• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Soldato
Yes, but it seems pointless to release a new GPU with only 2GB extra.

I'd rather just have the cheaper 10GB version out of the two as neither capacity is ideal on a high end GPU IMO.

Due to the way bus speed works Nvidia can really only go with 12, 20 or 24 on their high end cards as 16gb would gimp bandwidth and performance. At this point there is really no point in changing anything with next gen cards less than a year away although it will be interesting to see what amounts of VRAM they go with for next gen.

Caporegime
Due to the way bus speed works Nvidia can really only go with 12, 20 or 24 on their high end cards as 16gb would gimp bandwidth and performance. At this point there is really no point in changing anything with next gen cards less than a year away although it will be interesting to see what amounts of VRAM they go with for next gen.

8GB

1070 8GB, 2070 8GB, 3070 8GB, 4070 8GB. Forever 8, because like idiots we keep buying them anyway and Nvidia like 70% margins.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
8GB

1070 8GB, 2070 8GB, 3070 8GB, 4070 8GB. Forever 8, because like idiots we keep buying them anyway and Nvidia like 70% margins.
Don't be silly. 4070 (or whatever they name the equivalent tier) will be more than 8GB. My guess is 16GB of GDDR6, but who knows maybe 12 or something. Can't see them staying with 8GB as with the new consoles out for a while now we will start to see games using more. Even more important than that AMD will force them to.

Oh and maybe if AMD made available cards that do not cost silly moneys then more people would buy these cards with 12GB or more. Right now last I looked AMD 6600 XT costs more than what I paid for my 3070 FE! :cry:

Why is it that you do not have a 16GB card? I know... AMD charge silly moneys for it that's why. If AMD were concerned about us they would at least make a store like Nvidia and sell one per household at MSRP. And if money and price for performance is not an issue then might as well go 3090 which has much more VRAM and has superior RT. It has been very easy to get a 3090 at MSRP for a long time now as when they drop they last hours not minutes like the 3080.

End of the day it's all business. Lets not pretend AMD care more about us.

Back
Top Bottom