• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Bookmark this quote Bug, just in case! :D
Haha. Feel free. As I said, as long as tiers do not move about like they sometimes do then my prediction is minimum 12, but more than likely 16GB.

Agreed, AMD are not your friend. You are just a walking pile of banknotes to them both.

(Nvidia prob cut yr throat too for a few quid more though :p )
Agreed.

You're such a killjoy @TNA i'm not sugesting AMD care more about us, they don't but Nvidia are especially dickish, which is why i can't wait for Intel to pull one of their arms off and beat them with the soggy end.

Oh i'll save it :D
You guys make it look like I am some Nvidia fanboy, far from it. I do not give a crap about either company as they do not give crap about us. Simples. So I buy whatever takes my fancy at the time. I also welcome Intel into the mix, not because I like them, but because more competition the better for us :D

Caporegime
You guys make it look like I am some Nvidia fanboy, far from it. I do not give a crap about either company as they do not give crap about us. Simples. So I buy whatever takes my fancy at the time. I also welcome Intel into the mix, not because I like them, but because more competition the better for us :D
Nah, I never said nor think that. Plenty here it can be said about, but not you.

Associate
You're such a killjoy @TNA i'm not sugesting AMD care more about us, they don't but Nvidia are especially dickish, which is why i can't wait for Intel to pull one of their arms off and beat them with the soggy end.

Nvidia is crappy as **** and had a lot of shady practices throught the years but they are winner this year just for the fact they they are actually selling directly for MSRP prices.
I am happy for AMD for proper stepping up into the GPU wars this year since i think their 6XXXX cards are the most competitive line up they had in ages on my personal opinion, having decent specced consoles for decent prices is also in part thanks to them i would guess so kudos on them for that as well, still annoyed that getting those reference 6800XT for under 600 is basically impossible in the Uk.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nvidia is crappy as **** and had a lot of shady practices throught the years but they are winner this year just for the fact they they are actually selling directly for MSRP prices.
I am happy for AMD for proper stepping up into the GPU wars this year since i think their 6XXXX cards are the most competitive line up they had in ages on my personal opinion, having decent specced consoles for decent prices is also in part thanks to them i would guess so kudos on them for that as well, still annoyed that getting those reference 6800XT for under 600 is basically impossible in the Uk.
+1

I would love to see AMD take the performance crown next year. They need some market share and having the performance crown always helps with that. I hope they do well with the MCM designs and take the lead for a few gens at least. Would be great if they offered GPU's at MSRP in the UK soon for next gen cards too. If not I will probably end up with an FE card again as I do not like paying more than MSRP if I can help it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My last 4 GPU's have all been Nvidia, except one which i got rid of because ASRock.

Before Ryzen most of my CPU's have been Intel.

I'm getting tired of saying this.
I have had a mixture when it comes to GPU's. For a long wile it was only AMD for me, but then they stopped being as competitive. There was a time when AMD always was cheaper for the same performance so I never bothered with Nvidia.

As for CPU's I started with AMD and again was exclusively AMD for like 5-6 CPU's all the way until Core2Duo come out. That was the time when AMD had big market share and where charging silly moneys for their CPU's (this is why I know as soon as they are in a position to do so they will pound you from behind just as hard as Nvidia). They proper milked the FX line as I recall, so I never got an FX CPU and went Intel. With Intel I had the Core2Duo, then the Q6600 I think it was, then a Sandy Bridge for a short while, then Haswell with the 4770K which I had overclocked to 4.7GHz and that lasted me around 6 or so years!

Back to AMD now again with the R5 3600 and now R9 5900X which I think I will keep for a long time and then hand down. Potentially may sell it and get the 3D Cache version at some point if on same socket if I need the performance.

Caporegime
left a dab. :)

image.png

Caporegime
We need AMD to win against Nvidia as hard as they do now in CPU's against Intel, Intel have been knocked down a few pegs, their mindshare is all but gone, they are no longer seen as infallible, to many even second rate, i don't think ADL is going to fix that, i think there is a reason all the leaks have been the same CPU-Z and Cinebench and nothing from gaming because the reality is when you take the GPU out of the equation Ryzen 5000 has a substantial lead and its because the architecture is highly evolved at this point and tightly packaged, a very difficult thing to do and ADL looks to me like a very lose architecture with yawning gaps in the glue, i could be wrong.

Ryzen proves its possible to turn it around, i hope the rumours about RDNA 3 being MCM are true, its what AMD need to deal a real hammer blow.

Associate
We need AMD to win against Nvidia as hard as they do now in CPU's against Intel, Intel have been knocked down a few pegs, their mindshare is all but gone, they are no longer seen as infallible, to many even second rate, i don't think ADL is going to fix that, i think there is a reason all the leaks have been the same CPU-Z and Cinebench and nothing from gaming because the reality is when you take the GPU out of the equation Ryzen 5000 has a substantial lead and its because the architecture is highly evolved at this point and tightly packaged, a very difficult thing to do and ADL looks to me like a very lose architecture with yawning gaps in the glue, i could be wrong.

Ryzen proves its possible to turn it around, i hope the rumours about RDNA 3 being MCM are true, its what AMD need to deal a real hammer blow.

Ryzen 3 is amazing but lets not forget all the shady stuff that intel pulls with their motherboards, meanwhile my 5800x is running on my low budget 4 year old motherboard like a champion, dont even get me started on the 9700k losing hyperthreading compared to the 8700k or their fiasco this generation on the 11900k losing cores, then theres a fact that you need a motherboard with a decent chipset to even be able to tweak some basic memory ram settings which you can get on pretty much every single motherboard on the AMD side, dont get me wrong, I am no fanboy but i genuinely cant see why would anyone support a company like Intel when it comes to CPUS when there has been cheaper and better alternatives for the last 4-5 years.

Caporegime
My Motherboard was £160.

First PCIe and M.2 are Gen 4 With alloy heat syncs on both slots, it has Intel WiFi 6, EEC Memory Support, localised thermal sensors, USB C, WIMA Audio caps, QFlash and a real 12+2 Digital VRM, its a good looking board, heavy, beautifully made. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-AX-V2-rev-10#kf

Again £160, try getting that from Intel for £160, what you get from them for £160 is pretty much junk.

Yeah, its also about the platform.

Soldato
I am no fanboy but i genuinely cant see why would anyone support a company like Intel when it comes to CPUS when there has been cheaper and better alternatives for the last 4-5 years.
AMD were cheaper while Intel were better atleast until Zen 2 then once Zen 3 came out AMD were better but not always cheaper.

If no one buys Intel and everyone just brought AMD then it won't be long before AMD start gimping their CPUs and charging extra for stuff like overclocking or SMT etc.

My Motherboard was £160.

First PCIe and M.2 are Gen 4 With alloy heat syncs on both slots, it has Intel WiFi 6, EEC Memory Support, localised thermal sensors, USB C, WIMA Audio caps, QFlash and a real 12+2 Digital VRM, its a good looking board, heavy, beautifully made. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-AX-V2-rev-10#kf

Again £160, try getting that from Intel for £160, what you get from them for £160 is pretty much junk.

Yeah, its also about the platform.

You pay more for Intel boards as the pins are on the board so with AM5 the boards won't be as cheap as your used too.

Back
Top Bottom