Car accident

Soldato
I have just emailed my insurers to tell them about the Anxiety I’ve been diagnosed with, better to be safe than sorry.

Can’t really be diagnosed with anxiety IMO
it’s like being diagnosed with happy.
We all feel that way from time to time.

Anxiety came to my mind this morning passing a HGV in torrential rain on the M1.

Man of Honour
I don't mean this in a rude way but your opinion as to whether someone can be diagnosed with it or not doesn't really matter, the fact is they can be. Even if the diagnosis isn't made on sound grounds, it's still a medical diagnosis that can be passed on to the insurer.

Soldato
I don't mean this in a rude way but your opinion as to whether someone can be diagnosed with it or not doesn't really matter, the fact is they can be. Even if the diagnosis isn't made on sound grounds, it's still a medical diagnosis that can be passed on to the insurer.

Pigeon holed into mental illness.
well no anxiety doesn’t have to be a life long condition.
Identify the source and distance yourself from it.

Soldato
Pigeon holed into mental illness.
well no anxiety doesn’t have to be a life long condition.
Identify the source and distance yourself from it.

Telling someone with anxiety or depression to "just be happy" or "just get over it" is a bit like telling someone with a broken leg to "just walk properly".

If only it were that simple. That's why it's called mental illness. It's not quite the same as having a bit of a rough day, going home and having a couple of beers, and sleeping it off.

Soldato
?
Are you speaking from personal experience?
Why is it nonsense?

Pretty close to it. I've got a mate that suffers from it to a degree that he hasn't left his house in over five years.

Just turning round to him and saying" Just be happy and go outside" is top drawer idiocy. Would you tell someone with a spine condition to "just stand up straight"?

Are you suggesting there are people that never feel anxiety?

I'm sure most people do. They'll also feel anger, sadness and the rest of the spectrum of human emotions. Then again there's also sociopaths who show no signs of certain emotions.

So as I said - Nonsense.

Soldato
Telling someone with anxiety or depression to "just be happy" or "just get over it" is a bit like telling someone with a broken leg to "just walk properly".

If only it were that simple. That's why it's called mental illness. It's not quite the same as having a bit of a rough day, going home and having a couple of beers, and sleeping it off.

Yes I know.
It takes time but it’s not a life long condition.
There is usually a underlying reason for mental illness, once that has gone things can gradually improve.
You wouldn’t tell an insurance company you had a broken leg, you wouldn’t drive until you where feeling better.

Soldato
Pretty close to it. I've got a mate that suffers from it to a degree that he hasn't left his house in over five years.

Just turning round to him and saying" Just be happy and go outside" is top drawer idiocy.

I'm sure most people do. They'll also feel anger, sadness and the rest of the spectrum of human emotions. Then again there's also sociopaths who show no signs of certain emotions.

So as I said - Nonsense.

You have a mate eh?

don’t we all.
I’ve got a mate that’s a millionaire how about that!

Let’s talk about your personal experience.

Soldato
Yes I know.
It takes time but it’s not a life long condition.
There is usually a underlying reason for mental illness, once that has gone things can gradually improve.
You wouldn’t tell an insurance company you had a broken leg, you wouldn’t drive until you where feeling better.

Just be quiet. Please. There's little sign of a sensible interface between your brain and keyboard at the moment.

Soldato
You have a mate eh?

don’t we all.
I’ve got a mate that’s a millionaire how about that!

Let’s talk about your personal experience.

It is my personal experience, he's my friend. Do you not have any friends?

I'd offer you an introduction, but you'd likely say something dumb. There's a number of members on this forum who know him and will vouch.

Soldato
I’ve just been reading.
Even changing your job mid term can invalidate your insurance.
It's not that sever, of for instance it would have been an extra amount to cover the different job you can often just pay the extra there and then.
It's only under sever cases they would out right void the fully comp part of the policy, as said 3rd party they have to cover but can go after you and reclaim the costs.

Soldato
I can see that someone blacking out is not fit to hold a driving licence and if that was the case, their insurance should be voided but they should still have to pay up for any third party liability I would have thought.

That's my understanding too, i don't think an insurance company can get out of 3rd party liability just because the policy holder has failed to declare a medical condition. It'll likely be the case that they have to repair / pay out for the write off (looks like it'll be the latter in your case) and then sue the policyholder to reclaim the costs.

Either way, it's going to be squeaky bum time for the guy who crashed.

Back
Top Bottom