New World MMO

Soldato
Gw2 is an outstanding mmo, for me it has some of the best exploration hooks of any mmo, world quests that are done right and I love the class variation (balancing is terrible tho). It has some problems tho, PvP could be a lot better, lack of content for people that play continuously - not an issue if you haven't played before or come back when they do living story updates or when the next expansion drops.

Associate
I must admit, I was taking my time and enjoying the game, things were starting to wear thin a little in areas (enemy variety & poor A to B quests) but I'd planned a short break to play through the new Metroid game. That was around 2 weeks ago and I've just not had the desire or itch to come back. Plus there's gonna be a few games I'll no doubt start sinking more time into in the coming months.

I'll probably stick this on the shelf for the time being and re-visit in a couple of months, I do hope they can improve it though.

Soldato
I must admit, I was taking my time and enjoying the game, things were starting to wear thin a little in areas (enemy variety & poor A to B quests) but I'd planned a short break to play through the new Metroid game. That was around 2 weeks ago and I've just not had the desire or itch to come back. Plus there's gonna be a few games I'll no doubt start sinking more time into in the coming months.

I'll probably stick this on the shelf for the time being and re-visit in a couple of months, I do hope they can improve it though.

Same here, I've been crazy busy with work, and haven't logged in since last time I posted in this thread and I kind of have no real desire to at the moment either, got 31 hours out of it at least and will probably finish leveling at some point.

Soldato
Same. I'm a big fab of MMOs and knowing what I want/need to do at end game often gets me through some of the grind but at level 30 I have no idea what I want to be doing at 60. There is nothing. Haven't played it for a week or 2 now.

Soldato
What server are most people on now? Just about to start out.

If I've understood correctly I don't think the free transfers have taken place yet so I'm trying to make a good choice.

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
Talking of stats pages, does anybody know why www.newworldstatus.com removed their daily peak player chart?

Because it's not a good look.

When I track the peak player numbers, I look at like for like, a Monday for ex is not a good comparison to a Saturday, so comparing Saturday only numbers NW lost about 100,000 PP count, from 9th to the 16th, so it will be interesting to see where tommorows PP count falls, particulary in light of the broken economy, gold dupes etc

There's a still a hell of a lot of people playing though, problem is it looks to be in a cycle of one broken aspect or exploit after another, each compounding on top of each other, and whether AGS can out-run the bugs while holding onto players, as they near the end of the hype phase, fewer new players starting, more players hitting 60 and finding there's no end-game, and people generally getting to later levels and then getting bored.

They released this at least a year too early, are they competent enough to fix it and add enough content? I don't know. It's basically surviving because it's Amazon, a small dev releasing this game as was, would be well on the way to a dead game by now, NW is nowhere near to that though. So they have the chance to turn it around.

Man of Honour
Because it's not a good look.

When I track the peak player numbers, I look at like for like, a Monday for ex is not a good comparison to a Saturday, so comparing Saturday only numbers NW lost about 100,000 PP count, from 9th to the 16th, so it will be interesting to see where tommorows PP count falls, particulary in light of the broken economy, gold dupes etc

There's a still a hell of a lot of people playing though, problem is it looks to be in a cycle of one broken aspect or exploit after another, each compounding on top of each other, and whether AGS can out-run the bugs while holding onto players, as they near the end of the hype phase, fewer new players starting, more players hitting 60 and finding there's no end-game, and people generally getting to later levels and then getting bored.

They released this at least a year too early, are they competent enough to fix it and add enough content? I don't know. It's basically surviving because it's Amazon, a small dev releasing this game as was, would be well on the way to a dead game by now, NW is nowhere near to that though. So they have the chance to turn it around.

I suppose they have some external threats to their numbers to handle too, with the new FFXIV expansion due imminently and the Lost Ark beta in a couple of weeks time and then release. We'll see what happens

Associate

This is something I worry about aswell. Or at least I'm interested how Amazon as a new company in gaming industry handles the game and its future content. Amazon really don't have a shiny track record, there was one game more than a year ago and I believe it was cancelled.

Soldato
I suppose they have some external threats to their numbers to handle too, with the new FFXIV expansion due imminently and the Lost Ark beta in a couple of weeks time and then release. We'll see what happens

Yeah, I wonder if there's a few people playing NW right now who are prepared for Endwalker and are just wasting a bit of time, and I definitely think LA will take people away. The launch of Endwalker is going to blow NW out the water in terms of attention in all forms of gaming media. It's basically had the spotlight all it itself since launc, that's going to change drastically.

Soldato
This is something I worry about aswell. Or at least I'm interested how Amazon as a new company in gaming industry handles the game and its future content. Amazon really don't have a shiny track record, there was one game more than a year ago and I believe it was cancelled.

Crucible was so bad they relased it in May 2020, went back into closed beta in July, and killed it a couple of months later. They cancelled the LOTR MMO, the greatest IP in fantasy History, and made the souless generic NW instead, and have held back LA, so it didn't take attention away from NW, when one game was ready to go the other one needed at least another year.

So far they've shown themsleves to be totally incompetent.

Associate
Crucible was so bad they relased it in May 2020, went back into closed beta in July, and killed it a couple of months later. They cancelled the LOTR MMO, the greatest IP in fantasy History, and made the souless generic NW instead, and have held back LA, so it didn't take attention away from NW, when one game was ready to go the other one needed at least another year.

So far they've shown themsleves to be totally incompetent.

They didn't cancel the LoTR MMO to make NW instead, NW was being made regardless. They had contractual disputes with Tencent which led to the game being cancelled.

V F

V F

Soldato
They didn't cancel the LoTR MMO to make NW instead, NW was being made regardless. They had contractual disputes with Tencent which led to the game being cancelled.

Oh, that's sad. I'd have jumped on for the Tolkien universe if it wasn't going to get cancelled.

Caporegime
doesn't feel like they are throwing money at the game to fix it

Associate
After playing alpha and beta i wasnt very interested in playing release due to the lack of open world pvp and various other issues with the game.

Severe boredom made me buy it in the end and happy to report I got to lvl 45 and still think its ****

Back
Top Bottom