Alec Baldwin fatally shoots woman with prop gun on movie set

Caporegime
Clearly wasn't, again, someone just died.

That was in response to your first question (ie yes it is fantasy land)
Yes, he's partly responsible IMO. If it was a live round then I think he and the armourer perhaps should be prosecuted.

I'd suspect there would be something more substantial than some debris... unless really close range. See the incident with the crow for example. He shouldn't be pointing the firearm directly at someone up close either.

Well, he isn't going to be, which would infer that you are wrong.

Caporegime
That was in response to your first question (ie yes it is fantasy land)

OK, why is it fantasy land? "Because it is" doesn't address anything.
Well, he isn't going to be, which would infer that you are wrong.

That makes no sense - you asked for my opinion - that isn't something you can state is right or wrong. It's like me asking you if you think cannabis should be legal and if you answer yes I state "well it's illegal so that would infer you're wrong".

Whether he is or isn't prosecuted has no bearing on my views re: whether he should be.

Caporegime
I wish I had your psychic powers. Could you drop me a PM with next week's lottery numbers please?

If what you are saying is true, and that Alec's actions could have 100% prevented this happening and that it was his responsibility, then is it not immediately criminally negligent manslaughter?

Caporegime
I'd rather get shot than read any more of this :p

It would be called a "dowie hole" in SC but Dis86 is joining in too here and because it's 2 vs 2 instead of dowie vs the whole SC FBPE brigade then the blame is perhaps shared more equally! :D

It is a bit silly when people who have clearly little to no experience with firearms are perplexed by the notion that there might be basic checks carried out or that in other areas where firearms are used weapons safety has been considered previously.

Caporegime
OK, why is it fantasy land? "Because it is" doesn't address anything.

That makes no sense - you asked for my opinion - that isn't something you can state is right or wrong. It's like me asking you if you think cannabis should be legal and if you answer yes I state "well it's illegal so that would infer you're wrong".

Whether he is or isn't prosecuted has no bearing on my views re: whether he should be.

I thought we were talking about his responsibilities as a professional actor?

If this is just about you thinking that it would have been nice for him to have checked it a bit more in your opinion, then this argument is even more stupid than I thought.

Be mindful that this all started in response to someone saying he was going down for this.

Caporegime
If what you are saying is true, and that Alec's actions could have 100% prevented this happening and that it was his responsibility, then is it not immediately criminally negligent manslaughter?

His actions 100% could have. I'll ask again, what part of never point a potentially live weapon at someone is confusing you?

Caporegime
I thought we were talking about his responsibilities as a professional actor?

Yes, we are.

If this is just about you thinking that it would have been nice for him to have checked it a bit more in your opinion, then this argument is even more stupid than I thought.

Why is it stupid though? You don't seem to be able to explain that part? Again, someone died here.. and you're still defending the status quo of lax safety. Just taking possession of a weapon and assuming what state it is in, pointing a weapon at someone etc.

Caporegime
Yes, we are.

Why is it stupid though? You don't seem to be able to explain that part? Again, someone died here.. and you're still defending the status quo of lax safety.

Lax safety in your opinion (on the part of Alec).

You literally just tried to weasel your way out of this by saying whether he gets prosecuted or not doesn't matter, as its your opinion.

He won't be held responsible legally for this (as I'm sure you are well aware) , which would mean that you would be wrong in terms of his professional duties.

Caporegime
You literally just tried to weasel your way out of this by saying whether he gets prosecuted or not doesn't matter, as its your opinion.

Weasel my way out of what? You're being a bit of a lunatic here tbh.. you literally asked me for my opinion - what is hard to understand about that?

He won't be held responsible legally for this (as I'm sure you are well aware) , which would mean that you would be wrong in terms of his professional duties.

I don't know that, I wouldn't claim to be an expert in the laws of New Mexico.

What specifically do you think I'm wrong about here though - what argument that I've made is "wrong" here?

You could use the quote function if you like.

Man of Honour

Depends what the investigation turns up (and as above what the law is in that area) - earlier reports were he was clowning around somewhat with a functional firearm outside of scene shooting - which could potentially see him facing legal action.

Back
Top Bottom