• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Associate
FSR UQ, the drop in quality is so small, but the 20+ FPS gained at 4k60 is significant.
On my 9900k/3080Ti it’s more like 10-12 fps at 4K on UQ. I am running into CPU bottlenecks at 4.8gz even at 4K so it seems you would be needing a 5900x to get huge gains from FSR.

Associate
Honestly this game is very clearly indicating that AMD paid off the studio to ensure it plays to their strengths and actively highlights NVIDIA’s weaknesses. Ray tracing is weak to ensure AMD cards don’t look bad and allow NVIDIA to pull ahead while at the same time bump up the texture resolution to pointlessly high levels so as to highlight the low VRAM of the NVIDIA cards. Very convenient of them to suggest 11GB VRAM, just 1GB more than the 3080.

It’s using 11GB on my 3080 Ti yet I am seeing low res textures in many spots and stuttering with the pack and perfect without it.

Associate
Honestly this game is very clearly indicating that AMD paid off the studio to ensure it plays to their strengths and actively highlights NVIDIA’s weaknesses. Ray tracing is weak to ensure AMD cards don’t look bad and allow NVIDIA to pull ahead while at the same time bump up the texture resolution to pointlessly high levels so as to highlight the low VRAM of the NVIDIA cards. Very convenient of them to suggest 11GB VRAM, just 1GB more than the 3080.

It’s using 11GB on my 3080 Ti yet I am seeing low res textures in many spots and stuttering with the pack and perfect without it.

why would it be convenient to suggest 1GB more than Nvidias turd tier GPU?

Associate

Even with HD textures and infinite VRAM, the game still looks terrible for a 2021 release. I was replaying HZD the other day and it's far superior.

Whether the VRAM usage is on purpose or just because it's poorly built, who knows. Very forgettable game; FC3 was much better.

Caporegime

Oh man, I've seen it all now. I honestly I think mankind is beyond salvation at this point. :D

There is so much wrong think here, honestly don't know where to begin.

Time for me to bow out of this thread and discussion for my own mental well being. :p

Caporegime
Do people not do this anyway as a matter of course?

I always do unless it is a MP/COOP game where it is much easier to invite/join friends etc.

But they most definitely do harm performance, origins in game one by far being the worst.

Yup it's really not rocket science, nvidia sponsor games play to their strengths and amds weaknesses and amd sponsor games to play to their strengths and nvidias weaknesses. That's companies for you at the end of the day, anyone who thinks otherwise really has no clue and clearly has not got any experience with the marketing/PR industry especially when you're talking about companies worth billions.....

If amd fans are having an issue with these kind statements then I guess we can also say that witcher 3, crysis 2, batman arkham games etc. etc. were ok in terms of graphical effects and not favouring a certain brands strengths and pointing out other brands weaknesses?

But in the case of FC 6, it just seems to be an issue with the game/engine as multiple reputable sites/users have now confirmed various game issues and ubi have also said they are looking into the issues so hopefully not too long until the performance and texture issues that various people are seeing is resolved soon.

e.g. just look at these comparisons and tell me this game doesn't have an issue :D

FC 6

Couple screenshots early on in the game

Far cry new dawn texture pack:

moqIsqt.jpg

OU2oI7Z.jpg

ZYDHiFo.jpg

ldQ8hNf.jpg

0ZJNdTm.jpg

nEywDIZ.jpg

I1usXUs.jpg

lU7QCfS.jpg

Associate
why would it be convenient to suggest 1GB more than Nvidias turd tier GPU?

Because AMD knows it’s the most popular card of this generation. MSRP to MSRP, it’s a superior product to the 6800XT apart from vram. The minimum VRAM suggest 11GB on Connect just 1gb more than the 3080 while the system requirements state 16GB, which is conveniently what the AMD flagships have.

It’s very similar to how Watch Dogs Legion and Cyberpunk require 10GB at 4K for their textures because they were sponsored by nvidia.

Even with HD textures and infinite VRAM, the game still looks terrible for a 2021 release. I was replaying HZD the other day and it's far superior.

Whether the VRAM usage is on purpose or just because it's poorly built, who knows. Very forgettable game; FC3 was much better.

I agree. It’s CPU optimisation is also terrible. My 3080 Ti and 9900k in many scenes are just relaxing at 80% and 30% usage respectively as a single thread is pushed to the limit while the vram shows 11GB being used with low res textures popping up here and there. A shoddy release which I have come to expect from Ubisoft.

Soldato
OP
The game is running very stable for me with no crashes on my 5900X, RTX 3080 and Asus TUF X570 Plus. What I do see are some game bugs that are quite annoying.

If I use the HD texture pack I have to enable FSR, or the performance tanks to single digits in some cases. But this is not a problem with FSR enabled and performance at 4K is always inside my Freesync range. The problem is that every time I start the game FSR is disabled again.

Sometimes the game loads with low res textures if HD textures are enabled. Even if FSR is on this happens.
High textures have no such issues.

Yep these issues are something digital foundry had on their 3080 as well

they said generally the game runs smoother on Nvidia, the frametime graph on AMD cards are more spikey and unstable. But the 3080 has issues with the texture pack, in some places the framerate will tank and in other places the framerate will be solid but the textures won't load.

Associate
Yep these issues are something digital foundry had on their 3080 as well

they said generally the game runs smoother on Nvidia, the frametime graph on AMD cards are more spikey and unstable. But the 3080 has issues with the texture pack, in some places the framerate will tank and in other places the framerate will be solid but the textures won't load.

It’s running smoother on nvidia because it’s loading extremely low resolution textures in many scenes before the card runs out of vram. The AMD card continues to load the higher resolution textures causing more stuttering. Just a guess.

Associate
3080ti

conversation might have been relevant a year ago when the 3080 was the "flagship"
The 3080 Ti is the flagship GPU. Says so right in NVIDIA’s marketing. The 3090 is a joke of a gpu which should never have existed with that ludicrous 24GB of VRAM which is pointless for gaming.

Associate
exactly the point I made......
well actually the point I made was that the 3080 was not the flagship and that it's irrelevant.
I never once heard anyone moan about the performance of the 2080 or 1080 over the years.

3080 irrelevant? That is some serious trolling, plenty of people moaned about the 2080ti performance not being that big compared to the 1080ti back then (well every Turing card really)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
It’s running smoother on nvidia because it’s loading extremely low resolution textures in many scenes before the card runs out of vram. The AMD card continues to load the higher resolution textures causing more stuttering. Just a guess.

Doesn’t add up as I’ve not experienced any stuttering at all on my 3090FE, and that’s using the HD textures.

Back
Top Bottom