BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I also feel like I'm getting slowly used to the new grill and don't think it looks particularly bad on the M versions now. I thought they were a hideous when I first saw them!

Soldato
Seem a few 4’s in the road and have to admit they do look much nicer in the flesh.

On another note, my f30 is flagging up a service, have read here to ring around to get the best price, does this still work? Had it last serviced in Luton and have to say their level of CS was much better than that I experienced at my local dealer but Luton is t nearby for me.

Caporegime
So a bracket had come loose on the new exhaust (apparently bolts just needed re-tensioning), but when I took it into BMW they had no courtesy cars. The parts manager who had sorted the install out in the first place did offer me the keys to one of the demonstrators though as I didn't have the time to hang around!

G82 M4 xDrive, ~504bhp, official 0-60 in 3.4 (apparently actually ~3.0 in reality). Annoyingly only 150 miles on the clock so couldn't take it over 5k rpm, but I took this home at lunchtime and brought it back at 5pm. Frustratingly busy afternoon at work so i couldn't just spend the afternoon out in it, but did clock off at 4pm and managed ~60 miles of country roads at least! Got through at least £25 of power , felt a bit tight giving it back empty at 5pm on a Friday :D

egohoJ0.jpg

QmLVMwL.jpg
xerosoa.jpg
DmSpyns.jpg

h3pvuQI.jpg

yP6FJqT.jpg

0wenDyh.jpg

looked good out of the office window

a56kU2K.jpg

M hud is a huge upgrade from non-M, particularly the rev counter and the gear indicator
NuEgdCu.jpg

strange graphics in this game:

aviHy66.jpg

Saved the worst until last :D though tbh every time I see one I hate it a little less.....

09lRvQ6.jpg

Frankly remarkable car to drive. Very heavy yet it still felt incredibly sharp, very responsive, and the grip in 4wd mode is absolutely insane. It started to drizzle a bit on the way back and yet it would still absolutely throw itself out of corners when you stamped on the loud pedal. In comfort it was completely changed, suspension much softer, close the exhaust flaps and completely silent, and really was at least as comfortable as my 440i (in reality more so because the new interior is much nicer, and the seats are frankly amazing).

Truly amazing car. Shame this one's RRP is £82k. That's a lot of money for a 4 series, even when it's THIS good.

Pretty sure you can now code that M HUD to none HUD cars now.

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1833561&page=2

Soldato
Rang a few places to try to get an idea of servicing costs and they all said I'd need to pop in to get the key scanned, didn't realise this before as I had a servicing plan and just booked and dropped off, what a PITA as this means I now need to make a journey just to get an idea of the type of service required and costs.

Soldato
Rang a few places to try to get an idea of servicing costs and they all said I'd need to pop in to get the key scanned, didn't realise this before as I had a servicing plan and just booked and dropped off, what a PITA as this means I now need to make a journey just to get an idea of the type of service required and costs.

If you know what service it needs (from I drive) then you can get service costs from BMW’s website.

Man of Honour

Just work out what it needs yourself and then we can either advise you here or you can look it up yourself.

What is the model and mileage of the car and what does idrive say is due in the service requirements menu?

Soldato
Christ, i can't get over how expensive used cars are in Spain. We're aiming for a road trip at some point to look for potential locations to relocate to. I thought, instead of hiring a car for a few weeks we could buy one, then leave it at my parents place so we had something immediate when we moved. My dads always loved a convertible too so thought i'd look for something like an old Z4.

Given you can pick up a 2005ish model over here for around £4-£5k, i'd assumed there'd be similar cars over there....Nope, i seem to be looking around €11k for the same kind of car :(

Take this as an example!
https://es.wallapop.com/item/bmw-z4-3-0-i-cabrio-170-kw-231-cv-694288907

What's even more baffling is that new cars are similarly priced to over here so i'm unsure what keeps the used market so inflated. My dad bought a 2017 F Pace last year for about £35k that would've been £25k over here and i thought he'd just overpaid, but perhaps not.

Maybe i need to find a LHD car over here and drive it over!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe because the weather is nicer so convertibles hold their money better?

Prices always drop in the Uk at this time of year because summer is over. There are loads of 2005sih z4s for sale atm in the UK. Around 100 on autotrader alone. Add in other outlets and you might have the pick of 200.

Does seem mad when £9k would have got you a 2011 328 convertible in the Uk (I know its not a z4)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-BMW...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Soldato
I thought that, but it seems to be the whole market, a 2011 Tiguan is over €12k and from speaking to my dad that's been the case for a long time so not just inflated due to current situations.

Those kind of prices certainly make it difficult to justify a second car over there given we make use of just one over here!

Caporegime
It's from a salvage seller and is a model never sold in the UK. I don't think it's particularly representative of value...

It might be a US market import?

Fair enough, I never looked at it in detail, just had a quick glance for lhd bmw convertibles.

I thought that, but it seems to be the whole market, a 2011 Tiguan is over €12k and from speaking to my dad that's been the case for a long time so not just inflated due to current situations.

Those kind of prices certainly make it difficult to justify a second car over there given we make use of just one over here!

Some countries are just like that. I would quite enjoy living in a country where cars depreciated really slowly so that after 15 years they were still worth more than 33% of new.

Depreciation is the biggest cost of ownership for most cars in the UK.

mjt

mjt

Soldato

You have been very lucky in the UK. The price of second-hand cars is extremely low. The UK RHD market is very small and this was reflected in the poor residuals. Now that values have shot up recently, the prices are much higher, but still significantly lower than EU prices. I’m surprised that everyone is surprised by this :p

Soldato
Its a good time for PCP contracts that are ending. I can pay a £5,500 balloon payment on a Polo and keep the car. Valuation is £10,700 due to low covid miles and how the market is. Result!

Back
Top Bottom