*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Man of Honour
i would say 40+ kills on foot is very good. In my bf3 days if I got in the zone I could do 30+ but I'm a bit of a close range headless chicken and my reactions at 48 aren't what they were at 35

True that. My reactions have greatly reduced now with age, sometimes I see how quickly people react and I understand how much speed I've lost with age in the eye recognition > brain > hand movement chain :)

Luckily, with the exception of BF5 , my enjoyment hasnt dropped over the years and BF2042 is looking on target to continue that enjoyment

Man of Honour
Ok thanks, it does seem pretty strange that this close to release there is not much information.

Based on that and the fact that this beta is a bit of a mess I'm going to cancel my pre-order. I'll try it on EA-Play and if it's got the modes I want and it's improved from the Beta I'll buy it.

Thats a very wise decision , try before you buy is pretty much the way to go with games these days.

Man of Honour
I'll say this much, the AI bots are a bit OTT, I was literally just in a match where my team was me and 63 bots , I was the only human player on my team lol

Associate
i would say 40+ kills on foot is very good. In my bf3 days if I got in the zone I could do 30+ but I'm a bit of a close range headless chicken and my reactions at 48 aren't what they were at 35

Though FPS game have kept my reaction times outside of games pretty good...

in both bf1 and Bfv I would say 15-40 is about a normal round on foot very rarely venture into vehicles but every now and then you will get a round where you cant buy a kill

and do agree at 48 my reactions are not like they used to be

If I was still in my full CS source pomp and glory I would expect a lot more especialy at close range on public servers a 3-4 on 1 would normaly end in my favour

Ironically the last six months before I retired was my CS Zenith and all of it was on public servers and not one league or clan game outside of friendly scrums back on 1.6

Associate
Not really a surprise though is it, the cheaters are and always will be, more effective at breaking anticheat than anticheat is at stopping them. Whether there would be cheats was never the big question, there was always going to be especially on such a major title, its how EA reacts to the cheats that is the key. It would be the height of naivety to think there wouldnt be cheats at all.

EA have reacted to the cheats by disabling scoreboard, chat and global killfeed. It's a lot harder to see them, so everything is rosy.

Soldato
in both bf1 and Bfv I would say 15-40 is about a normal round on foot very rarely venture into vehicles but every now and then you will get a round where you cant buy a kill

and do agree at 48 my reactions are not like they used to be

If I was still in my full CS source pomp and glory I would expect a lot more especialy at close range on public servers a 3-4 on 1 would normaly end in my favour

Ironically the last six months before I retired was my CS Zenith and all of it was on public servers and not one league or clan game outside of friendly scrums back on 1.6

much better than me now mate, that would be an exceptional round for me now. I still have fun though. Anything over 1.00 is a win as far as I'm concerned

Soldato
OP
Impressions are as follows :

Person 1 - Its good, I'm enjoying it, looking forward to release, liking it more than BF1/V
Person 2 - Its terrible, literally the worst game in computing history
Person 3 - Its pretty good, got a few issues but the beta build is 3 months old so hopefully those will be addressed by release
Person 4 - Its basically a copy/paste of Warzone
Person 5 - Theres no scoreboard, how can I show off to people how awesome my k/d is
Person 6 - Is this the new Valheim expansion?
haha jesus christ

Caporegime

Here's my ride into the tornado last night, as you can see it's essentially an elevator you can parachute off. =/ Would probably look better with clustered vehicles etc geting snapped up by it, but the fact it doesn't kill players is a bit odd. Only sd currently but uploaded in 4k.

Associate
much better than me now mate, that would be an exceptional round for me now. I still have fun though. Anything over 1.00 is a win as far as I'm concerned

A good squad helps have a lot of people who I can squad with all slightly different but you learn there ways

Caporegime
The operatives are gash, bring back the classes. I wouldn't be surprised if half the players don't even realise you can change your loadout. Judging by the distinct lack of Anti-Air weapons being used and aircraft absolutely dominating it's pretty awful. The vehicles need a 20-25% cut in HP or the secondary guns on the vehicles need a buff. I was absolutely roasting an Apache using a Minigun and another time a .50Cal machine gun and the health was hardly budging but they had no issues turning on us and taking the tank down easily. Even a Little Bird which is not even armoured took an absolute age to take down with a Mingun when realistically even a three second, on target burst would have shredded it. Those things do at minimum 2,000 rounds per minute but can do up to 6,000. Even at it's lowest fire rate that's still 100 rounds on target which would have obliterated a little bird.

Boris's turret is gash too. I don't think I ever saw it shoot someone or even react to someone close by.

Soldato
For anyone running similar spec to me and who wants it running like a beast... do the following settings as I'm now in the 70 - 90fps with the average never going below 70 and it looks fantastic at 1440p. Set your RIS enabled setting to 80%... then go in game and do this:
Soup0Ya.jpg

MNSEefO.jpg

Q90N2OS.jpg

dXN4nL7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom