Poll: *** The official 2021 iPad Pro thread (it has the M1 chip and everything!) ***

The new M1 iPad Pro - Are you getting one?

• Total voters

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
MM? I suspect I’m not able to see said section.

Is there that much of a real life difference between the 4th and 5 gen?

Yea MM has access criteria.

The difference between 4th and 5th? For majority of people nothing really tangible. The screen is mini LED on 5th but that comes with potential blooming issues. The M1 chip in the 5th is pretty wasted, the A12Z was already a beast.

The 5th with LTE and Apple Pencil will cost £1250 vs £750 for a used 4th with a pencil. £500 is no small change.

Soldato
Well, I was in apple store today.

I couldn’t resist, picked up a M1 iPad 12.9 and then walked across to JL and picked up the keyboard.

My word this thing is beautiful and a massive upgrade from my 10.5 pro from a few years back.

Soldato
I just Ordered a 12.9 M1 512GB with cellular (was going buy the 256GB version but that one was sold out ) .
Also ordered the apple MK & gen2 Pencil to go with it and a cheap slim cover for using when it not on the MK

This is going be the first ipad i ever owned :o was very hard to choose which storage size & screen size to go for when i have never owned one before...

If i do end up using it a lot then i may also buy a cheaper 10.9 air or 11" pro as well

Last edited:
Soldato
I just Ordered a 12.9 M1 512GB with cellular (was going buy the 256GB version but that one was sold out ) .
Also ordered the apple MK & gen2 Pencil to go with it and a cheap slim cover for using when it not on the MK

This is going be the first ipad i ever owned :o
You’re in for a treat then - its an amazing bit of kit, especially with the keyboard. I have the same setup (but 256gb version) and wouldn’t be without it!

Soldato
Not gonna lie - with the keyboard permanently attached it is a very heavy combination but it needs to be else the whole thing would topple over. I’m sure you’ll get used to it
Am planning on mainly only using it in the MK around the house and putting it in a slim lightweight case if i take it out anywhere

But this plan may totally change after i have actually received it :D

This is the slim case i bought
ZtotopCases Case for New iPad Pro 12.9 2021/2020(5th 4th Generation), Ultra Slim Strong Magnetic Back, Trifold Stand Protective Cover Case for iPad Pro 12.9 inch, with Auto Wake/Sleep, Black : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Soldato
Mine is basically always in the MK.

I had plans to use it without but it’s never happened. It’s just easier.

I’d highly recommend getting a skin for it because they get grubby real quick.

Soldato
Mine is basically always in the MK.

I had plans to use it without but it’s never happened. It’s just easier.

I’d highly recommend getting a skin for it because they get grubby real quick.
Thanks

I received my ipad & MK today (haven't received the pencil yet, maybe tomorrow)

One thing am struck with when using the MK is that if am watching a youtube video is it possible to go back to the youtube search option by using just the keyboard as i can figure out how :confused:
Edit: I just figured out how to do it :o (press down the track pad and swipe down)

Soldato
I have had this for a few weeks now and seem to have a problem I can’t solve can anyone point me in the right direction, I had an 11” 2020 pro and had no problems playing YouTube without any buffering at all on my 200mb BB line, with the 12.8” 2021 pro I can’t get through any YouTube video without it freezing and buffering It can be a 5 min video or a 1 hour video it doesn’t matter and will freeze or buffer. I can’t work it out at all, speed tests max out my connection so there is nothing wrong with my wifi, it’s like the IPad just stops downloading the video and forgets to start again

Soldato
I never liked the iPadOS version of the YouTube app, there are so many features missing it almost seems like a third party knock-off - compared to the iOS and Android versions anyway.
The only reason I persist with it is because the Safari experience with YouTube is worse still.

Chrome is probably the best way to watch on iPad but I’m not keen on downloading a browser (especially one as heavy as chrome) just to watch YouTube.

Soldato
One thing that annoys me about YouTube on safari is that you can’t or at least i can’t control the volume within the window itself. I too hate the app even more, so just grim and bare it in safari.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The 2 sizes of ipad pro, do they use the same magic keyboard, and is it really £280?
seems really dear for a keyboard, or have i missed something?

You would need to buy the correct size magic keyboard, either 11" or 12.9". The 12.9" you do have the option to use the previous version (designed for the 2020) which can be had cheaper and still fits 2021. You don't have this option for the 11".
The 12.9" magic keyboard can be had for £165 - https://www.johnlewis.com/apple-magic-keyboard-for-12-9-inch-ipad-pro/p5003675

Back
Top Bottom