Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Man of Honour
I’m sure you can order £20 or more and get free delivery anyway.

but that means you've always got to try and buy things that add over £20.
Out of 42x purchases this last 3 months, only two have been over £20 where all the other stuff was needed now and I wasn't willing to wait until I wanted other stuff to make it over £20.
Before I got Prime I was ending up with stuff I didn't really want or paying a lot of P&P.

Soldato
Out of 42x purchases this last 3 months, only two have been over £20 where all the other stuff was needed now and I wasn't willing to wait until I wanted other stuff to make it over £20.
Before I got Prime I was ending up with stuff I didn't really want or paying a lot of P&P.

Or just buy them somewhere else amazon isn't the be all and end all of online shopping I've done just that lately for the same price and without the £20-or-above restriction.

Man of Honour
Or just buy them somewhere else amazon isn't the be all and end all of online shopping I've done just that lately for the same price and without the £20-or-above restriction.

Do you think I don't look at alternatives even now when I have Prime, I'm a tight ass and if I can get it cheaper I will?
I came late into Prime about two years ago and it's been amazing.
My Mrs uses it for music & TV so it's worth every penny at £6.50/month.

Soldato

And don't forget that, to take advantage of that deal, all the items in an order need to qualify for the 'free delivery over £20' too.

Soldato
You guys don't have to justify your Prime membership. If it works for you, great. I personally don't think it's worth the cost, but that's because I don't give a toot about anything but free delivery. Don't care about Prime Video, Kindle, Music, Photos, and definitely not Deliveroo! :p

I still think Amazon Logistics are utterly **** though. Almost always come very late afternoon/evening and occasionally not at all. Not to mention the fact that the last two times they've delivered, they've delivered my parcel to my neighbour and their parcel to me. Is it really that difficult to read a house number?!!

Soldato
Why does it say "Order within 5 hours 24 mins for delivery by tomorrow" for it to change to delivery by <insert different date> if you come back later but before the 5 hour & 24 mins are up? :confused:

Caporegime
Why does it say "Order within 5 hours 24 mins for delivery by tomorrow" for it to change to delivery by <insert different date> if you come back later but before the 5 hour & 24 mins are up? :confused:

Place an Order with Guaranteed Delivery

5. Place your order before the "order within" countdown displayed on the checkout page. The "order within" countdown timer provides the window of time in which you must place the order to receive your delivery by the date shown. That delivery date may become unavailable within that window because of changes in inventory or delivery capacity before you place your order. We'll state your confirmed delivery date in your order confirmation email. Contact us if you have any concerns.

Soldato
This has just happened on 3 items in my basket all in under 30 minutes. In that 30 minutes someone else has not only purchased the same items, but they are also local to me and are being served from the same depot. :rolleyes:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I purchased 3x UniFi access points to replace my existing units. Decided to send them back and buy them cheaper elsewhere…. Except I didn’t get refunded.

A week went by and I hadn’t received a refund, so I fired up the online chat. The agent was quick to tell me that they’d received the item at the returns department but they wouldn’t offer a refund (£537).

When I asked why… it was because I’d returned the “wrong item”. I asked wtf they were talking about but the agent refused to help me, simply saying that until I returned the correct item they’d not be refunding me. Of course, I asked for it to be escalated.

Long story, short; they claimed I’d sent back a “massage gun” and repeated the same line about returning the correct item. They also informed me that this wasn’t the first time that I’d done this :confused:

Thankfully this time they left instructions on how I could escalate this… to which I did. A week went by whilst the new person “investigated”.

I then get an email saying that the email they sent was all one big misunderstanding and that they’d be refunding me. I replied asking for an apology which went completely unnoticed.

It’s soured my experience of them tbh.

Soldato
I purchased 3x UniFi access points to replace my existing units. Decided to send them back and buy them cheaper elsewhere…. Except I didn’t get refunded.

A week went by and I hadn’t received a refund, so I fired up the online chat. The agent was quick to tell me that they’d received the item at the returns department but they wouldn’t offer a refund (£537).

When I asked why… it was because I’d returned the “wrong item”. I asked wtf they were talking about but the agent refused to help me, simply saying that until I returned the correct item they’d not be refunding me. Of course, I asked for it to be escalated.

Long story, short; they claimed I’d sent back a “massage gun” and repeated the same line about returning the correct item. They also informed me that this wasn’t the first time that I’d done this :confused:

Thankfully this time they left instructions on how I could escalate this… to which I did. A week went by whilst the new person “investigated”.

I then get an email saying that the email they sent was all one big misunderstanding and that they’d be refunding me. I replied asking for an apology which went completely unnoticed.

It’s soured my experience of them tbh.
You returned a used "massage gun"? :eek:

Had a similar experience when returning a faulty laptop earlier this year, took about 2 months to get my refund.

Back
Top Bottom