Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion, domestic terrorists?

Caporegime
I have seen photographic evidence of somebody moving in to a new build and noticing mould all over the place in the kitchen, 1 day after receiving the keys.

It was a Crest Nicolson home

243689696_1228732857626911_643865610915214726_n.jpg

243377855_1228732770960253_8230183640004133181_n.jpg

That doesn't mean the cause is insulation issues.
It could be caused by poor storage of materials flooding etc.

Caporegime
You are correct, I wasn't necessarily blaming the insulation but it's not always the occupants fault they end up with mould, as Dolph suggested was the most common cause.

Soldato
Not really, the materials and methods arent as good as they used to be. It was quite obvious when I was house hunting. Also you get next to no garden or storage space in new homes.

Its nothing to do with the materials, its the houses are being built to a very cheap price point. Materials today are better than they used to be if companies are willing to buy them..

Soldato
There we go, fixed that for you. Look, we all know you love to have a bit of input in things you know nothing about, generally with mixed results and often to great comedic effect, but please at least try to get your facts straight before stating your rubbish as facts.

Do you even know what r-value is?

Go google that, do a bit of reading, then come back with a bit of factual stuff, not whatever rubbish you sucked out your thumb today.

Pot calling the kettle black right there lol

Its nothing to do with the materials, its the houses are being built to a very cheap price point. Materials today are better than they used to be if companies are willing to buy them..

Exactly and they dont want to pay for them. You only see a top quality build if its custom built or something up market and very expensive.

I have a relative who produces a lot of the EPC certificates for new housing estate, so he gets to see all of the blueprints. Some of them skirt what is legal. There are few companies which are consistently bad and should be avoided.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sure, you can have something which scrapes approval, but its not going to be very good.

Flammable cladding on a towerblock with 100s of people in it was legal...
So what are you saying? Skirting with the law = abiding by the law, but if the law isn't adequate in the first place, then what?

Caporegime
Sure, you can have something which scrapes approval, but its not going to be very good.

Flammable cladding on a towerblock with 100s of people in it was legal...

But it wasn't? The people lied about it because it was only meant to be used below 12m iirc

Man of Honour
But it wasn't? The people lied about it because it was only meant to be used below 12m iirc

The insulation was approved when covered with cement, the cladding approved for use with non flammable insulation.

The combination of the two out of their spec was deadly.

Caporegime
they should just leave them superglued to the road.

do you think they bring their own anti solvent or whatever to remove it? they might end up literally stuck there begging for help

Caporegime

do you think they bring their own anti solvent or whatever to remove it? they might end up literally stuck there begging for help

I assume they have a few with it who don't glue themselves.

I wonder what happens if you arrest only the unglued handlers then just leave?

Modern day stocks!

Soldato

Yep, superglue won't stick for more than a few days in that application anyway. Especially not in the cold and rain.

Throwing solvant everywhere is also bad for the environment. So they should respect the decision.

Caporegime
Yep, superglue won't stick for more than a few days in that application anyway. Especially not in the cold and rain.

Throwing solvant everywhere is also bad for the environment. So they should respect the decision.

You gonna answer my question or keep hiding from the big bad internet men who drag you up on your rubbish?

Back
Top Bottom