• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia recognises 10gb isn't enough - RTX3080 gets a VRAM upgrade

Soldato
It's all a scam on the consumer, consumers should be having none of this and should show their annoyance at Nvidia and AMD! Consumers need to say it's now enough!

10GB VRAM on one of Nvidia's flag ship cards that is totally out selling AMD cards. So then AMD work on one popular game (Far Cry 6), AMD force them to use a Texture Pack to cause issues for Nvidia's 10GB card.

All a bunch of nonsense! 99.5% of PC games will not use more than 10GB VRAM.

Nvidia now sees this as a money making opportunity and are now going to fleece gamers with a 12GB version ( 2GB more :cry:). They will be making 100% markups, millions of profit yet again. Gamers just need more GPUs at affordable prices not this nonsense!

They are spitting in the face of gamers and gamers are taking it !

Trouble is FC6 even with the HD texture pack looks no better than FC5. The fact the base game without that pack looks awful shows. like most games on release that the game wasn't finished. Also this texture pack uses so much VRAM it clearly isnt optimised yet. I've bought all the FC games but this one I've left for now. Like CP2077 - it's a mugs game paying full whack on release. New AAA games I wait until the first big patch and see performance reviews or wait until they are 1/2 price - these usually coincide and games are usually fixed by then. Too many mugs buying games on release and saying you need x & Y to run it - doubt the developers designed it to only run on 16+ GB cards.....the sales they'll lose as 99% of gamers will be 8GB or less. Like CP2077, FC6 is beta at best. Some of the textures as seen in this thread are awful.

If it truely is made for 16GB cards then I guess it'll never be fixed - time will tell. I've still yet to purchase CP2077 - playing Metro Exodus - I bought once it had been enhanced (optimized).

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Trouble is FC6 even with the HD texture pack looks no better than FC5. The fact the base game without that pack looks awful shows. like most games on release that the game wasn't finished. Also this texture pack uses so much VRAM it clearly isnt optimised yet. I've bought all the FC games but this one I've left for now. Like CP2077 - it's a mugs game paying full whack on release. New AAA games I wait until the first big patch and see performance reviews or wait until they are 1/2 price - these usually coincide and games are usually fixed by then. Too many mugs buying games on release and saying you need x & Y to run it - doubt the developers designed it to only run on 16+ GB cards.....the sales they'll lose as 99% of gamers will be 8GB or less. Like CP2077, FC6 is beta at best. Some of the textures as seen in this thread are awful.

If it truely is made for 16GB cards then I guess it'll never be fixed - time will tell. I've still yet to purchase CP2077 - playing Metro Exodus - I bought once it had been enhanced (optimized).

I have not played FC5 but have to agree with what you say. By the time I do purchase CP it will have less bugs and be priced where games should be which is not the commanded release prices. It clearly is beta testing these days on games and seems to take many patches then driver updates to get performance where it was intended to be.

Soldato
Cost of 3080 -£650
Postage -£10
Selling Cold War +£30
Value of ethereum mined so far +£2550
Value of card on 2nd hand markets +£1200

So I'm up >£3000 but I can't play Far Cry 6 on max textures. I think 10GB is enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Best response

Associate

This is what i have said in couple of other threads there is something wrong with the texturing some look very good others are just like from 10 years back.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
This is what i have said in couple of other threads there is something wrong with the texturing some look very good others are just like from 10 years back.
So seems the game is buggy, as event without HD Texture pack the game should not have such crappy textures. Why does every other game manage to make textures work with 10GB and this game you need 16GB otherwise it looks like crap? Standard textures should still look good like other games.

I played Cyberpunk 2077 on release and the bugs I remember were the t-pose happing to a npc once and happened to my character when riding the bike. Oh and the famous trees bending which was actually fun. But apart from that it worked and looked fantastic. Far Cry 6 seems to be in worse condition to me, difference is this one was not hyped.

Soldato
Trouble is FC6 even with the HD texture pack looks no better than FC5.

This is demonstrably false. Funny thing is, FC5 + HD txpk actually did start causing problems for GPUs with 8 GB of vram or less too. So of course now with a game pushing more detail, higher res textures for more things, it's going to consume more vram. It's funny to see PC players beg for downgrades to visuals so that their cards play at the highest setting from the jump, instead of being thankful you have something to look forward to when upgrading! It should be no wonder why Crysis had to move to the consoles as well. That spirit of future-proofing & pushing the boundaries has no market on the PC anymore. I wouldn't worry though, I'm sure Ubisoft will fix it for y'all.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Its down to how critical people want to be. As you can see in the clip above there is a difference between 5>6. To say it looks 'no better' is just an exaggeration. Interesting to hear the texture pack in the previous game caused VRAM issues which should have been mentioned before seeing as there's plenty of hardcore professional opinion gamers on here! :cry:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I am happy to see games push vram as long as what we get in return in terms of image quality is better than what has come before that used less vram. Now I have not played the game, but does this game have the best textures ever made in a game? From what I have seen I am not convinced. Just look at Godfall (hey Matt :p) and tell me is the supposed extra vram required translate to much better textures and image quality never seen before.

Also all this should not come at the expense of crappy stock textures.

Will be interesting to compare textures and overall graphics of the guardians of galaxy soon. Let’s see what they can do with 10GB VRAM and we can compare it to textures in Far Cry 6 that require 16GB. Based on the numbers one would image Far Cry 6 will be leaps and bounds better with all the extra VRAM right? But that likely won’t be the case.

Caporegime
Caporegime
I am happy to see games push vram as long as what we get in return in terms of image quality is better than what has come before that used less vram. Now I have not played the game, but does this game have the best textures ever made in a game? From what I have seen I am not convinced. Just look at Godfall (hey Matt :p) and tell me is the supposed extra vram required translate to much better textures and image quality never seen before.

Also all this should not come at the expense of crappy stock textures.

Will be interesting to compare textures and overall graphics of the guardians of galaxy soon. Let’s see what they can do with 10GB VRAM and we can compare it to textures in Far Cry 6 that require 16GB. Based on the numbers one would image Far Cry 6 will be leaps and bounds better with all the extra VRAM right? But that likely won’t be the case.

Preach brother, preach! :p

TBF with regards to guardians of the galaxy, won't be a great comparison due to completely different settings/environment, type of game etc. etc. I will say from what I have seen so far though, that it is a better looking game on the whole but a large part of this is the art direction they have taken. I don't expect textures to look much, if any better than FC 6 (when they work) but you can be guaranteed the reflections will look a hundred times better and not be held back as much :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Click for another two pages.

Remember folks, don't be like TNA. Seriously, it's an unhealthy way to spend your time on this planet. :cry:

:cry::cry::cry:

If I needed a propaganda machine I would employ him! ;) :p

Preach brother, preach! :p

TBF with regards to guardians of the galaxy, won't be a great comparison due to completely different settings/environment, type of game etc. etc. I will say from what I have seen so far though, that it is a better looking game on the whole but a large part of this is the art direction they have taken. I don't expect textures to look much, if any better than FC 6 (when they work) but you can be guaranteed the reflections will look a hundred times better and not be held back as much :p

:cry::D:cry:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom