• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
People keep mentioning 'the group'
I have Telegram App.
Can someone tell me what's 'the group' is that I need to add.....or is it like FightClub, cos nobody will tell me :0(

ljt

ljt

Soldato
People keep mentioning 'the group'
I have Telegram App.
Can someone tell me what's 'the group' is that I need to add.....or is it like FightClub, cos nobody will tell me :0(

Just search "fe partalert telegram" in Google on the phone you have telegram installed on and it should come up as the first link, which when you tap it goes into the telegram app and adds you to the notification group, then just wait until the next uk drop.

Soldato
You bought a £1200+ card, what does that say about the state of our currency?
I'm betting you didn't want to spend so much on a GPU?
It was £1050 for a 3080TI, did I want to spend that? Not really, I had budgeted for £650 twelve months ago but haven't been able to buy one and the 3080's aren't looking like they are coming back so I moved on. I've not upgraded my pc since 2010 and my current GPU is a 980TI from 2015.

All in I've spent close to £3k including a 38" Alienware monitor but as above it's not much spread over a 12 year period, that's how I justified it lol.

Nothing is cheap anymore, had to buy a washing machine yesterday after the one we had died on Saturday after 15 years, that was £800

Soldato
What group is it on Telegram?
I can get a staff discount in vouchers on the site that sounds like a Takeaway.
However, Everytime a 1080 or 1080TI shows up, the next time I look they have gone.
Either a system glitch or scalpers are quick.

Don't fancy being stuck with £1.5k of vouchers. Likewise don't want to pay £200 extra everywhere else.
Anyways, now I've done wafffling. Could I have details how I see when the FE cards drop.

I'm now stuck on what to build. Was going with 5900x and 3080, however Adlerlake has shook things up and hopefully prices will drop come Black Friday

Just search "fe partalert telegram" in Google on the phone you have telegram installed on and it should come up as the first link, which when you tap it goes into the telegram app and adds you to the notification group, then just wait until the next uk drop.

What this chap said

Associate
Dumb question but why don't OcUK get UK drops/why is it only one specific UK retailer that does?

I doubt that's common knowledge, so not a daft question. My guess is the competitor buys more in than OC so they have priority, or they bought the right to be the seller. Doubt there's any money to be made off them as a retailer.

Soldato
Probably more than a week away as the last one was 29th Oct. Still, dates and timing is pretty random.

Still not got one as the drops are during the working day and I'm general busy and can't just drop everything to buy one in the first 2 mins

Yeah, you have to be mega quick I missed a drop by 15 minutes once.

Soldato
Dumb question but why don't OcUK get UK drops/why is it only one specific UK retailer that does?

If you are talking about FE Nvidia cards here... then there is only only retailer that acts as a fulfillment partner for these cards in the UK. I obviously can't mention them by name!

Associate
Think I'm gonna give up on my rig altogether. Managed to get a few gpus and paid the price. My gtx1080 and ryzen 3600 provided a better experience than my upgrade to a 3080 and 5800x (keep getting loads of texture pop in and bad draw distance, with several 3000 series gpus).

My point - don't worry guys, grass ain't always greener on the other side.

Such a bad year of pc gaming for me... Wasted basically a grand

Associate
I've been watching the scalpers for a while, and I think the people who were going to buy at those inflated prices have got what they want now, for the most part. Most FE cards being sold by scalpers have been up for 4-12 weeks; even after multiple price drops in some cases. I imagine they'll always get their investment back however this all shakes out (although I'd say there's a risk they don't), but I wish they'd give up the ghost. It just feels spiteful at this point. Just recoup your losses and let people have nice things.

Back
Top Bottom