Car accident

Associate
That's my understanding too, i don't think an insurance company can get out of 3rd party liability just because the policy holder has failed to declare a medical condition. It'll likely be the case that they have to repair / pay out for the write off (looks like it'll be the latter in your case) and then sue the policyholder to reclaim the costs.

Either way, it's going to be squeaky bum time for the guy who crashed.

my uncle suffered a siezure while driving his motorbility car and hit a parked car (luckily empty) the insurance still payed out for the vehicle he hit and wrote his off he never drove again .

Soldato
When you say mobility vehicle, do you mean one of those electric scooters? If so how fast was the guy going to do that much damage I thought they only went at 12mph.

Associate
my uncle suffered a siezure while driving his motorbility car and hit a parked car (luckily empty) the insurance still payed out for the vehicle he hit and wrote his off he never drove again .

The issue will be whether the insurance was valid. Anyone could be medically well and potentially have a seizure driving (though thankfully rare) which is the first presentation of epilepsy/brain tumour/diabetes..etc. The insurance will cover this as it is unpredictable and exactly what insurance is design to cover for.

However if you were suffering blackouts and did not declare it, then insurance companies can declare your cover void and look to reclaim costs.

Soldato
Can’t really be diagnosed with anxiety IMO
it’s like being diagnosed with happy.
We all feel that way from time to time.

Anxiety came to my mind this morning passing a HGV in torrential rain on the M1.

Feeling anxious isn’t the same as anxiety.

Same with feeling depressed - it’s not the same as being depressed

As you say, many people feel anxious in different scenarios, but until you share a bed with someone who wakes up in the middle of the night with panic attacks, who has panic attacks during the day seemingly out of no where, please do not try and convince others it doesn’t exist.

Furthermore, it’s not something you can simply “distance yourself from”.

Until you experience it, or live with someone that has it, you, bluntly, haven’t got a scooby do what you’re talking about.

@OP - hope your car gets sorted :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys.

I was just miffed when his insurance told me liability may not be declared in the matter. Whats the point of insurance then? Why should i suffer because of that?

My insurance told me in all likelihood his insurance would realise that liability falls on them as they would have to cover the individual getting numerous tests etc etc....which may happen anyway!

I still 'think' he was in all probability on his mobile when he swerved into my car and the other next to me. I should have mentioned it to the copper. He could have searched his car. He just seemed to side with what the guy told him. He even gave him a lift home! Lol

Soldato
Until it comes to renewing....

Also, the representative said on the phone today that they waived my excess thank goodness..
Right, but the alternative is you pay to fix your own car. How much have you paid on insurance to-date and how much does this single repair cost? Do the maths and see if you still think it is poor value...

Soldato
OP
Right, but the alternative is you pay to fix your own car. How much have you paid on insurance to-date and how much does this single repair cost? Do the maths and see if you still think it is poor value...

I dont disagree with you at all. I just believe my insurance will go up yet again even though this accident was no fault of my own.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I dont disagree with you at all. I just believe my insurance will go up yet again even though this accident was no fault of my own.
Even if they admit liability, your insurance will still go up.

Man of Honour
Weirdly similar happened to a car in Sherborne couple of nights ago. I'm assuming it isn't your car though.

lRXlOHP.png

pSLTHtR.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I should have mentioned it to the copper. He could have searched his car. He just seemed to side with what the guy told him. He even gave him a lift home! Lol

Searched him for what? The Police act on evidence, unless you’ve got evidence that proves your thoughts?. Poor bloke just had a nasty crash, I’m glad the police were supporting him.

Man of Honour

Because it isn't about fault it's about risk and unfortunately you've demonstrated, through no fault of your own, that you keep your car somewhere where there is additional risk of damage.

This is the point people always miss when they question why being involved in a non-fault accident affects premiums.

Back
Top Bottom