[PIC_THREAD] People, Portraits, Street

Soldato
OP
That's nice! I can't find any scenes like that down here sadly :(

Cheers. What's really bad is this is literally on my doorstep (well I drive up there but it's only 5 mins or so away), and this is the first time this autumn I have been up there, not good! It looks like it was pretty amazing so I'm going to make an effort next year :)

The plan today was to get up there early morning for better light, but it was midday by the time we got there :(

Soldato
OP
Really nice, I like the processing (looks a bit like florabella) but the skin tones are a little to yellow/green, they could do with more magenta. If they don't look yellow/greenish to you, you may want to check your monitor calibration.

They do have a slight cross processed look, overall I quite like the tone though. It's a preset from OnOne and I haven't messed with it at all so can't take any credit. On a few where I don't tweak exposure etc. there's a definite zombie look creeping in! I shall have a play around to normalise the skin more. Quite frequently though when I look beckon stuff I process like this a few months down the line I hate it!

Soldato
OP
I don't know what you are doing to the skin, but it looks odd and is really uneven in that last shot? The capture is nice, although I suppose losing the clipped hand and cropping in might make it tidier? The clipped flower on the headband stands out as well...

Soldato
OP
Rubbish weather today wasn't going to stop Jennie getting out on her new motorbike (now called Daisy)! :)

Jennie's first motorbike!!! by jj_glos, on Flickr

Most difficult panning subject I've ever had to deal with, not mention going out in a short sleeved shirt wasn't the best idea so shivering wasn't helping!

Cool chick :)

Soldato
OP
No, I'm referring to the raw pink\red blotchy skin tones that his processing has at times. It not as pronounced in some pics but looks really odd in others. It's sightly less pronounced on my PC with calibrated screen, but on the iPad, iPhone, S2 etc. it doesn't look great.

Cross processing has been used for portraits for years, some I like, some I don't

Soldato
OP
In the recent set, third pic, tones aren't nice at all. To be honest it's in all sets including the weddings from last year.

By the way, I'm not using a cross processing preset at all...

Soldato
OP
I'd check your calibration as that looks just fine to me. It's clearly a cold day, and combined with that flare I don't see any reason why those colours shouldn't be natural given England is a cold place and cheeks go rosy as a result.

I'm not talking about you using a preset, I'm talking about GSXR. Yours are much less extreme and while they look a /little/ green to me it's nothing seriously offensive to my eye.

Well, everything I print comes out as per my screen (barring the black depth, which I can't get right) I don't think it's that far out. As I said earlier though, it's worse on screens of the iPad, iPhone, S2 etc. As that is the medium potential clients will view initially, it's pretty important? Ultimately though, processing is all down personal preference. So it doesn't really matter all that much.

Back
Top Bottom