Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion, domestic terrorists?

Man of Honour
They certainly are brave/stupid running onto the motorway in the way that they do. Do that first thing in the morning and they’d be lucky if I reacted in time. I’m surprised there hasn’t been fatality already, either accidentally or on purpose. They’ll do it to the wrong person eventually. Can’t say I’d shed a tear.

Soldato
I see they have been gluing themselves to the road. Unglue one or two protestors and arrest them. Then put a barrier around the others so cars can drive past safely and leave the rest of rent-a-mob glued to the road. Let them sort out their own removal once they get thirsty or desperate for the toilet. Arrest them when they somehow remove themselves.

Or just hose them all with cold water and let the weather do the rest...

Caporegime
Who is funding them?

1 is the Millionaire son of a Millionaire landlord with his own rental portfolio from daddy ( a large % of his rental portfolio is uninsulated) oh and his mum who's unemployed as she gave up her job for this.

1is the rich wife of a TFL director, who had to step down after it came out that as the man who was in charge of getting London moving again for 170k a year after covid, his wife was glueing herself to the road.

One is a labour councilor Theresa Norton, who's on holiday.

Then there's her son the leader who lives in an uninsulated house.(noticing a mother son pattern here)

The rest seem to be retired or unemployed so over all they're pretty much tax payer funded

Man of Honour
1is the rich wife of a TFL director, who had to step down after it came out that as the man who was in charge of getting London moving again for 170k a year after covid, his wife was glueing herself to the road.
I'd heard this before and it absolutely cracks me up :D

Man of Honour
Just drag them off anyway, may leave a little skin on the road, but it's an occupational hazard if you're dumb enough to glue your head to the road.

Serious question, I assume that they don’t superglue themselves to the asphalt without a method of reasonably painlessly ungluing themselves, surely they don’t rely on a friend gently applying acetone or nail polish remover to their faces or hands do they?
I take it that law enforcement have been instructed on how to do it, for as much as we all say that they should be left there to rot, or at the very least become soaked in their own waste, I don’t see the authorities letting that happen.

Caporegime
Serious question, I assume that they don’t superglue themselves to the asphalt without a method of reasonably painlessly ungluing themselves, surely they don’t rely on a friend gently applying acetone or nail polish remover to their faces or hands do they?
I take it that law enforcement have been instructed on how to do it, for as much as we all say that they should be left there to rot, or at the very least become soaked in their own waste, I don’t see the authorities letting that happen.

Would be brilliant if they just cordoned them off from outside interference, emptied thier pockets and just waited for then to ask to be helped up.

"Yep don't worry someone is driving over with the glue remover, they seem to be a bit held up by traffic though"

Caporegime

No, they intend to be removed by law enforcement. Same thing they used to do when handcuffing or chaining themselves to railings.

Man of Honour
No, they intend to be removed by law enforcement. Same thing they used to do when handcuffing or chaining themselves to railings.
Which is why they should not be removed. Leave them to it and arrest them if they manage to get free. After a few times others would be put off doing it.

Man of Honour
Er... you know their goal is to disrupt things as much as possible, right? Leave them there and you've closed major roads for hours and hours and hours and hours.
Leave them there and you disrupt things for a short time. Keep removing them and they will disrupt things for a long time.

Caporegime
Leave them there and you disrupt things for a short time. Keep removing them and they will disrupt things for a long time.

So, you close the M25 for 24 hours until they remove themselves, causing massive disruption and making headline news. Do you think the people who want to cause disruption and headlines for their cause will (a) be less inclined to act or (b) be more inclined to act?

Before answering this question, please remember that a stated aim of Insulate Britain was to fill jails with their activists.

Back
Top Bottom