Top Gun: Maverick

Soldato
This wee thing called Covid happened in the interim. :o

The film was finished and ready for a Summer 2020 release, they then bumped it to Xmas due to Corona so bumping again says to me that the studio don't believe that we will return to "normal" until next year at the earliest.

Caporegime
The film was finished and ready for a Summer 2020 release, they then bumped it to Xmas due to Corona so bumping again says to me that the studio don't believe that we will return to "normal" until next year at the earliest.

Plenty of movies have been bumped to next year, Ghostbusters, Halloween and others. And if this second wave hits for all we know it'll be even longer .:(

Soldato
Then the pirates would have a high quality version of it to distribute immediately rather than months down the line, which would presumably affect box office.

60m+ subscribers to Disney+ and they also selling the film on other streaming platforms (google, apple, roku) they are going to coin it. Kids desperate for content, parents will pay.

Think about the amount they will save on the whole marketing circus.

Soldato
60m+ subscribers to Disney+ and they also selling the film on other streaming platforms (google, apple, roku) they are going to coin it. Kids desperate for content, parents will pay.

Think about the amount they will save on the whole marketing circus.
Will be interesting to see the numbers on Mulan, I suspect a lot of studios will be watching this very closely as will the cinema chains both hoping for different outcomes!

Back
Top Bottom