• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is it 1 FE graphics card per year (per household), or 1 per Nvidia graphics card generation?

Soldato
I brought a RTX 3070 FE in February. Is it likely that I would be allowed to buy a more powerful Founders Edition graphics card next year, before 'Ampere Next' cards release? Or, is it more likely that I would need to wait until the end of 2022 to upgrade?

Last edited:
Soldato
I highly doubt it and I also hope not. There's plenty of people who haven't been able to buy an FE card yet. It wouldn't be fair if first time buyers started competing against second time buyers.

Nvidia introduced this rule to give everyone a chance to buy one.

I'm literally gaming on an 11 year old 2Gb 5850 graphics card because I haven't been lucky enough to buy an FE.

Soldato
OP
I think you will only get a FE card if you use telegram or similar to receive an alert when FE cards drop. There's a telegram channel that specifically sends alerts for FE cards sold in European countries.

Unfortunately, Nvidia doesn't produce anything like enough reference models to meet demand.

It's quite possible GPU shortages will continue until Nvidia and AMD's next gen cards are released - But I think the situation will be better by the end of 2022.

Soldato
I brought a RTX 3070 FE in February. Is it likely that I would be allowed to buy a more powerful Founders Edition graphics card next year, before 'Ampere Next' cards release? Or, is it more likely that I would need to wait until the end of 2022 to upgrade?

It's one 3000 series gpu AIB or FE.

Soldato
I highly highly doubt its one per year and if i wanted to know then they have a chat anyway so could find out in a few minutes

Soldato
OP
I highly doubt it and I also hope not. There's plenty of people who haven't been able to buy an FE card yet. It wouldn't be fair if first time buyers started competing against second time buyers.

Nvidia introduced this rule to give everyone a chance to buy one.

I'm literally gaming on an 11 year old 2Gb 5850 graphics card because I haven't been lucky enough to buy an FE.

What's your budget btw? I found a RTX 3060 TI (LHR) for ~£500, I could send you the link if you like.

Associate
It's one 3000 series gpu AIB or FE.

this is wrong, its one fe and a random amount of aibs, for example I have had 1 fe and cant buy anymore, I have had 3 aib cards though, all on the same account, the 3 were literally all bought in a 28 day period last month and were all 3060ti's.

Soldato
this is wrong, its one fe and a random amount of aibs, for example I have had 1 fe and cant buy anymore, I have had 3 aib cards though, all on the same account, the 3 were literally all bought in a 28 day period last month and were all 3060ti's.

interesting, very interesting. i myself thought it was 1 of each but i guess they want sales and that is the bottom line

Soldato

Removed the company name but you know it...

Zda29A1.jpg

If you message them via twitter or the site, they will tell you the same. The restrictions have not changed and 1 FE or AIB. Not sure how you got away with it.

Associate
Removed the company name but you know it...

Zda29A1.jpg
Still does not change the fact they have sent me 3 aibs though

how do I add a photo Ill show my account for the last 2 aibs if you dont believe me, 1 was a zotac 3060ti and a asus dual mini 3060ti

Last edited:
Soldato
interesting, very interesting. i myself thought it was 1 of each but i guess they want sales and that is the bottom line
How would they police this? AIB are sold by plenty of vendors and fairly easy to get. FE are only sold by one supplier in the UK so easy to check.

Soldato
My friend bought a 3080 msi suprim x on pre order from there, still was able to buy a 3060ti FE on the last drop.

I'm pretty sure I could use my neighbours WiFi and address for delivery with a different payment method / monzo virtual online card if I wanted to get another card on the next drop.

Soldato
OP
I don't think not buying will make any difference, because cards are selling quickly, even at double RRP in some cases.

In theory, the 2nd hand prices of cards should improve next year, if GPU mining loses it's appeal and owners start selling multiple cards in the thousands, so 2nd hand might provide the best value, overall.

Or, you could wait for the next gen, if you can't get an RTX 3000 FE card.

In raw GPU power, the Series S console is by far the best deal this year. Or, the digital version of the PS5, if you can find one at rrp, either console can easily handle 1080p gaming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom