus at around +50% inflated ocuk prices in my area.

Has 3060's for £550
3060ti for £650

So... Question is, do I name and shame? Not usually a grass but scalpers are scum
Do you know his/her forum name?

If they aren't from the "members only" deals then ocuk prob won't be bothered. If they are, then post here https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/community/forum-content-discussion.164/

Associate
OP
Hmmmm... Well can't be assed going though all those to find out if they were.

So ocuk are fine with scalpers if you buy from main site? The prices they were in stock at right now I guess are just normal prices when theyre in stock?

Soldato

Has 3060's for £550
3060ti for £650

I would just straight out name and shame, no hesitation at all. If they get hate then they deserve it in my eyes. If you want to play that game then you have to expect it.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Do they also get a 7am delivery from Sainsbury's on a Saturday? If so then it is beyond just 'name & shame' straight on to the Police!

:cry:

If they are stupid enough to be sloppy with OcUK tape etc then do what you need to do. I would assume it would warrant enough attention for mods to be able to have them on the watch list and if they deem it scalper central then they can wade in.

Soldato
Just pass their name/details on to OcUK. If they want to do anything about it then they can. I know the place that sells the Founders Edition cards has been banning people who were stupid enough to leave their receipts or other details in Ebay listings, etc. Good job too.

Associate
OP
I would just straight out name and shame, no hesitation at all. If they get hate then they deserve it in my eyes. If you want to play that game then you have to expect it.

Main hesitation is because I know how strict these forums are. I listed a 1080 for what I thought was a half descent price (was a good deal cheaper than what was on auction site) and got banned from mm for profiteering (it was about 20 quid more than what I paid for it IIRC, so a loss after postage).

I was accused of scalping and yeah it indeed feels bad... Esp after community here is so awesome. And rightly so I guess.

Guessing I can't post a pic here or name the marketplace either?

Soldato
Main hesitation is because I know how strict these forums are. I listed a 1080 for what I thought was a half descent price (was a good deal cheaper than what was on auction site) and got banned from mm for profiteering (it was about 20 quid more than what I paid for it IIRC, so a loss after postage).

I was accused of scalping and yeah it indeed feels bad... Esp after community here is so awesome. And rightly so I guess.

Guessing I can't post a pic here or name the marketplace either?
Are you sure that's exactly what happened here? The mods here are very fair in my eyes

Soldato
I guess it's fine as long as it doesn't turn into a witch hunt, which the mods are going to take a very dim view of. Whether it will or not is down to your judgement.

Transmission breaker
Don

Has 3060's for £550
3060ti for £650

DO not name and shame on the forums. Contact the shop, and they can decide what action to take (if any!)

Associate
TBH I don't think the latest 3060 and 3060ti deals had rules put in place about reselling like some of the previous forum deals deals did. So I think its a case of the buyer being able to do with their property as they want. However, if it is a forum member who moans about supply/prices/scalpers then I would consider them a hypocrite. The other side of the coin is that if people stopped buying from scalpers then there wouldn't be this issue. (Although in the interest of honesty I will admit to buying my 6800 from the second hand shop for £200 less than they paid for it and with vouchers I had for trading unwanted stuff in, so effectively my card cost me no cash)

Soldato
I'm not in the least surprised. I saw several 6600XT's on an auction site which looked suspiciously like the ones from OCUK.

I'd be deeply disappointed if some of the popular forum members who we all love and respect are doing this.

Back
Top Bottom