• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

30xx Series Founders Edition

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It's great news for me cos I've go one sat in my pc unused. Gonna sell it and just put a 5600g in until I return to pc gaming one day.

This is what whole scene seems to fail at. Gamers grumble about the prices of everything, yet like your example (sorry to use your post as an example but many fail to grasp on here that other gamers and not miners join in to the status quo here) people are capitalising on the second hand side of the market (gamers <-- are making money out of it). In these examples it has nothing to do with crypto mining just people being people and exchanging money.

The whole lets hate on miners seems rather short sited as clearly a) scalpers are muscling into the scene and causing a lot of this and b) other goods like consoles a while back and other non-miner devices were being scalped which cannot be tied to GPU's being only thing affected.

The communities and retailers need to come up with a plan to address scalping, as you will see it will help if everyone makes an effort. We have seen in the tickets for gigs/venues that it is what's needed to stop the behaviour.

Associate
This is what whole scene seems to fail at. Gamers grumble about the prices of everything, yet like your example (sorry to use your post as an example but many fail to grasp on here that other gamers and not miners join in to the status quo here) people are capitalising on the second hand side of the market (gamers <-- are making money out of it). In these examples it has nothing to do with crypto mining just people being people and exchanging money.

The whole lets hate on miners seems rather short sited as clearly a) scalpers are muscling into the scene and causing a lot of this and b) other goods like consoles a while back and other non-miner devices were being scalped which cannot be tied to GPU's.

i kinda agree but i can see why people are frustrated, Consoles are hard to get but retailers still sell them for MSRP, GPUS is everyone for itself at this point, when you have retailers selling low end GPUS for 500 quid you know things are kinda messed up.

Soldato
i kinda agree but i can see why people are frustrated, Consoles are hard to get but retailers still sell them for MSRP, GPUS is everyone for itself at this point, when you have retailers selling low end GPUS for 500 quid you know things are kinda messed up.

Yeah but consoles dont have the AIB in the mix so it makes it simpler keeping the price at a locked state. As they cant be used to mine with it was a good example of another luxury item that you can struggle to get one unless your willing to pay extra.

Now we hear nvidia are controlling the output stockpiling or delaying which will only make the prices worse! When these companies do this it totally negates the things like 'LHR' tactics showing their true colours. Other have mentioned which is also right, instead of bringing out 3080Ti's for example they could have shipped many more 3080's to satisfy demand.

Soldato

The whole lets hate on miners seems rather short sited as clearly a) scalpers are muscling into the scene and causing a lot of this and b) other goods like consoles a while back and other non-miner devices were being scalped which cannot be tied to GPU's being only thing affected.

The communities and retailers need to come up with a plan to address scalping, as you will see it will help if everyone makes an effort. We have seen in the tickets for gigs/venues that it is what's needed to stop the behaviour.

Yep, People are entitled to whatever they want to with their gpus. I've had multiple rants on here wondering why "gamers" are somehow so much more entitled than someone who might want to buy a card for mining. I couldn't care less what people are doing with the things they buy really. My gpu is pretty inactive since I got a Series x so if people are paying daft money I'd be equally daft not to take advantage of that.

Soldato
Yep, People are entitled to whatever they want to with their gpus. I've had multiple rants on here wondering why "gamers" are somehow so much more entitled than someone who might want to buy a card for mining. I couldn't care less what people are doing with the things they buy really. My gpu is pretty inactive since I got a Series x so if people are paying daft money I'd be equally daft not to take advantage of that.

Correct, I have been a 'gamer' since forever growing up in the 80's playing on Amstrad's, Spectrums and the like. Just because when I am not gaming (like sleeping or at work) I put my GPU to use mining doesn't mean that I am suddenly not a gamer.. in fact I would have bought a PS5 back in October last year except there were none and the retailers had to declare they were getting none.

Plenty on here did get a 30 series GPU and then went on to sell it to make a tidy profit!

Associate

I agree people are entitled to do what they want with their GPU. The only thing I have a problem with is hoarding. I would rather see 20 people all have one GPU than 1 person have 20.

I suspect ultimately that is what most people have a problem with.

Bottom line is while people continue to pay the prices they do for GPU's they will remain at that price. Supply and demand. Eventually all of those GPU's will come in to the market at the point the 4000 series launches. Making a second hand 3000 GPU worth hardly anything when the market is flooded and it will be. Those GPUs have to go somewhere. Nvidia has made lots of GPU's they are out there and miners/gamers and scalpers will want to move on to the next series.

Until there isn't anything better though things will continue until we hit saturation point which I doubt will happen given it is still very much thriving.

Associate
And you can also thank the reports that Nvidia are slowing or halting production to keep the prices artificially high and so the market getting saturated with second hand cards.

Back
Top Bottom