[PIC_THREAD] People, Portraits, Street

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
2021.09.18_1814-22_01056.jpg

2021.09.18_1810-16_00979.jpg

Soldato
Soldato
long time since I posted in here. I'm getting back into photography now and have a few shoots lined up. mainly TFP ones so I can finally get a portfolio up and running.

These few are from a shoot with a Qigong and Thai Chi instructor local to me. I wanted to test out my home studio stuff and get some experience with it before jumping into bigger projects.

_DSC3952 by Christopher Sharples, on Flickr

White (15) by Christopher Sharples, on Flickr

White (4) by Christopher Sharples, on Flickr

White (11) by Christopher Sharples, on Flickr

White (1) by Christopher Sharples, on Flickr

Soldato
Street shots are really something I feel I struggle with - I know what I like, and I know what I feel makes sense . . . .

It just doesn't always seem to make sense to everyone else :confused:

I'm loving your composition and colours contrasts @Merlin5 and I thank you for sharing :)

Here's a few of my images and any comments or critique is always welcomed:

ZoAYQup.jpg

6mpUGqo.jpg

View attachment tbIAm0c.jpg

bfoh4j2.jpg

View attachment 2aGbXgY.jpg

The first shot was taken recently in London during a torrential downpour - the remaining images were all taken (pre covid) in Edinburgh during their famous Fringe Festival.

Last edited:
Soldato
Street shots are really something I feel I struggle with - I know what I like, and I know what I feel makes sense . . . .

It just doesn't always seem to make sense to everyone else :confused:

I'm loving your composition and colours contrasts @Merlin5 and I thank you for sharing :)

Here's a few of my images and any comments or critique is always welcomed:

ZoAYQup.jpg

6mpUGqo.jpg

View attachment tbIAm0c.jpg

bfoh4j2.jpg

View attachment 2aGbXgY.jpg

The first shot was taken recently in London during a torrential downpour - the remaining images were all taken (pre covid) in Edinburgh during their famous Fringe Festival.

Thanks Sonea Fifer :). Now, I love these that you've posted. Firstly, the guy holding the trainers in the rain .. perfect street photography! That's one I'd like to have taken. The look on his face that his new shoes are getting rained on tells the story. :D

The Edinburgh photos are so cinematic, love them.

Soldato
Thanks Sonea Fifer :). Now, I love these that you've posted. Firstly, the guy holding the trainers in the rain .. perfect street photography! That's one I'd like to have taken. The look on his face that his new shoes are getting rained on tells the story. :D

The Edinburgh photos are so cinematic, love them.

Many thanks once again for the kind comments @Merlin5.

Soldato
I seem to have become paparazzi, lol. :cool: I happened to be strolling around in Leicester Square on Tuesday doing some street photography when I noticed lights, barriers and a red carpet being prepared for a World Premiere in the evening with Lady Gaga and cast. I hung around to see if I could get any celeb pics. Almost sight unseen, camera held one handed high above me peering over the barriers that I couldn't see through, I got these photos.

Everyone Went Gaga! (7)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (1)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (2)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (3)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (5)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (4)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Everyone Went Gaga! (6)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Soldato
Thanks chaps. :) Yes that's correct Captain, Sigma 56 f/1.4, effectively giving me 84mm reach because of the x1.5 crop factor. I tried to sell them to the tabloids but was too late getting in touch with them.

Back
Top Bottom