Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
anyone invested in Lucid motors? I dropped some cash onto it a few weeks and dispite the recent pullback its been doing well. First delivery of cars is in october and I really like the look of them plus they aren't chinese
I am, I am hoping for good things. It seems promising,

Caporegime
Discount buying time!

I don't get why there is so much weird sentiment on this forum, a lot of people seem to desire pretty much the opposite of what would be the most beneficial result. You want big drops during your (particularly early) accumulation stage of life, that way you can pile in when there is a discount and make your early retirement pot grow massively when the market reaches a new all time high, which it always does after every crash.

You talk like you have infinite access to liquid cash.
What you say is completely correct but I suspect like most people not everyone is so cash ready to buy. If nearly everything 80%90% you have is tied up then in reality..... It's just talk.
Good for anyone that has been sitting on money waiting for sure.

Just my terrible timing

Soldato
Anyone into/heard of Mode Global Holdings?

My mate has done the classic "go balls deep" into them with virtually all his savings. I've pointed out the excess risks etc so feel i've done my duty on that front, but it'd be interesting to get other peoples input on the actual company.

From what i can tell, they seem to be pushing some kind of disruptive banking model and taking on Visa/Mastercard which doesn't seem like the brightest of ideas. I'm curious if they've actually got something decent or if they're just trying to be different for the sake of doing something different.

Soldato
So whats going on with FB price dip is this a vote of conscience, I.e FB apparently said they are putting profit above everything or something along those lines. Are shareholders sending FB a message, giving them a slap on the wrists or are people just exercising their greed and fear and dumping their stock incase "everybody else" does?

I feel like a hedge fund manager who's sitting analysing every movement and event hoping for some crash so I can buy up and profit.

Soldato
So whats going on with FB price dip is this a vote of conscience, I.e FB apparently said they are putting profit above everything or something along those lines. Are shareholders sending FB a message, giving them a slap on the wrists or are people just exercising their greed and fear and dumping their stock incase "everybody else" does?

I feel like a hedge fund manager who's sitting analysing every movement and event hoping for some crash so I can buy up and profit.

Lol what? Have you been living under a rock the past 24 hours?

You clearly haven't been analysing every movement and event :cry:

Caporegime
I have a regular monthly allocated amount to invest for the next 20 years before my planned retirement date. I will also rebalance when stocks dip from my bond and other similar allocations to the now bargain stocks.

Surely this is how most people invest rather than timing the market with lump sums at random times.

Chances are you’re not more intelligent than the average investor (people always greatly overestimate their own intelligence), so it’s very unlikely that you can guess right twice for each exit and subsequent re-entry to the market to sell high and buy low. Having auto balancing between different asset classes removes any need to time the market, but it lets you buy the dips and sell the highs whenever the market forces skews your pre-defined allocation percentages.

Yeah i do get it, just from what i read originally, i interpreted it as you coming across as exactly what you described later as to not be the case... lol does that even make sense :p

Back
Top Bottom