Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion, domestic terrorists?

Soldato
No, because a nonviolent protest can still be unpeaceful.

And I’ll tell you something, blocking roads and preventing emergency service vehicles, which could lead to death and injury most definitely falls under the banner of violence to me.

Yeah, no. This is not a violent protest no matter how you want to frame it.

Soldato
I suspect they’ll be coming up to Glasgow for COP26. I fully expect the locals to show up you southern softies and they won’t have a huge impact.

I actually supported their methods at the beginning but it’s not worked and I think they’ve now pushed more people away from the issue because of their antics.

Capodecina
Soldato
They are severely endangering lives. That’s not on. That’s heartless and cruel.
Are they? Can you offer instances of this "endangering" by these "heartless and cruel" people?

Has anyone here ever actually ever encountered / spoken to or even been in any way inconvenienced by these Insulation protesters?

Man of Honour
A peaceful protest is a protest that doesnt use violence.

No, it isn't. A protest that doesn't use violence is a non-violent protest.

We're talking about people who deliberately make life worse for as many people as possible, who deliberately put people's lives at risk, who trap people in a location, who have already seriously harmed people and who will sooner or later kill people. To call that peaceful is nonsense.

Man of Honour
You are claiming people sitting in a road is violent, I think you are the deluded one here :cry:

They aren't *just* sitting in a road though.

The other day they came close to causing accidents on live lanes on the M25 - if this keeps up it is only time until a tragedy happens. They might not directly be using violence but it is reckless and far from a peaceful protest with potential for harm to be caused.

Caporegime
They aren't *just* sitting in a road though.

The other day they came close to causing accidents on live lanes on the M25 - if this keeps up it is only time until a tragedy happens. They might not directly be using violence but it is reckless and far from a peaceful protest with potential for harm to be caused.
Sadly that’s what it will take to force some proper action. This country loves locking the stable door after the horse has bolted

Soldato
No, it isn't. A protest that doesn't use violence is a non-violent protest.

We're talking about people who deliberately make life worse for as many people as possible, who deliberately put people's lives at risk, who trap people in a location, who have already seriously harmed people and who will sooner or later kill people. To call that peaceful is nonsense.

Are you talking about the police there?

Soldato
You are claiming people sitting in a road is violent, I think you are the deluded one here :cry:
Their actions are indirectly causing real harm. We've had people miss interviews for HGV drivers, ambulances blocked, women missing 12 week scans, someone's Mum being partially paralysed after taking so long to reach hospital and uncountable amounts of lost business and time.

The fact that they are not directly committing violence does not mean their actions don't have some very real consequences.

This is also not a time to be testing the patience and compassion of the general public. Its been a hard 18 months for many people.

Soldato
The fact that they are not directly committing violence does not mean their actions don't have some very real consequences.

This is the point though, their actions are designed to have consequences but despite what people claim on here they are not violent.

The other day they came close to causing accidents on live lanes on the M25

In other words they didn't cause an accident on the M25.

Soldato
This is the point though, their actions are designed to have consequences but despite what people claim on here they are not violent.

That's nothing more than a cope. They believe they are acting for the greater good whilst ignoring the very real suffering they are causing. Whether it's defined as violence is immaterial to me and a semantics game.

Back
Top Bottom